anyone remember "Coty" ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, Blue Grass was what my nannie wore. Me and my mum used to go shopping for a gift set of it for her every Christmas. Is it Estée Lauder or Elizabeth Arden? Can't remember, but they still sell it I think.

Another 'blast from the past' - 'Kiku' by Faberge

It came in bright yellow packaging - I used to love the round plastic talc tub, complete with tassel - though it the height of sophistication !!

Sister used to wear 'Rive Gauche' (Dior??). I used to wear Chanel's Coco but find it too heavy these days.

i love ysl "y" smells like the liz earle perfume but a lot cheaper oh those vintage scents...

Another 'blast from the past' - 'Kiku' by Faberge
It came in bright yellow packaging - I used to love the round plastic talc tub, complete with tassel - though it the height of sophistication !!

I remember it! You could buy it in a dispenser shaped like a pen, very chic.
It had a sister fragrance Xandu (purple packaging?) which I liked as well.

Rive Gauche is YSL, but a gorgeous rose aldehydic.

I prefered Tigress rather than Kiku( my SIL wore it).

My mum also wore Tweed( a different company makes it now and it doesn't smell the same).

better than those sweety shop fragarnces that are so loud and obnoxious god i sound old...

Someone in work was wearing a lovely perfume that smelt similar to Coty wild musk which I used to love,it was a little red bottle that had been in a set with others,it was called Paul Smith London.I tried to track some down in every shop I could find that sold perfume but found out it has been discontinued,isn't that just typical!

My mum, like lots of mums it would appear, used to wear L'Aimant and a posh one called summat like Midnight in Paris. I don't remember wearing anything before Paris although I must have done. I have always loved florals even though I've tried to like more spicy or trendy fragrances.

For me it's usually roses or violets that get my vote.

i love ysl "y" smells like the liz earle perfume but a lot cheaper oh those vintage scents...

I have the edp and parfum in Y. Gorgeous elegant feminine fragrance. No Liz Earle smells like one of the Dior's to me.

The Paul Smith red bottle, try the discount websites they will usually have it. The one around now is a green bottle.

Is this the one????

Never used this site so no idea how reliable they are?

.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/fragrances-for-her-paul-smith-london-50ml-spray-women-p-15580.html

Last edited:
I have the edp and parfum in Y. Gorgeous elegant feminine fragrance. No Liz Earle smells like one of the Dior's to me.

The Paul Smith red bottle, try the discount websites they will usually have it. The one around now is a green bottle.

Is this the one????

Never used this site so no idea how reliable they are?

.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/fragrances-for-her-paul-smith-london-50ml-spray-women-p-15580.html

smells like diorella anather fav but similar enough for me to buy it. christalle is anather one i think they are chypre scents thats why they remind me of liz earles. some people think they smell old fashioned and a bit musty but i enjoy wearing them. i like the liz earle just dont think its worth the money as some of the vintage chypres go for a song now

Always return to Clinique Aromatics Elixir, I love it and have never found anything quite like it. Did try the Liz Earle but used only once as too citrus for me..gave it to my mother who loves it as it is like her favourite O de Lancome...Remember in my teens, the pre-Clinique days, I used to wear Cachet...do they still make it I wonder?

Sorry no that would be Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens total sex in a bottle dirty amber.
The make Bottega Veneta edp which is the new release perfume of 2011. Fabulous chypre/leather.
Err.. In Boffy's opinion, its Obsession.. In yours its Ambre Sultan :bandit:

:hi:i smelt the jo malone and i preferred l'occitane a bit fresher tbh but that was years ago. i will try it again... thanks

They have reformulated Red Roses recently it seems.

I'm wearing Feminite du Bois parfum today.

Aromatics Elixir I wore the parfum then a friend started wearing the edt and I couldn't stand it anymore.

Samsara I liked then a workmate wore it day in day out and I began to hate the stuff. Escape another work mate drown herself in the stuff, it was vile.

Latest posts

Back