Burly Bear - Fame at last!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goodness how embarrassing

i do have to give JB major kudos for mentioning ST.com on air.

i think he knows i'm not a major fan of his but i'm not ALWAYS moaning.....

......am i? :sweat:

hello julian! x

He he on at last BB!! Indeed I thought it was great publicity and he was so funny about it. I got the impression he wanted an outlet like we all have. That was why he mentioned STC and the nonsense about having to quote two different product numbers for the same product just because they were different colours!!!

He he on at last BB!! Indeed I thought it was great publicity and he was so funny about it. I got the impression he wanted an outlet like we all have. That was why he mentioned STC and the nonsense about having to quote two different product numbers for the same product just because they were different colours!!!

its not the first time to be honest snowstorm.... last time he mentioned me on air it was after i REALLY slagged him off on here summat rotten. it was something to do with his interaction with guests if i remember rightly.
anyway as i said, i have major respect for him taking it in the spirit it was intended.

clearly a good bloke, but i DO NOT like his presentation style.

its not the first time to be honest snowstorm.... last time he mentioned me on air it was after i REALLY slagged him off on here summat rotten. it was something to do with his interaction with guests if i remember rightly.
anyway as i said, i have major respect for him taking it in the spirit it was intended.

clearly a good bloke, but i DO NOT like his presentation style.

Ah interesting did not know that he had mentioned you before. So as you say all respect for taking things in good spirit. I like his presentation style he comes across as humble and down to earth and tends to ask the sorts of questions I tend to think but dont say out loud! :sun:

In the early days of QVC ST.com was mentioned all the time - Webby(Graham) used to be invited to go to the studios and interview the presenters and do a studio tour to let us know what it was like - it was brilliant. Shame QVC now dont see the benefit ST.com and all its lovely forumites( some are QVC customers) could be to its business revenue - shame:down:

In the early days of QVC ST.com was mentioned all the time - Webby(Graham) used to be invited to go to the studios and interview the presenters and do a studio tour to let us know what it was like - it was brilliant. Shame QVC now dont see the benefit ST.com and all its lovely forumites( some are QVC customers) could be to its business revenue - shame:down:

Oh I never knew that! would have been great to watch those interviews and see behind the scenes, surely that could only have been to QVC's benefit?

Oh I never knew that! would have been great to watch those interviews and see behind the scenes, surely that could only have been to QVC's benefit?

What a wonderful insight and such a shame not to continue that practice.

I love Julian. Ever since the pink plastic flamingo he was trying to flog on one of the gardening shows.

Mr Ballantine sir, you are a legend!!:rock:

I just love Julian he asks questions about the products, he shows an interest in the products and isn't a brown noser to all the guests, which i hate, would love to see him with Kelly Hoppen or Tova!
(did anyone else hear on the news that KH was a "victim" of the phone hacking debacle? all i could think of was that news of the screws reporters will now know a lot of different words for beige- how boring!)

I enjoyed those, always nice to see behind the scenes. Anthony Heywood also did a web chat, years ago, on ST.com too. At least I think he did and I didn't imagine it!:blush:

Alison use to regularly mention AlanUK, a FM in beauty shows.

Yes I was going to mention Alan and Alison, when I heard her say his name it was a special moment. (so easily pleased LOL)

That Anthony Haywood web chat, I was there! it was brill. I mentioned to him a phrase he used on a toy monkey presentation "spanking the monkey" and I had to ask if it was a deliberate way of putting in a rude joke, of course it was, although he worded his reply to me very carefully.

We used to quite often get a mention from different presenters at one time.
I remember a long time ago Charlie Brook talking about a hanging Christmas ornament TSV and saying that there was a discussion on Shopping Telly of where people were planning on hanging theirs. Also, memorably, years and years ago I remember nearly falling off my chair laughing when I heard Julia say 'and to all you rotten lot on Shopping Telly, I really am wearing the small'!
A couple of presenters and guests were members here and used to post too didn't they. I particularly remember Catherine Huntley posting when she first joined QVC.

We used to quite often get a mention from different presenters at one time.
I remember a long time ago Charlie Brook talking about a hanging Christmas ornament TSV and saying that there was a discussion on Shopping Telly of where people were planning on hanging theirs. Also, memorably, years and years ago I remember nearly falling off my chair laughing when I heard Julia say 'and to all you rotten lot on Shopping Telly, I really am wearing the small'!
Really, that's fabulous, at least it shows they have some humour, I wish they'd show more of that side of their nature instead of the sell, sell, selll attitude they have now.

I think it would be nice for them to mention the site. After all it is full of all sorts of information that they could easily pick up and use in their sales pitches. Would make it feel more integrated with the 'public'

If they thought they could cope with the flack they'd have a forum on thier own website as they do in the States. 'Though I s'pose their Facebook presence is enough for them to deal with?

Jude xx

like how the presenters spy on us lol we have had one or two from other channels posting recently and they have a sense of humour which is lacking in some presenters it's good they can take our banter

Latest posts

Back