Customer Reviews - what would we do without them?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
:mysmilie_348:

Since there is nowhere on QVC to express my appreciation I thought I'd post on here in praise of customer reviews.

All the info I wish they'd tell us onscreen is usually there in the reviews.

So thanks ever so much ladies (and gentlemen!) who post reviews on QVC you have saved me from some bad purchases and suggested some good ones. Even though I'm not currently buying anything from QVC I still read the reviews. (Before buying the item elsewhere sometimes!)

And anyone who's posted more than a couple of dozen reviews deserves a medal for services to consumers. (A lady whose reviews I was reading this morning had done 182!)

:mysmilie_687:

:mysmilie_348: L'Akin.

I think reviews are getting better and more to the point. I have never relied on them in the past, but increasingly pay attention to them. I was influenced to try treSonics and never regretted it.
I should start cracking with it...I would love another medal on my wall. :mysmilie_697:

:mysmilie_348: At first I had a teensy bit of a "I can make my own decisions thank you" attitude, reinforced by gushing or critical reviews with no relevant info - but some reviews are really useful now. I wish you could save favourite reviewers because there are some posters who have similar taste to me and some who seem to hate everything I like and vice versa and it would be nice to be able to check in with their latest reviews easily.

I feel guilty that I don't review enough. I feel as if it's too soon to review on the the morning that something arrives and by the time I've had it a few weeks I forget!

Even the not very useful reviews are useful in away though. I think "Hmmm you sound a bit like me" (or you don't! :D ) and they still influence my decision!

Perhaps QVC should offer a reviewing incentive? One Free postage voucher for every so many reviews (or every so many "helpful"clicks) would be nice!

I never click anything as unhelpful though - I feel mean! :eek:

I have made a few reviews lately and some quite bad ones.. There was one that they didnt even put on the website . On the flip side I have also revied some items which were brilliant and loved them. (I thinks I will be told off for sending stuff back )

Hazel

I have made a few reviews lately and some quite bad ones.. There was one that they didnt even put on the website . On the flip side I have also revied some items which were brilliant and loved them. (I thinks I will be told off for sending stuff back )

Hazel

Well the lady whose 182 reviews I read this morning seemed to be saying something like "this item had to be returned" almost every other review and she's still buying as far as I can see from her recent reviews so not to worry my lovely! :D

Customer reviews are so helpful, particularly when relevant information (eg. reviewers colouring/skin type/age) is included, as Love A'kin says above. My first port of call for reviews of beauty products is Makeup Alley, but when I wanted to read reviews of Alpha-H recently, I was very glad of the reviews on QVC as there are few on MUA and they take a while to find as Alpha-H is an unlisted brand on there.

I very much appreciate people taking the time to write reviews. I think the idea probably started on Amazon.

I agree - thumbs up for customer reviews. There must be times when qvc regret the move but there would be uproar if they pulled them. They are definitely helpful.

i read the reviews and sometimes i even wait until there is a review before buying. i trust us more than i trust them and QVC UK are a bit lax with pictures and videos. I just wish more people would take the time to write them in the first place

I post reviews fairly regularly - although not on every item I buy. If I have a criticism to make I try to be constructive with it. I see no point in complaining that I had to send something back simply because I didn't like it - that's my choice. If there is something wrong, or the on-air presentation didn't give me the right idea then I will mention that.
The last one I posted was about my new Emu Barossa boots which the web entry states are wool lined when they are actually sheepskin! I thought this was the case because I had seen them elsewhere but thought it useful to point out.

I always look at the reviews before buying things. I was nearly tempted by the steam mop thingy tsv the other day but had a look at the reviews first - they were very bad. Saved myself the hastle of buying and returning it.

I also always look at the reviews on big things like TV's etc on Amazon as they always have accurate reviews. Argos is also good for reviews of its products.

The only thing that annoys me is when reviewers give an item 1 star because the item never arrived or the company were at fault. This then brings the rating down when it is actually not about the particular product but the company concerned. And as we know they all can have delivery issues.

I always read the reviews, think they are generally useful and they do sway my buying. More power for the consumer is always a good thing.

I find reviews useful but in the case of Amazon sometimes inadvertently hilarious. I can't understand why people post "this is great/carp" type reviews and not a syllable more though but some reviews have been very helpful in directing me towards a suitable product.

I find reviews useful but in the case of Amazon sometimes inadvertently hilarious. I can't understand why people post "this is great/carp" type reviews and not a syllable more though but some reviews have been very helpful in directing me towards a suitable product.

Dat is cuz sum peeple is a bit fick innit?

Aren't you confused, though, when someone gives a product one star and then another five for the same product? And then there's a fifty fifty split between good and bad? However, in general the review system is really great and works well for me. Frustrating when you want something with a consistent five star rating which is continually out of stock!

I always write reviews - because I find them helpful myself :)

I reckon I'm up to about 150 + - well it goes into about 6 pages!!

I have had some, not put on the website and this does occassionally make me think how many other reviews are there slating the item,that are not showing :(

Just checked and I have done 91 reviews. All of mine (including the stinkers) have been posted and yes i do find other peoples' helpful too. I wish that qvc uk had a forum like qvc us as well.

You do have to be careful with some of the reviews though! I bough the HP Netbook they had before Christmas and it is great. A couple of customers have left vague reviews not even based on fact/netbook, I was surprised they put them up there. Such reviews will put people off, who may have ended up liking the netbook.

Last edited:
I would love to buy an Artscape top but when you check the reviews quite a lots say they go out of shape when washed if it was the odd one well you could make allowance, it's the same with Centigrade coats such mixed reviews have left me no buying one of those either.

piper

:

Perhaps QVC should offer a reviewing incentive? One Free postage voucher for every so many reviews (or every so many "helpful"clicks) would be nice!

:eek:

I like that idea, but would it work? Can't you just post a review without actually buying the product? If you can do that, then people could just make it all up.

Latest posts

Back