Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter van Failleditzemotee and Herself showing us the Windows Millennium interface for a lightbulb camera. You think moving the damn thing around (it's only six inches away) via it might be useful. But no...he avoid touching those movement buttons when I watched...Strange, that? Worried it wouldn't work, maybe?

Last edited:
Peter van Failleditzemotee and Herself showing us the Windows Millennium interface for a lightbulb camera. You think moving the damn thing around (it's only six inches away) via it might be useful. But no...he avoid touching those movement buttons when I watched...Strange, that? Worried it wouldn't work, maybe?
I thought the same when Mike was selling the sola lights you stake in the ground. There he was with a bucket full in front of him yet he never once thought to stick his hand over the sola panel to demo them coming on after dark.

These suitcases. Himself...bring 'dem over..NOW, bast....Make yerself not neider not use nor ornament...Now...dis empty case here...so light...you can erect it with one finger...Great for the ease of use at the airport, when it's full with 20000 Turkish cigarettes...Himself??? Now...bring over me tea...Shall I have it now or wait 'til I get it??!!

The laundry egg is back, that's fantastic. :rolleyes: You can buy them for £3.49 on the Discount Dragon website, before you all rush off to buy some, you would have to either buy 9 of them, or order stuff you might not really need, because it has a minimum order value of £30.
They’re £7 in Tesco’s or £6.30 if you’ve got a club card and no p&p!

Foghorn is on Facebook today modelling some sort of shapeless bag that she had to buy from M&S in India because of her lost luggage. She even bought undies there, and is hoping for reimbursement. The way she walks around like she is on a catwalk, she obviously thinks she looks great (she doesn't)
I thought she’d bought her knickers two sizes too small which is why she was walking like that🫢

Great result for Crystal Palace Duke, and also for us Arsenal fans, thanks.

My mate is an Arsenal fan, of course being so far from London he doesn't get to see them much, he managed to get a ticket for the home game against Newcastle back at end of Feb, he was really chuffed when he got back, then he was back to reality and coming with me to watch Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership. :ROFLMAO:

My mate is an Arsenal fan, of course being so far from London he doesn't get to see them much, he managed to get a ticket for the home game against Newcastle back at end of Feb, he was really chuffed when he got back, then he was back to reality and coming with me to watch Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership. :ROFLMAO:
The only time we get to go is pre season to the Emirates Cup, but we enjoy it nevertheless.

Very well put, Duke.

They need to concentrate on quality and service and realise that value doesn't mean pretending to be the cheapest.

Ditch the clowns and spivs, a comment I made in a recent IW survey. I gave them 8/10 in the would you recommend category which they seemed to think was a poor rating. The reason it's not 9 or 10 is because of their on-screen sales techniques.
I have to admit I'd give IW nowhere near 8/10 for would I recommend them to others. All jokes aside, I'd be closer to 2/10 and even that's generous. Lies and mistruths, mostly very mediocre products that can usually be bought cheaper elsewhere, what's to recommend?

I have to admit I'd give IW nowhere near 8/10 for would I recommend them to others. All jokes aside, I'd be closer to 2/10 and even that's generous. Lies and mistruths, mostly very mediocre products that can usually be bought cheaper elsewhere, what's to recommend?

You're being generous, they'd get a big fat 0 out 10 from me, the recommendation i give others is stay well clear of, watch for entertainment purposes only. Doesn't matter how good or bad the products are, doesn't matter how cheap or dear they are, the fact that they have presenters who continual lie, mislead, misinform, repeatedly spout bullshit and innacurate info ably assited by pretendy experts all with the obvious approval and encouragement of management & production staff, just tells me the company is rotten to the core, poor morals & ethics, they are deliberately taking advantage of the aged and less fortunate in society, a gang of fraudsters. And that's how i feel before we even get to fake texts being read out on air.

You're being generous, they'd get a big fat 0 out 10 from me, the recommendation i give others is stay well clear of, watch for entertainment purposes only. Doesn't matter how good or bad the products are, doesn't matter how cheap or dear they are, the fact that they have presenters who continual lie, mislead, misinform, repeatedly spout bullshit and innacurate info ably assited by pretendy experts all with the obvious approval and encouragement of management & production staff, just tells me the company is rotten to the core, poor morals & ethics, they are deliberately taking advantage of the aged and less fortunate in society, a gang of fraudsters. And that's how i feel before we even get to fake texts being read out on air.

Hear, hear.

And that IW, is something you can actually quote Hammy on saying!

The reason I gave 8/10 is personal experience of their service. I would expect anyone I knew to be discerning enough to see past the mis-selling and only go for the true bargains as I do.

I can't imagine why anyone would be fooled into believing that a £700 watch could be sold for £80. Or be impressed by the likes of Patio Pete or Marketstall Mike.

However, there are some worthwhile buys else why are we all here?

I cannot give them more than zero. Their price comparison strategy is something Matt Allwright wouldn’t look place storming in on. I only wish he would. That dreadful tactic alone removes any possibility of any marks whatsoever for them as a selling entity. Personally, I have yet to see a decent buy on this channel. I accept others may have done, but I have not. They could present me with the opportunity of a £200 Rolex and I would still decline it.

However, there are some worthwhile buys else why are we all here?

I bought about 6 things from IW2. They did have big brands (in-between the watch shows) and were often competitive on price - either lower than Amazon or within ~£10/15.

But dear god, IW3 is a million miles way from that! A perpetual conveyor belt of cheap Chinese products at inflated prices and BS about gobbledygook brand names like COOMIKE being "leading names in {product category}".

I haven't been tempted once to buy something from the reanimated corpse so far - but then why would I? I'm not in the market for Emu Oil, light therapy horror masks, copper socks, and TAMSY tents.

So I'm here out of habit, I guess. I enjoyed IW2. It was just as silly and shyster at times, but more often than not the products could at least stand on their own merits (and could be demoed without fear of failure).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back