Warning - Big Disappointment on Rainbow Sapphire Bracelet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just come to this post late as usual! Jacqualina I'm sorry to hear about your bracelet and the subsequent rubbish CA by Gems TV. I read with interest about the other bracelet with the same gold weight and carat weight. I wonder if they won't replace yours with one of these because yours perhaps went for a cheaper price than what they would have liked? If they give you your money back and have the bracelet returned then they could have it repaired and sell it again at the higher price couldn't they?

Oh dear I'm getting so cynical!!

Thinking about it i would be very surprised if outwork have said they wouldn't fix it, sounds to me like gems don't want to foot the bill!
I know you are returning it but i would just email outwork send them the link/code of the bracelet tell them where it is broken and see what they say (just to check gems have contacted them if anything).

I have only ever bought 1 item from Gems, well my husband did, he bought me one of their 'Hot Pink' sapphire rings for christmas a few years back. When it arrived my husband let me have a look, to make sure it fit. OMG I have never seen such utter rubbish for £500. The stone had loads of inclusions and to make matters worse the gold shank was so thin one small tap and it would have bent. Needless to say it went straight back for a full refund. I would never buy from gems again as I feel their jewellery is not very good quality,

An update to my RS bracelet saga.
Last Friday I was phoned by Andy (Call Centre Manager), who had been following our posts on the forum, and had quite a chat. He had managed to track me down through the details in the posts to let me know that a bracelet identical to mine had been returned as non-deliverable. As I really wanted the bracelet, I sent my broken one back and on Wednesday afternoon my replacement bracelet duly arrived.
I'm very grateful to Andy for his detective work, but do just wish that all the people I spoke to previously had been prepared to go that extra step to sort the matter.
This is a certainly a step in the right direction, but if this bracelet with the same product number hadn't come back into stock, I'm not at all sure that I would have been offered one of the new batch. So, I am grateful to Andy, but also feel that I've just been very lucky. Fingers crossed that this one lasts a bit longer!

Really glad it's finally been resolved to your satisfaction Jacqualina. Very sad though that it's down to Andy reading this forum. Does that mean if you weren't a member and poster here that nothing would have been done?

Well done to Andy but as you say, why didn't someone take ownership of this earlier?

jacqualina;293774 [B said:
Yes Sacha,I've spoken to Karl again today and asked to speak to a Manager. Apparently they are very short-staffed and there are no Managers available so I've asked for a call-back. He did say, however, that it will do me no good and that a Manager will tell me exactly the same. [/B]

The replaced item has to be identical and so one of the new bracelets (even though exactly the same, but with a different product number) cannot replace my broken one. I shall wait to speak to a Manager, but fear there is no flexibility at Gems any more. We'll see.
Hi Jacqualina

Am very very pleased for you that this has all now been resolved to your satisfaction.....just a pity you
had to jump through hoops in the first place.

I've just highlighted your earlier post, where you were getting stone-walled by CS and yet
all the while it was pretty obvious that they needed to give you access to the head honcho there.

I know that finally, after 2.5 weeks, that it is now sorted but the way this has been handled
by Gems has not covered themselves in glory!

Well done to Andy. Thank you for reading us and taking the trouble to do this for Jacqualine. xxxx

Sapphire Bracelet

I reckon that if it were to be repaired the jeweller would have to take out every stone as they cannot put heat on to their sapphires . I took mine to a jeweller and that is what i was told.Like a lot of the diamonds probably heat treated for colour!!!!!!

I'm pleased you now have a replacement but as Klos said what if you weren't a member/poster on here what then? shame Gems couldn't have just sorted this from your first phone call!

I reckon that if it were to be repaired the jeweller would have to take out every stone as they cannot put heat on to their sapphires . I took mine to a jeweller and that is what i was told.Like a lot of the diamonds probably heat treated for colour!!!!!!

Mand - diamonds aren't heat treated for colour. You're right about the sapphires - it's because they are BE diffused. However, you shouldn't have to take them all out (that sounds a bit like a jeweller trying to make money!).

Jacqualina - great news. If ever you have problems like this again insist on speaking with a manager, don't be fobbed off by they're too busy or not around. There are always Team Leaders/Managers working on each shift. If you're insistent enough you will be put through. I'm so glad you're getting a replacement. Will you take photos when it arrives?

Just caught up with your RS bracelet saga Jacqualina and really pleased that you finally have a replacement. :flower: What a fortuitous coincidence that an identical one (i.e. with the same item code) should suddenly appear in stock :Whistling: and that Andy found it for you, but good on him for putting this regretable situation right at long last. :clap: I hope you have much more luck and enjoyment with this one hon. Sx :pPC:

Have just caught up on whats been happening, I'm so glad that it is all sorted for you now and hope you dont have any problems with this one, but what a shame it took so long and that its really only been sorted beacuse Andy reads the forum and luckily for you, you post on here, I hope you wear it in good health xxxx

Latest posts

Back