Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know if anyone knows the answer. But my understanding is that when you're online shopping and put something in your basket, it holds the item for you for at least a couple of minutes. The way Ideal World imply it, someone could snatch it out of your basket
My understanding is that putting it in your basket does nothing to affect inventory or stock allocation, beyond being a metric that X amount of people have an item in their basket.

It's only on checkout and paying for the item that the software first checks there is sufficient stock, and on completion of payment process, deducts the item from the stock inventory count.

I say this because on the odd occasion when I have gone to checkout my basket, it is at that point the system checked there was sufficient stock to fulfil the order, and rejected the order saying item no longer available, even though I was aware of multiple items in other baskets.

Basically the basket is a queue of potential purchasers, allocated up to stock limits, but only on checkout does it confirm actual availability and deduct from stock count if the purchase completes.

I'm not sure it even prevents more people putting items in their baskets than items available.

It's like the phone queue, there can be 20 people on the phones but only say 10 items in stock. They can all be in the queue, but it's basically first come first served availability on checkout.

Yeah that's a good point. I have gas heating but not a gas oven. I'm still learning with my own air fryer. I find it fun as I'm trying to make healthier meals
It's an interesting calculation or balance, because cooking something in a conventional gas oven usually will take maybe 3 times longer, say, but cost a third of the energy rate, so equates to similar as an electric air fryer that takes a third of the time but costs 3 times the energy.

Add to that batch cooking or multiple items, utilising residual heat for drying or warming the kitchen/nearby rooms and it isn't as straightforward a comparison as it seems.

It's the sort of thing MoneySavingExpert and other sites go to great lengths to compare, contrast and analyse!

So my rule of thumb is slow dishes, casseroles, stews in conventional gas oven, possibly 12 mins pizzas, other items in the air fryer if short sharp high temp fries or bakes!

I've done meatballs, sausages, pizzas and other non-battered/non-breadcrumbs and non-oiled all in the air fryer oven, with no added oil at all.
And that's before all the usual oven chips, nuggets and other pre-oiled or added small amounts of oil to ovenairfry home made roasties, chips, etc. Pies/pasties/pastry items sausage rolls come out well too. And chicken, meats, veggies, etc.
Pretty much everything except watery items like eggs, tomatoes.

If they have to provide or pay for the food to demo, and not IW or the equipment manufacturer to claim it back from, then surely they will claim it back as a reclaimable business expense. It's not an out of pocket situation, surely.
Joe is a self-employed individual. The cost of the ingredients and produce used in his presentations will either be part of the overall chef fee or charged separately. The client (IW3) will be responsible for the cost of groceries. How IW3 pays for groceries, whether upfront or as part of the final fee, will determine whether Joe is out of pocket temporarily.

I don't know if anyone knows the answer. But my understanding is that when you're online shopping and put something in your basket, it holds the item for you for at least a couple of minutes. The way Ideal World imply it, someone could snatch it out of your basket
In my torch supplier's website, people can definitely snatch items out of your basket, even if you have only just put it there.

They have various limited-time special offers, and everyone knows it is "fastest finger first" and that includes paying for it. I have been in the middle of the paying process when the item disappears.

Watching Natalia just now and I noticed how she never holds her head straight. It’s always tilted to her right side so that her ‘hair’ can visibly cascade. She never stops fiddling with it either.
For all the devices she flogs, and tells us they do great things for our skin., her own skin doesn't look that good to me when the camera gets a little too close around her cheek area at times.

I wish the Director and Producer in the gallery would turn up the guests mic, can hardly hear the poor lady. Jeremy is very hyper this morning........too much coffee perhaps?
All part of his sales speil and keeping his basic acting skills upto date. Even does it when selling the most crappiest of tat items.

Watching Natalia just now and I noticed how she never holds her head straight. It’s always tilted to her right side so that her ‘hair’ can visibly cascade. She never stops fiddling with it either.She said that the new cap thingy is like a low powered laser which is a spurious claim. It’s light.
It is called cold laser light or photobio modulation. Unlike full laser which is heated and cuts/quarterises the skin, this is a low cold light that doesn't cause any damage to the skin, it is like a strong version of near infra red, and stimulates the hair follicles, to grow thicker, stronger hairs. It does actually work and is used by trichologists for balding, people who have hair loss due to thyroid issues, alopecia, people having or undergoing chemotherapy, used alongside cold caps/hats that slows down or can stop hair falling out due to the toxicity of the Chemo drugs. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I notice a lot of the time when they have a guest on to show what an item does the poor guest can hardly get a word in edge ways. Totally defeating the purpose of having a guest on.

Be good to hear what the guest is saying and less of the presenter just talking the usual nonsense.

I notice a lot of the time when they have a guest on to show what an item does the poor guest can hardly get a word in edge ways. Totally defeating the purpose of having a guest on.

Be good to hear what the guest is saying and less of the presenter just talking the usual nonsense.
They haven't turned her mic up enough. And Jezza is showing off because he is working alongside an attractive younger woman.

I am still not sure about this. I got caught out buying blue magic from IW2, because you could use just one bottle to clean most things. I didn't find it that good, and was still using other cleaning products.
I remember trying that, I think it was one of the last things I bought from IW2..........never again!! Do U get the bottles in this package, or is it just the sachets? I like the experiment with the loo cleaner, I had hysterics watching that overflow!! 😆😆

I remember trying that, I think it was one of the last things I bought from IW2..........never again!! Do U get the bottles in this package, or is it just the sachets? I like the experiment with the loo cleaner, I had hysterics watching that overflow!! 😆😆
I got 2 bottles, a 1 litre and 500ml. A measuring cup and 2 spray bottles.

I agree completely, hopefully with the new studio set up, they will have better mic packs and equipment!! I keep sending a message in to the gallery asking them to turn the guest mic up and to turn Jeremy down......or off!!!

If I was to try them cleaning products. I would go on their website and buy a few sachets to try.

Latest posts

Back