Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was thinking buy all six and it will be a case of shake me i rattle but then realised they are gummy’s not tablets.
Now envisioning taking all six and having glue tummy and needing to keep a supply of senna in hand just in case.

It is called cold laser light or photobio modulation. Unlike full laser which is heated and cuts/quarterises the skin, this is a low cold light that doesn't cause any damage to the skin, it is like a strong version of near infra red, and stimulates the hair follicles, to grow thicker, stronger hairs. It does actually work and is used by trichologists for balding, people who have hair loss due to thyroid issues, alopecia, people having or undergoing chemotherapy, used alongside cold caps/hats that slows down or can stop hair falling out due to the toxicity of the Chemo drugs. Hope that helps.
Thank you, I obviously didn’t know that. Mea culpa

Watching Natalia just now and I noticed how she never holds her head straight. It’s always tilted to her right side so that her ‘hair’ can visibly cascade. She never stops fiddling with it either.She said that the new cap thingy is like a low powered laser which is a spurious claim. It’s light.
Well, strictly speaking, laser *is* a form of light. Just very tightly focused, single wavelength, light.

I didn't see the product or demo, so unless she's claiming this cap thingy uses low-power single wavelength light photon emissions, then it can't be described as 'like' any type of laser.

Just in the way a lightbulb or led cannot be described as 'like' a low-power laser either!

[A laser is a coherent and focused beam of photons; coherent, in this context, means that it is all one wavelength, unlike ordinary light which showers on us in many wavelengths. The acronym laser stands for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation." Lasers work as a result of resonant effects.]

It is called cold laser light or photobio modulation. Unlike full laser which is heated and cuts/quarterises the skin, this is a low cold light that doesn't cause any damage to the skin, it is like a strong version of near infra red, and stimulates the hair follicles, to grow thicker, stronger hairs. It does actually work and is used by trichologists for balding, people who have hair loss due to thyroid issues, alopecia, people having or undergoing chemotherapy, used alongside cold caps/hats that slows down or can stop hair falling out due to the toxicity of the Chemo drugs. Hope that helps.
Thanks for that clarification. If the device is generating one or more specific, selected, single wavelength light emissions, then it can be classed as a laser and is cold as low power and non-harmful wavelengths.

Well, strictly speaking, laser *is* a form of light. Just very tightly focused, single wavelength, light.

I didn't see the product or demo, so unless she's claiming this cap thingy uses low-power single wavelength light photon emissions, then it can't be described as 'like' any type of laser.

Just in the way a lightbulb or led cannot be described as 'like' a low-power laser either!

[A laser is a coherent and focused beam of photons; coherent, in this context, means that it is all one wavelength, unlike ordinary light which showers on us in many wavelengths. The acronym laser stands for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation." Lasers work as a result of resonant effects.]
And from other replies and this article, it is a device that does use selected wavelengths, so can be described as a cold (low power/non-harmful wavelength(s)) laser therapy.

Thanks for that clarification. If the device is generating one or more specific, selected, single wavelength light emissions, then it can be classed as a laser and is cold as low power and non-harmful wavelengths.

It is a mix of Red Light, Near Infra Red and Cold light therapy. The Opatra Lumicap is FDA approved and licensed as a medical device, as are most of their devices, hence the price tag!! I was very, very sceptical at first, but took the plunge with this, as I have Eczema on my scalp, which makes my skin very flaky, itchy etc. Prior to using this device my hair was very thin, never grew and u could see my scalp, all through the front and sides of my head. After using this for a couple of months, new hair started growing, it was thicker and my scalp could no longer be seen. It cleared the Eczema and now keeps it under control. My hair, which was always short, now is half way down my back, and in such good condition, and needs to be cut regularly, which I never needed to before. I wouldn't have paid £899 for it, and think that price is over priced, but £180 has definitely been a good price to pay, considering the results I have achieved. It has been a fascinating experience and experiment, watching the transformation.

And they can cut thick steel in half!!

Latest posts

Back