Tiff's face on Tarte show at 9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unfortunately my name combined with my married name is the same as a very popular film and soundtrack so I get it sung to me as if it is most original thought! It also is the name of a celebrity harridan with a sort of catchphrase and again some people think they are so clever and original by trotting it out .

BTW Merryone I really like Romily and wouldn’t have minded it at all!

My aunt thought I should be named Sarah Mabel after both grandmothers. My mother was horrified, saying no child of hers would be given servants' names. Actually, I prefer those names to the one she eventually chose which I've never liked and always felt cheated because I haven't got a second name. I fancied myself as a Jean.

My mother gave each of us 3 (yes 3] names.

My older sister was first born and dad when to register birth. Got one name wrong, one right and left one out altogether, the lost one was to be her given name and to this day it’s still used but causes problems when official identification is required as it doesn’t officially exist.

My aunt thought I should be named Sarah Mabel after both grandmothers. My mother was horrified, saying no child of hers would be given servants' names. Actually, I prefer those names to the one she eventually chose which I've never liked and always felt cheated because I haven't got a second name. I fancied myself as a Jean.
Sarah Mabel is really pretty & sounds like a character in children's literature. I love Katie Morag, the name, the books & the TV series.

I always wanted to be Sharon, there were quite a few Sharons in my school all pretty and popular. Sorry to all the Sharons but I am glad I didn't get called that. My big brother wanted to call me Louise, my Mum kept a letter he wrote to her in hospital having me when he was 11. My Mum etc thought I would be a boy and I was going to be David. A side note my Mum was always known as LaLa! People all over Belfast referred to her as LaLa even when she was in her 50s, she passed at 60.

My aunt told me when I was around 10 that the doctor in the hospital named me Donna. Then the horror of 10CC and their record Donna when I was as school, every time I walked into class they all started singing it to me. I f*cking hated it!

My middle name was supposed to be for my granny strangely she was called Stella and born in 1900 and my Mum was also Stella. I always thought it a strange name for 1900? Anyway one of her middle names is Janet but for some unknown reason when I was christened and registered it turned into Jeanette.
Stella is a lovely name, fancy being named Star. Back in the 80s I worked for the Dept of Employment & five of my staff were Sharon, Marian, Barry, Darren & Gareth so we had Shazza, Mazza, Bazza, Dazza & Gazza ALL in one room!

I always wanted to be Sharon, there were quite a few Sharons in my school all pretty and popular. Sorry to all the Sharons but I am glad I didn't get called that. My big brother wanted to call me Louise, my Mum kept a letter he wrote to her in hospital having me when he was 11.
My sister is Sharon Louise. No prizes for guessing what our lovely mum called me (I was first in fact). Personally I think my mum was on drugs - it was the 60's after all.

I knew a girl called Merry Johnson who married Stephen Christmas. Honestly.

CC

My sister is Sharon Louise. No prizes for guessing what our lovely mum called me (I was first in fact). Personally I think my mum was on drugs - it was the 60's after all.

CC
I've not got a clue...but there's no prizes..so I shall guess either that you're actually called Candy or that you're Louise Sharon!!!

I’ve just been reading about Jayne Mansfield who named 2 of her children Zolton and Mariska and that would have been late 50’s early 60’s so celeb names are not new unless those names were as common as muck then or part of their father’s heritage.

CC
I will guess Tracey from the way you put that? Nothing wrong with Tracey, of course - a lovely friend of mine at university was called Tracey.

Actually, maybe merryone is right?

I will guess Tracey from the way you put that? Nothing wrong with Tracey, of course - a lovely friend of mine at university was called Tracey.

Actually, maybe merryone is right?
No, I think you're right cause they always say "Sharon and Tracey", as opposed to Tracey and Sharon. I actually like the name Tracey or Tracy..however it's spelled. I had a mate called Sharon and she absolutely HATED it after the Sharon and Tracey jokes started emerging. I actually hate the way this sort of things happen...like the current connotations given to the name Karen.

C'mon CC or Tracey..put us out of our misery! If you are a Tracey or Tracy..it was the name to have in my shitty school...All the Traceys were in the popular kids bracket!

I’ve just been reading about Jayne Mansfield who named 2 of her children Zolton and Mariska and that would have been late 50’s early 60’s so celeb names are not new unless those names were as common as muck then or part of their father’s heritage.
The kids names are perfectly normal for Hungary, just exotic for Anglophone countries at that time.

Donald Sutherland named his 4 sons for film directors he worked with... a bit more unusual in the greater scheme of things.

I was supposed to be a boy, as my parents had only thought of boys names. So I was 2 weeks old before they named me. Clearly gave it a lot of thought because Dad had took himself off to the pictures and saw a film with Linda Darnell in it, and decided that was good enough. Linda, then Mary after my Mum. 1948 was not noted for parents with imagination :rolleyes:

My mum was sure I was a boy, and I was lined up to be David in that case...like you, no names for girls lined up. Mum gave me her fave tennis player's first name, and my gran's best friend's first name. Both entirely conventional choices.

Unfortunately my name combined with my married name is the same as a very popular film and soundtrack so I get it sung to me as if it is most original thought! It also is the name of a celebrity harridan with a sort of catchphrase and again some people think they are so clever and original by trotting it out .

BTW Merryone I really like Romily and wouldn’t have minded it at all!
Ooh, I'm enjoying these challenges. From your first clue I was wondering if your name is Mary Poppins! I'm wondering from the second clue if you are Kim Woodburn but I can't think of a catchphrase ;)

Latest posts

Back