Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if she's also worked at Boucheron? Nah, she'd have mentioned it.....

Mentioned it? She’d have had it spelled out in letters on her ‘effin bleedin Jumper.

There’s a few videos on YouTube featuring Caroline Garrard, not many views though, in one she’s buying Jeans, not Watches.

I was thinking of buying Caroline Garrard’s book about Kate Middleton’s Style but I couldn’t choose between her book and the other 486 written :mysmilie_59:

I always enjoyed how she had the fake enthusiasm of someone who is clearly miserable the second the camera stops rolling.

I wonder what Kenny Rogers, Dafodil and Dandelion are up to now?

I’m surprised she went bust, I’d have thought Ideal World would have had more than enough punters with absolutely no taste to keep her in business :mysmilie_59:

8549DE02-0BD3-4E5A-B907-06CD92B76CBF.jpg

I wonder what Kenny Rogers, Dafodil and Dandelion are up to now?

I’m surprised she went bust, I’d have thought Ideal World would have had more than enough punters with absolutely no taste to keep her in business :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16276

I assumed her business was booming, what with it always 'selling out' on IW and her events at her windmill she always said she lives in

I assumed her business was booming, what with it always 'selling out' on IW and her events at her windmill she always said she lives in

Yes Mr Tom, I assumed much the same.

But I suppose tastes change, either that or all of her punters popped their clogs. I understand the average age of a Scarflace wearer was approaching 97.

I wish Kenny well in her Windmill. If all else fails I guess she could make Flour :mysmilie_59:

Yes Mr Tom, I assumed much the same.

But I suppose tastes change, either that or all of her punters popped their clogs. I understand the average age of a Scarflace wearer was approaching 97.

I wish Kenny well in her Windmill. If all else fails I guess she could make Flour :mysmilie_59:

In the words of David Brent "if you are running out of money, save money? No! buy a better car"

That is how IW run their business I believe, as perception is everything in tv land.

In the words of David Brent "if you are running out of money, save money? No! buy a better car"

That is how IW run their business I believe, as perception is everything in tv land.

I think the turning to running more recorded shows makes sense. What does not make sense is having these recorded shows with presenters saying "this Sunday morning" as it replays on a Monday at 7am and that this deal will end at 11am when it is 745 am.

Essentially there is little need for all shows to be live bar fashion which I gather is by far the biggest money earner for the channel and is almost certainly keeping it afloat at present.

The other day one of the presenters was doing the usual spiel about how the prices are so good, less costs e.t.c when he stated "well we have a lot less staff than before" I get the impression the background staff have been drastically reduced of late the production values seem lower.

All of this makes sense but most important is product variety something which has been lacking for a while, The only things I have ever bought from Ideal are 3 kitchen products why they are always so competitive in this area baffles me they must have or had a hell of a kitchen buyer. There are less and less kitchen shows which suggests to me either they cant get the deals anymore or that buyer may have moved on.

Hi everyone, I’m very excited.

And that’s because Wednesday at 8:00pm is the launch of Christmas on Ideal World. And what better way to get the party started than another hour of Richard Mire’s Drones.

Happy Christmas :mysmilie_59:

7EC1290E-68B2-4F40-BC39-3BFD45DD3C94.jpg2235C885-0EEE-4EF1-A094-D03F3C8AAB86.jpg61A117E3-8504-4680-ABC6-28FD88889550.jpgC3A9C204-34BB-4478-B55E-B62B75A9C6C9.jpg

I think the turning to running more recorded shows makes sense. What does not make sense is having these recorded shows with presenters saying "this Sunday morning" as it replays on a Monday at 7am and that this deal will end at 11am when it is 745 am.

Essentially there is little need for all shows to be live bar fashion which I gather is by far the biggest money earner for the channel and is almost certainly keeping it afloat at present.

The other day one of the presenters was doing the usual spiel about how the prices are so good, less costs e.t.c when he stated "well we have a lot less staff than before" I get the impression the background staff have been drastically reduced of late the production values seem lower.

All of this makes sense but most important is product variety something which has been lacking for a while, The only things I have ever bought from Ideal are 3 kitchen products why they are always so competitive in this area baffles me they must have or had a hell of a kitchen buyer. There are less and less kitchen shows which suggests to me either they cant get the deals anymore or that buyer may have moved on.

Someone on here used to work in Selly Telly behind the scenes. They said that manufacturers often offered their products to a Shopping Channel to sell, but at decidedly lower prices than retail, as a way to advertise them to a wider audience.

If less branded items are appearing I suppose it could be that manufacturers don’t like the way Ideal World present them. Let’s face it, the presentation is often excruciating.

And it dosen’t really help when a Goon is openly bigoted :mysmilie_59:

His surname says it all a total mire

I’m not sure who’s worse.

Creepy ProtoPlonk Man, who has a really terrible Weave, despite his brew supposedly being good for Hair.

Or Richard Mire, who as you said Merry has the right name, with his flimsy ‘effin fly for a bit in the sky bugs.

Duncan Bannatyne wished him the very worst of luck with all his future endeavours, but I’d like to go further, which is just what the Punters think about his Drones as they conk out :mysmilie_59:

56DCA376-7261-4FAB-B50A-57C0F0EE4BB8.jpg

I find it an interesting notion that (and this includes qvc) because they discovered that female centric products sell the most, they made a conscious decision to pretty much only cater to women.

I think it's a very dangerous game to play when now there could be 3 channels (including TJC) all selling beauty products at the same exact time.

I would argue it is not a successful decision based on the fact that they now solely rely on these brands and can't even attempt to sell anything else, through fear of alienating their now captive audience.

God I've grown to dislike Richard Mire, however if he stopped appearing I'd kind of miss it.

It makes a genuine change of pace from woodland leathers, mattresses and phones.

God I've grown to dislike Richard Mire, however if he stopped appearing I'd kind of miss it.

It makes a genuine change of pace from woodland leathers, mattresses and phones.

Yip, and Watches. And talking of Watches that old Bid TV Favourite, Thomas Earnshaw, is back at 10:00pm, prices range from £128.99 to £249.99.

On wish.com they have a large range of Thomas Earnshaw costing from £24 to £98, with most of them costing around £50 to £70 :mysmilie_59:

https://www.wish.com/m/search/Thomas%20Earnshaw

Or maybe Thomas Earnsha_........remember the 'w' was missing from the one they were presenting?

Another week, another treat.....

Swiss Military by Hanowa Gent s Neptune Diver Watch with Stainless Steel Bracelet.........A divers watch for this money oh my goodness
Also in a presentation airtank amazing watch silly money just buy it
:clapping:

Yip, and Watches. And talking of Watches that old Bid TV Favourite, Thomas Earnshaw, is back at 10:00pm, prices range from £128.99 to £249.99.

On wish.com they have a large range of Thomas Earnshaw costing from £24 to £98, with most of them costing around £50 to £70 :mysmilie_59:

https://www.wish.com/m/search/Thomas%20Earnshaw

I wonder why James Russell isn't on IW

Latest posts

Back