QVC no quibble money back guarantee as long as you don't return over 50%

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is news to me, oh dear just sent back four things today: earings that fell apart as I picked them up, never even got as far as trying them on, a watch that would not stay done up and kept falling off my wrist, a dress that looked great on tv but in real life looked like a rag off the market and a ring that I bought on "last clicks" which matched neither image or the florid text describing it. So today that's 100 percent returned from my most recent spree, wonder where that leaves me. Have shopped with them them for approx 4 years and bought LOADS of stuff, agree that they should be far more upfront about this re time scale and quantities etc

I do get many emails that are marked like this and I ALWAYS respect off the record emails and calls.

Strange though, that Rob Locke and the Ideal World bloke (can't remember his name) objected to you publishing them though, isn't it?

Most folks I know would never mark emails as "not for publication" if/when they sent them as they'd assume a degree of trust and confidentiality. Or am I just hopelessly naive?

Strange though, that Rob Locke and the Ideal World bloke (can't remember his name) objected to you publishing them though, isn't it?

Most folks I know would never mark emails as "not for publication" if/when they sent them as they'd assume a degree of trust and confidentiality. Or am I just hopelessly naive?

You so obviously have a personal axe to grind.

Nope. None. Just think you were out of order and nobody said anything.

What have Rob Locke and Emails from years ago got to do with the subject of this thread?

When you ring up CS and complain about a faulty item it's registered on your account, as, err, faulty.

If only it was that simple! I guess you must be correct in your implicit assumption that the rest of us here don't "speak the language."

Err...the Dr. Dolittle paragraph referring to me as "married to a journalist". Don't make remarks like this please they're irrelevant and patronising.

It's funny you should say that because "irrelevant and patronising" was exactly the phrase that sprang to mind when you first brought it up.

Firstly, I should say that I work as a Sales Director within Customer Services (my other half is a journalist, hence the previous post) so I questioned this person closely. I know what this issue is and can talk their language.

It's linked, Kitee but I will concur that it's not totally relevant so apologies for having a sort of "stand up row", if you like.

It's to do with integrity and appropriateness if you can call it that. Publishing emails and/or posting comment and opinion and concern and whatever else as "fact" without checking with the source of the problem. An issue with me but of course...just my opinon as the official nasty piece of work on this site. Apparently.

If only it was that simple! I guess you must be correct in your implicit assumption that the rest of us here don't "speak the language."

It's funny you should say that because "irrelevant and patronising" was exactly the phrase that sprang to mind when you first brought it up.

I work in the call centre industry. That's all I meant about the language/jargon thing.

I've complained on ST about items showing as Returned in my account history when they were either faulty or plainly just didn't work plus the ones that have gone missing, I find it incredulous they show as returned too.

I wonder if part of the problem is the staff logging the returns in the warehouse. They probably have to input a reason code when they're logging the items. Perhaps staff under pressure or temps who aren't well trained are hitting the first reason code in the list, rather than one that is correct. It seems grossly unfair that someone returning faulty goods is hassled further.

I wonder if part of the problem is the staff logging the returns in the warehouse. They probably have to input a reason code when they're logging the items. Perhaps staff under pressure or temps who aren't well trained are hitting the first reason code in the list, rather than one that is correct. It seems grossly unfair that someone returning faulty goods is hassled further.

Hi Gem, I've read on this site a couple of times that when customers have questionned QVC re: the returns they have been told that the return slips are not read! Seems a bit pointless having them then?

Hi Gem, I've read on this site a couple of times that when customers have questionned QVC re: the returns they have been told that the return slips are not read! Seems a bit pointless having them then?

Good grief!! In that case the whole premise of punishing people for a high rate of returns is invalidated. How can QVC knowingly chastise their customers for a high rate of returns when they are in the dark over whether it was their (QVC's) fault in the first place!?

Nope. None. Just think you were out of order and nobody said anything.

I can't for the life of me understand why you want to bring up the past and judge Graham for his actions years later :confused:

I could be wrong but in my experience people who remember the forum from that far back and are now posting under unfamiliar usernames (as yours is to me) usually have a somewhat chequered history... you may be completely on the level but my Spidey senses are tingling.

For what it's worth there are two sides to every story and if you are who you claim to be then you can have no real idea of what actually transpired so I suggest you leave the past where it belongs.

Whatever you think of Graham he's a good man and he genuinely supports and tries to help people on this forum. I notice your "brief history of ST" lesson failed to include mention of the Auction World saga. I think you will find a lot of people found help and support from Graham and this forum at that time when they felt like they were fighting on their own.

I think some of the presenters actively encourage customers to abuse the 30 day MBG,:devil: and this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

I was watching a luggage show that Catherine:devil: happened to be presenting, and she had the audacity to say, you can even take the luggage with you on holiday and return it when you get back, if you don’t like it, provided it is within the 30 day MBG. Very irresponsible IMO.

QVC need to be more honest about their 30 day MBG, as I did not realise how unscrupulous they were, till I discovered this site. I think they should make a distinction between faulty items and general returns.

QVC’s scornfulness is disgusting,:devil: particularly when you consider the fact, they don’t even collect their returns (unless they’re over a certain weight), and they are now asking for items to be returned using special delivery.

Thankfully I can source the few QVC products I like, from other more reputable retailers,and would urge you all to do the same.

I’ve never checked their T&Cs until today when I come across this site. It’s stated in clause 9.3 with regard to returns and cancellation although no percentage is stated or over what period. Just an unusually high amount and that they reserve the right to close an account if it were to continue.

Off topic:
I used to be a restaurant manageress and the most difficult customers tend to be those who know a particular person or associated with a particular job. When returning their food halfway through it’ll be “My boyfriend/partner is a chef and says that it should be cooked this way or that way..OR the mussels aren’t cleaned enough as there are still grit/sand”. It’s never the ‘chef’ that complains but the women. Just saying :p

I don't have any sort of chequered history at all. Absolutely none. I was an occasional poster a few years ago and then the site crashed and was out of action for some time and then I re-registered.

I can only re-iterate than I take as I find. None of us really know each other and we often judge on our take on a certain subject or maybe even an opinion which is not backed up by facts.

That was and still is my issue on this thead, however I'm bowing out now as I have no wish to cause trouble. Being called a "nasty piece of work" isn't OK, though, is it?

PS: I have absolutely no idea about the Auction World situation.

Last edited:
I think I'm both an equal and a customer at the same time, as we all are, but the % returns are apparently over a year and is by number of orders.

When you ring up CS and complain about a faulty item it's registered on your account, as, err, faulty.

Err...the Dr. Dolittle paragraph referring to me as "married to a journalist". Don't make remarks like this please they're irrelevant and patronising. I'm just giving an alternative view and asking for hard facts. Then we all know where we are. We all want good service.

Why do you think you have been given the correct info as opposed to us??

One of their customer service people told me YESTERDAY that their return rate is 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT as you have been told 70%.

When I have been told that and other posters have also been told the same why do you think you are correct because you have been told differently?

Finally if you had ever had to return an item as faulty and then checked on your QVC account you would see that it is registered as RETURNED not FAULTY. Or are we all wrong about that too?

I would imagine that the QVC management will have got wind of this debate now, they may curb their habit of sending out 50% letters or making phone calls, unless ofcourse the letters are automated. They may as I have said before call it all a marketing strategy initially but i agree with 'allthatglitters' this is a form of bullying and a good lawyer and a recorded phone call (with notification) could put QVC in a very tricky situation.
If QVC's main strategy of 30 dmbg isn't working for them then they need to come up with new strategies not penalise or isolate customers for simply doing what the presenters recommend constantly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back