Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did they run out of ink for the Jaipur boxes?

Probably worn off in transit, long way from the back street of India.

This is their state of the art fragrance laboratory where their skilled workforce concoct those incredible aromas.

Jaipur.JPG

If you like the style and have the wrist for it they are okay. Are they worth the money, certainly not worth the RRP, as i said in another post the RRPs are stupid, there is nothing about the watch that screams this is a £1300 watch, there is nothing special about the case/bracelet, movement will just be a basic NH35 probably from TMI in Hong Kong, if you're into Lunar Rock it may appeal but it's more of a gimmick for me, NASA licensing, quite a few brands have that already so nothing special in that, me personally I wouldn't be paying £599 for one either.
In terms of overall aesthetic, they scream Invictus to me. And they usually retail around £100-£150.

Thank you, but i feel i should point out that for me Ronzy75 & Professor Branestawn are more knowledeable than me, heck i'm jealous of the Professor's talents of not only (pinching Peter's catchphrase there) his knowledge but being able to repair watches, especially the movements.
Yes. Two other excellent watch people.

Thank you, but i feel i should point out that for me Ronzy75 & Professor Branestawn are more knowledeable than me, heck i'm jealous of the Professor's talents of not only (pinching Peter's catchphrase there) his knowledge but being able to repair watches, especially the movements.
Awww. Thank you.
I have to say, though, your knowledge is fantastic. Sometimes you’ve named not just the base but the variant, when I would certainly have had to look it up.
But there’s not so much money in it (the repairing, I mean). It just about keeps me going - it’s just the satisfaction of seeing someone’s (genuine) heirloom lasting another generation. I knew it was what I wanted to do, the first time I wound a mainspring into a barrel.

Last edited:
Just wanted to add my own thanks. This morning we were all feeling that we are all demics.
Well for demics we have a lot of knowledge, experience, kindness and compassion between us. I wouldn’t want any of you to not be here, on this forum, sharing the laughter.

Here’s to many more years of random musings!

PS I meant Invicta, not Invictus!

Last edited:
I find her completely insincere and up herself. Unwatchable for other than a few seconds at best.
Lindsey's selling a Versus Versace watch, it "screams designer". She said when I wear a designer watch I want everybody to know it, I want to show it off. I bet you do. Going on about their cheap prices (it was £124.99). I looked on Amazon, they didn't the the exact model, there were fairly similar ones and they varied from around £90 and £145.

This particular watch won't be back apparently. And Ethel's got hers.

Telly off, back to work now. I'll be back when I have a tea break.

Lindsey's selling a Versus Versace watch, it "screams designer". She said when I wear a designer watch I want everybody to know it, I want to show it off. I bet you do. Going on about their cheap prices (it was £124.99). I looked on Amazon, they didn't the the exact model, there were fairly similar ones and they varied from around £90 and £145.

This particular watch won't be back apparently. And Ethel's got hers.

Telly off, back to work now. I'll be back when I have a tea break.
The gold one was available at Asos for £55. The watch is currently out of stock as it is likely a discontinued one.

Latest posts

Back