Toners.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
I see that Caroline Hirons has just bought out an exfoliating toner which I think is a bit pricey £49 for 150ml, anyway has anyone used the Gatineau glow one on offer now with Q or the Elemis fruit vinegar.

I see that Caroline Hirons has just bought out an exfoliating toner which I think is a bit pricey £49 for 150ml, anyway has anyone used the Gatineau glow one on offer now with Q or the Elemis fruit vinegar.
£49.00 for 150ml???? Jeez, that's just ridiculous. I'd rather just rub some sandpaper over my face than pay that. Ha ha ha

The word glow is a no no for me in skin care. Yes, I will glow but bright red, not good.

Now, I do use Paula's Choice BHA liquid, but only around my nose and down to my chin evening only. I had a little congestion and it sorted it out.

Last edited:
I am using the Gatineau Glow toner now, I won't be buying it again. It's not bad it just isn't anything special at all and I certainly haven't seen a glow! I use Elemis cleansing balm (although I have just started the M&S Pure Rose Balm) and I just don't feel it is even taking any excess off that is left around my hairline, which other toners do. In fact I feel it leaves a film on my face which I dry off with a towel, whereas other toners just evaporate on my skin. I got it on special offer through an email from Gatineau before Christmas. I will go back to either a Pixi or Elemis toner depending what offers are available.

One is £45 and one is £49, going to compare price per ml later as think quite a few are smaller than 150ml.

I am using the Gatineau Glow toner now, I won't be buying it again. It's not bad it just isn't anything special at all and I certainly haven't seen a glow! I use Elemis cleansing balm (although I have just started the M&S Pure Rose Balm) and I just don't feel it is even taking any excess off that is left around my hairline, which other toners do. In fact I feel it leaves a film on my face which I dry off with a towel, whereas other toners just evaporate on my skin. I got it on special offer through an email from Gatineau before Christmas. I will go back to either a Pixi or Elemis toner depending what offers are available.
I have a small sample of this and also felt it left a film on my face, I know Toners aren’t necessary but I do like a good exfoliating one, I decanted the Judith Williams rose one into a spray bottle and use it between skin care or after makeup.

I’ve been using the Gatineau one right now and I really like it. I’ve gone for the 500ml one on offer. I have the Elemis fruit vinegar but haven’t used it yet as I’m using the Gatineau first. I could not justify £49 for just 150ml I think I’ve paid £39 plus p and p for 500 ml of Gatineau.

I'm currently finishing off Elemis apricot toner, nice and gentle. Next one is Aldis rose toner with hylaronic acid, bargain and my skin likes it. Couldn't justify £49 under any circumstances!

I've been using the Elemis Ginseng Toner for well over 10 years. I don't think I've ever bought one direct from Q or any retailer. I either get it in a TSV, or look for it on eBay if there's been a TSV I haven't been interested in. I'm certainly interested in trying the Aldi one.

I think the last toner I used was probably Clearasil as a teenager.
Haven't used once since.
Oh the memories! I used that and progressed to Ten o Six, which was much like surgical spirit with a drop of colouring in it. Fortunately, I only had breakouts for a year.

I've been using the LE glow toner and I like it. I've also got the Algenist one and that's reasonable as well but I prefer the LE one.

CC

Latest posts

Back