Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief I am really shocked by some of the anecdotes on here. And I have just been listening to LBC where the topic was those who spit at key workers. Say what now? Who the **** does that? We must just be a particularly docile group round here.

Loujareth, you should have stood as close as possible to those neighbours in the Clap, exchanged some platitudes about the NHS, then let her know your house if full of corvid and you hope it doesn't transmit to them because it is so dreadful! And thrown in a couple of fake coughs for good measure. Just to worry them. Acting out of concern of course, not aggression, lol.

Well, apart from all that, Happy Easter everyone! I plan to watch the NT streaming of Jane Eyre, which I have already seen and can recommend, and pretend I am at a matinee.

Wishing you all a safe and happy Easter 🌈🌷🌹🌻🥀🍫💖
The weather is beautiful, spring is springing... If you are able to enjoy your garden, or go out safely, have a lovely few days.
It's difficult to differentiate the days, I know, but if you can treat it as a holiday without making a mockery of the lockdown have fun.

Alter Ego, it's obvious that the current situation brings out the best and the worst in people. Some are not nice in normal circumstances, and they are now worse than before. I pity anyone like that, as the one person you can never escape from is yourself. The more kindness and generosity you show yourself and others, the nicer your world is. Live in your world and be glad you don't live in your neighbour's. And, to stir the pot a little - maybe give her a smile and a wave when she points over at you....It may irk her, it may make whoever she's bitching to take her words as a lie, or if may shame her (unlikely, I know!).
Lovely words 💐

One of life’s blessings is having good neighbours & it can make such a difference to your life.I have known people whose lives have been made pure misery and even ended up in Court.The knock on effect is if you want to sell up & move away if there has been any dispute it has to be declared.Where I am now I have to say I couldn’t be surrounded by nicer people( sorry hope I don’t sound smug to those who are experiencing problems) but I thank my good fortune every day. Being on my own we are in contact everyday usually by phone and several weeks ago they were so supportive when I had a bereavement. I couldn’t thank them enough.

My other neighbours are good, it's the ones joined to us (average 3 bed semi reasonable area) my wonderful best friend moved 5 doors down last year and she helps and has helped so much. The noise from the joined neighbours has always been my hatred, I've never said anything in 3 years, despite the racket as they are kids, I know they are kids but they just do not care one iota. I'm alright Jack comes to mind and this situation has made me want something done. No one in the street actually knows we all have covid, obviously we have been keeping a distance being quarenteened but I'm saddened that the usual caring ones haven't bothered asking, even on Facebook. I've asked after them. So much love for my friend, she is my rock.

Depending how you get it, its harder than you think covid, I can see why people are in hospital, I've been close several times. I am grateful I haven't ended up in hospital but the journey with it is so tough.

And back to stockpiling, I did buy some abc wipes and ecozone wipes from qvc at the beginning of all this. Did me some good didn't it. Lol

Loujareth I am so sorry that your family have been ill and on top of that are having problems with your neighbour. Probably best to say nothing to them as if they are the spiteful kind they could signal you out. Wait it out and when this is a distant memory get your revenge “come the glorious day”

My neighbours have a dog which cries constantly when they are out of the house, it goes on for up to 8 hours a day from the moment the last person leaves to the first comes home but is perfectly happy being in the garden as long as someone is in the house. When I worked full time it was only when I had a day off it was particularly annoying, now I’m semi retired it get a bit wearing and funnily enough it was exactly the same with their previous 2 dogs! However apart from that they are really good so I just grit my teeth and ignore it as much as possible.

Do these stupid people not see the news? Hear or read about the deaths? The Queen of Stupid (opposite neighbour) was shouting at her son as he was leaving (he doesn't live there, has no need to visit) that it'll all be over next week and we'll be back to normal but in the meantime have a nice time. WTAF? I really need to stop going into my kitchen. She's out there every time I put the kettle on/wash up/make food and she's really winding me up. I have a notice on my door asking people to leave stuff outside as I'm at risk. Every time she sees me in my kitchen she's standing in her front garden talking to people but then loudly says while pointing over at me that I'm a drama queen and it's no worse than normal flu.

When you see her from your kitchen, put on your brightest, cheeriest smile, and give her a friendly wave. I'll bet that would really piss her off. And you can have a good giggle to yourself. I expect your neighbours can see her behaviour for what it is: spiteful, childish, and very un-neighbourly.

Keep your chin up, and stay safe.

One of life’s blessings is having good neighbours & it can make such a difference to your life.I have known people whose lives have been made pure misery and even ended up in Court.The knock on effect is if you want to sell up & move away if there has been any dispute it has to be declared.Where I am now I have to say I couldn’t be surrounded by nicer people( sorry hope I don’t sound smug to those who are experiencing problems) but I thank my good fortune every day. Being on my own we are in contact everyday usually by phone and several weeks ago they were so supportive when I had a bereavement. I couldn’t thank them enough.

When we downsized four years ago we didn’t check out what the neighbours were like so went in blindsided, we live on the end corner and we ended up being so lucky, we live in a quite open space and our neighbours front, back and all around are lovely and it’s something we never take for granted, but I agree, neighbours can make or break your life sending you in to a fit of despair and depression if they’re a bunch of “bar stewards” Yes I really do feel sorry for people with neighbours from hell, hope people with noisy neighbours report them to the councils noise abatement because never forget you have rights, and the right to live your life in peace. ❤

Loujareth - I do hope you are all feeling a bit better now. No-one I know, so far, has caught it, but I do realise that will change at some point.

My mum's neighbours are lovely, they look out for her as they know she has Alzheimer's and I know I can always ring them if I am worried about her not answering the phone. I just wish my neighbours were the same.

When the ones who live next door to us arrived, I went around and introduced myself. They seemed fine. Sent a Christmas card - did not get one back. I know their names but I doubt very much that they bothered to remember ours. He loves DIY and every year out come all the power tools and noise. It is hard ignoring it, but I try hard to do so, as apart from that they are not noisy, unlike the ones who live next to them, and having lived many years next to a neighbour we called Godzilla no-one has ever come close to how awful she was. We ended up moving because of her as we could just not take anymore of her antics. She was truly vile.

Anyway I wish you and everyone on here a good as you can make it Easter, and hope we all keep safe and well.

I have OK neighbours now, but when I moved in we had "Mrs Bucket" next door.

My first experience of meeting her was when I was putting up a clothes line. Her only window which could see it was the bathroom, and it was frosted, so she couldn't see it anyway.

But the window opened, she stuck her head out, and said that the previous occupants had a rotary line and it was around the back of my house, so she couldn't see it! In other words, I should do the same.

And it just got worse from then on. It was a red letter day when she moved away after about 10 years, and apparently she has now died. Her husband was OK but completely under her thumb, just like Mrs Bucket's husband. Apparently he also died after they moved away, and before her.

Thank you for your support, everyone. I love it here as everyone is so sensible and sensitive (in a good way). Or just docile as Mazza describes us :) . I also love the odd hilarious post inserted by our resident crown-loving comedian, Strato.

Uplifting and feel good - exactly what I needed after another sneer and point from the Queen of Stupid as I picked up my post. She was out talking to a bloke, no idea who he was, on a motorbike in shorts and a t-shirt. As an ex-biker I know that anyone riding a bike in a lack of kit is a total idiot anyway. He's begging for a hospital visit from road-rash at even a low-speed fall. I satisfy myself that in their case birds of a feather do indeed flock together.

Also cheering is finding out today that my friend in London has recovered from a nasty virus and after being antibody tested as positive for Covid-19 I'm happy that I no longer have to worry about her.

Wishing you all a safe and peaceful Easter - and if, like me, you stockpile Easter eggs try not to eat them all at once.

Out of curiosity does anyone here eat a lot of Easter eggs? And why? I'm not a big chocolate fan but I'm addicted to that "snap" of the chocolate shell. I physically can't bite into most bars of chocolate (yes, I do still have my own teeth :LOL: ) and find a bar of Dairy Milk impossible so that thin Easter eggshell is perfect for me. I buy half a dozen and save them to eat throughout the year. If you don't buy the ones like Kit Kat or Crunchie the included bars are fine even past their date.

There is absolutely no way of knowing what your neighbours are going to be like, yes you can visit the prospective house several times but if it doesn’t coincide with party time you think It’s ok. Then that working couple who you never see get a squad of kids from hell and it all changes. People move so the nice neighbours are replaced by god knows what. Yes you can report people but then they make your life a living hell. Never works if you are the lone voice in the wilderness and it’s very difficult to get people to put their name to a joint complaint.

One neighbour planted leylandi and it ended up growing 15feet INTO next door and about 50ft high. It was so bad his wife refused to live in the house so he kept 2 houses going (don’t think she ever wanted to live there) . It took many years but finally he got a court order and they were removed just before lockdown. I know the company who did the removal and know they do a really good job but cost an absolute fortune so it was an expensive business.

Cartoon Sound of Music 92276778_276478338.jpg

When you see her from your kitchen, put on your brightest, cheeriest smile, and give her a friendly wave. I'll bet that would really piss her off. And you can have a good giggle to yourself. I expect your neighbours can see her behaviour for what it is: spiteful, childish, and very un-neighbourly.

Keep your chin up, and stay safe.

alter ego said:
Do these stupid people not see the news? Hear or read about the deaths? The Queen of Stupid (opposite neighbour) was shouting at her son as he was leaving (he doesn't live there, has no need to visit) that it'll all be over next week and we'll be back to normal but in the meantime have a nice time. WTAF? I really need to stop going into my kitchen. She's out there every time I put the kettle on/wash up/make food and she's really winding me up. I have a notice on my door asking people to leave stuff outside as I'm at risk. Every time she sees me in my kitchen she's standing in her front garden talking to people but then loudly says while pointing over at me that I'm a drama queen and it's no worse than normal flu.

We have new neighbours who moved in just a few weeks ago. On their first night here I had to knock on their door at 2am because the guy living there was laying a laminate floor and at 2am all we could hear was bang bang bang. Not a good start and as I marched around there in my jammies, dressing gown and slippers I told them in no uncertain terms that my husband is up at 5am for work and asked what the hell they were playing at. I also said there was no way I wanted to fall out with them but would always tell them face to face if they pissed me off and for them to do the same if we ever pissed them off. No festering resentment and no fear of being honest with each other right from the start.
Anyway the day afterwards the young lass couldn`t stop apologising for her partner`s antics but what surprised me most of all is they have 3 children and god knows how they managed to sleep through the floor laying racket.
Since then her 2 school age children have been home due to the lockdown and heavens above that lass doesn`t half bawl and shout at them but thankfully not at night, her third child is just a few months old and he must have learned from birth how to sleep through his Mother`s shouting because we never hear him cry.
Yesterday the bass from her music system was vibrating through the wall we have our sofa against so once again I went round and asked her to turn it down. She did straight away and once again today she was full of apologies.
I`m not an ogre and will help anybody, in fact I helped the lass just a few days ago when she`d run out of a few basics and couldn`t get to the shops without taking all 3 kids with her until her partner arrived home from work but my husband has lived in this house for 40 years and i`ve lived here since we married 9 years ago and as he`s almost 70 and I`m in my late 60`s I`ll be blowed if the new kids on the block will make my life hell.

We have new neighbours who moved in just a few weeks ago. On their first night here I had to knock on their door at 2am because the guy living there was laying a laminate floor and at 2am all we could hear was bang bang bang. Not a good start and as I marched around there in my jammies, dressing gown and slippers I told them in no uncertain terms that my husband is up at 5am for work and asked what the hell they were playing at. I also said there was no way I wanted to fall out with them but would always tell them face to face if they pissed me off and for them to do the same if we ever pissed them off. No festering resentment and no fear of being honest with each other right from the start.
Anyway the day afterwards the young lass couldn`t stop apologising for her partner`s antics but what surprised me most of all is they have 3 children and god knows how they managed to sleep through the floor laying racket.
Since then her 2 school age children have been home due to the lockdown and heavens above that lass doesn`t half bawl and shout at them but thankfully not at night, her third child is just a few months old and he must have learned from birth how to sleep through his Mother`s shouting because we never hear him cry.
Yesterday the bass from her music system was vibrating through the wall we have our sofa against so once again I went round and asked her to turn it down. She did straight away and once again today she was full of apologies.
I`m not an ogre and will help anybody, in fact I helped the lass just a few days ago when she`d run out of a few basics and couldn`t get to the shops without taking all 3 kids with her until her partner arrived home from work but my husband has lived in this house for 40 years and i`ve lived here since we married 9 years ago and as he`s almost 70 and I`m in my late 60`s I`ll be blowed if the new kids on the block will make my life hell.
Well done on confronting them. Some people are so inconsiderate it beggars belief. It is fairly quiet here at the moment, but next door has been out with his power tools and I think he has gone in for lunch. Can hear someone's music in the next road but not too near thank goodness.
I often think I am out of sync with the world as I just long for peace and quiet. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpier. I can actually hear the birds really well at the moment. Spoke too soon the music is back on. Sigh.

The neighbours at my back are really normal, keep their house and garden in great order never have any problems just a wave when they pass in the car and once or twice he has been over to ask if a workman could have access at the boundary fence.

However today we both were out in the garden when her phone rings, obviously her adult living away from home child who was asking if she needed anything, no was the reply but perhaps a tub of Philadelphia? So obviously not shopping for a vulnerable (sunbathing) person. About half an hour later I could hear at least 2 other adults and several young children out in the garden with them after delivering said cream cheese! Was surprised and disgusted as I didn’t expect them to be like this just goes to show don’t judge a book by its cover

We had a car parked outside from yesterday afternoon until mid morning today. I was cutting the lawn when a woman arrived, I didn't recognise her or her car, & I said that it was obvious that she hadn't broken down so I assumed she'd stayed overnight & that wasn't following social distancing requirements. She glared at me, gave me the finger & then drove up the road stopping a few houses away; we know the people who live there, both their cars were on the drive so I was right & she was just rude.

Latest posts

Back