Y.B.F. Beauty by Stacey - TSV - 30/08/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every beauty product or range on qvc has a 'unique selling point.' This might be a certain ingredient or a lack of certain ingredients. When qvc does not mention the paraben content of a certain product, it is merely because they are focusing on that products' 'unique selling point.' They are therefore not technically misleading the viewer.

I think the only pure/chemical free ranges QVC sells are Living Nature and possibly A'kin. I know LN (which they launched on Saturday) is very pure but boy does it stink! I tried it years ago (before they repackaged it and whacked the price up!) and the moisturiser and cleanser smelt vomity to me. Not a nice smell to have under your nose all day ... but maybe they have changed it now. Can't say I got good results from it though and I think it's over priced these days in comparison to what they used to charge.

I do like A'kin however :D

There's also Jurlique. You're so right about Living Nature: I used it a while back and it stinks - my OH used to comment on it - it's the manuka honey, I think - you know how honey can sometimes have a sort of stink to it... ? well, I think that's what it must be anyway!

People do come up with a lot of rubbish about parabens/chemicals etc in skincare - I think this article by LE shows her characteristic common sense. After all, as she has pointed out before, even water is a chemical.

Liz Earle won't bend on this issue and I think she does have a common sense about her defense of preservatives. But when she touts the naturalness of her products and is proud of not using petrochemicals, only using non-chemical sunscreens, and not using sodium lauryl sulfate - it just seems a shame to me that she can't go that one step further and make airtight packaging on the products and ditching the preservatives altogether. Come on Liz!

There's also Jurlique. You're so right about Living Nature: I used it a while back and it stinks - my OH used to comment on it - it's the manuka honey, I think - you know how honey can sometimes have a sort of stink to it... ? well, I think that's what it must be anyway!

Whatever the ingredient - it sure does stink. I was tempted to buy some of this and happened to see it in a dept store. Glad I tried the tester - it smells like old sweaty feet! :eek:

The YBF logo looked a dead ringer for the YSL logo on some of the products............hope the lawyers weren't watching! :eek:

I thought that every time I saw it. There could be trouble ahead because the big companies are very proactive in suing over anything that appears to follow their products or packaging. The metallic pink was very pretty I thought. Didn't AY go on even Stacey didn't seem to get to say very much although she seemed a bit unsure of a few things. My favourite moment was when neither of them could read the packaging and had to wait for unseen staff to help them out with a product's details.

Im Confused here ?

YBF day showed no products and now its all YBF stuff with Clothing and Make up on the site ?

Same with Markon a while back when the TSV was cancelled ??????

Im Confused here ?

YBF day showed no products and now its all YBF stuff with Clothing and Make up on the site ?

Same with Markon a while back when the TSV was cancelled ??????

There were 3 hours of YBF make-up on - hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back