Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mason again telling viewers they have till the end of Jan to return the timepieces.

Again no mention they need to be in an original and re saleable state. So if you buy a watch from Ideal in Feb 2019 you can be rest assured it may have been on someones wrist for 3 months.

I do not think there is anything wrong with having terms to a longer return period would be great if Mason bothered to tell the viewers. I am guessing no other presenters will or even mention terms and conditions apply

More amateur hour on the Ideal website I am currently watching again last night (I am not re watching even I am not that sad)

They have a pop up for the Itv show which is fair enough, however you cant remove it and it is covering more than half the screen (small mercies)

so badly designed

Dave Loydon gets a special shout out (again) at start of the two hour show last night

Happy 48th wedding anniversary to Dave and Sue says the smug Mason

Kevin has the face as if to say without you Dave I wouldn't have a gig, thank you

Dave Loydon worked in a Foundry for 35 years.

This explains his penchant for big and heavy metalwork :mysmilie_59:

BC1AD641-834F-43FA-9132-D8ADF8DE0CDA.jpg29E43CDE-4359-44B1-87A8-72E196FB70E3.jpgD33C0816-783E-4DFA-A244-1F66A0E5E021.jpg

Hahaha he certainly did

Joanne really is a piece of work these days. She seems in a quandry about whether she has a very big house, a cleaner and an expensive lifestyle. Then obviously thinks that does not sound great and plays the hard working bit. She then tells us about her cleaner (again)

She has been stung by a dead bee and then states "falling down a corded vac on the stairs is one of the most common household serious injuries" (any sources for this or just scare tactics)

If you watch her presenting when she smiles massively she looks uncomfortable I have found that generally seems to occur when she has told a lie or something she knows is a bit naughty

Think she gets away with a lot tbh

Hahaha he certainly did

Joanne really is a piece of work these days. She seems in a quandry about whether she has a very big house, a cleaner and an expensive lifestyle. Then obviously thinks that does not sound great and plays the hard working bit. She then tells us about her cleaner (again)

She has been stung by a dead bee and then states "falling down a corded vac on the stairs is one of the most common household serious injuries" (any sources for this or just scare tactics)

If you watch her presenting when she smiles massively she looks uncomfortable I have found that generally seems to occur when she has told a lie or something she knows is a bit naughty

Think she gets away with a lot tbh

I was just watching Joanne with Bev Bad Hare. Joanne is clearly a woman of means, she buys everything.

Joanne likes to talk about her Mother, just as much as Nanty likes to talk about his Mam. I feel I know her Mother personally, but I don’t want to, anymore than I want to know Nanty’s Mam.

Joanne will use 300 words when 3 would suffice. I’d prefer she used none.

Jimmy Savile is on now, shilling a Vibrapower with Doddy Flump. I say she’s on now, she started the ‘show’ by saying Good Afternoon, and saying it’s a Mad Monday, so another repeat.

:mysmilie_59:

CE13EB47-6A2A-4126-8C60-BBFFB2B91F9C.jpg5831BE2B-FBB5-4848-9AE8-9D8F8A02D66C.jpg55C89C3C-4E11-426A-BEB4-DE00E29B956B.jpg

Fair play to Gen

She has just stated the terms of the extended returns stating need original packaging and in the original state

Not really something you should be praising people for but nobody else seems to have mentioned yet

Fair play to Gen

She has just stated the terms of the extended returns stating need original packaging and in the original state

Not really something you should be praising people for but nobody else seems to have mentioned yet

Cue an even bigger deluge of complaints on Trust Pilot come January. Talking of Trust Pilot, have a look at this complaint about a Vostok Watch from 25/9/18 : -

'For a long time, my Husband has been watching the Vostock watches on Ideal World and having chosen the one he liked, ordered it on the 28th of August. The watch arrived while we were on holiday. My husband wore the watch for the very first time today, and while we were in a shop, he happened to see one of the function buttons on the side of the watch fall out onto the floor. He managed to pick it up before it got trodden on. Being a watch collector and enthusiast he realised straight away that there was a bit on the end missing. As soon as we got home, I called their Customer Services only to be told it would have to be sent back to be repaired and would take at least 20 days. WRONG Ideal World. A watch that is less than a month old, should be replaced, not repaired. We will send it back but have taken a picture of the serial number and limited edition number from the watch, and if we find they send the same one back again repaired, it will be rejected. We are not impressed with their Customer Service and will definitely not be buying from them again, Ever!!'

I’m guessing that isn’t Dave Loydon :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Cue an even bigger deluge of complaints on Trust Pilot come January. Talking of Trust Pilot, have a look at this complaint about a Vostok Watch from 25/9/18 : -

'For a long time, my Husband has been watching the Vostock watches on Ideal World and having chosen the one he liked, ordered it on the 28th of August. The watch arrived while we were on holiday. My husband wore the watch for the very first time today, and while we were in a shop, he happened to see one of the function buttons on the side of the watch fall out onto the floor. He managed to pick it up before it got trodden on. Being a watch collector and enthusiast he realised straight away that there was a bit on the end missing. As soon as we got home, I called their Customer Services only to be told it would have to be sent back to be repaired and would take at least 20 days. WRONG Ideal World. A watch that is less than a month old, should be replaced, not repaired. We will send it back but have taken a picture of the serial number and limited edition number from the watch, and if we find they send the same one back again repaired, it will be rejected. We are not impressed with their Customer Service and will definitely not be buying from them again, Ever!!'

I’m guessing that isn’t Dave Loydon :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Still mostly awful reviews on Trust Pilot even if Ideal World is belatedly taking steps to resolve at least some of the problems (though perhaps too little too late). Resorting to disaster management, namely picking up the pieces as a consequence of using cheap call centres/courier firms is no way to run a business. On air they've namechecked another watch collector (forgotten his name) so it might have conceivably been from him.

The following review (24 September 2018) shows how bad they can get when something goes very wrong, but not having the correct procedures in place to catch this sort of thing out is something Aurelius should address as a top priority. Making money via poorly-trained call centres and/or debt collection agencies through obfuscation is arguably fraud if nothing else:

'Horrifyingly bad retailer. I was a customer for years, but every time I had to return something it was a nightmare; they are extremely tough and timewasting to deal with, plus have an Indian call centre. However, due to the latest incident I've deleted Ideal World from our TV and will NEVER buy from them again. I bought an item on two instalments. I got a letter stating they couldn't access the 2nd payment so added £15 and if it failed again they'd add more, plus refer me to a collection agency. I checked everything and there was no reason why the payment couldn't be accessed. I wanted to make the payment manually, but their letter contained no information at all about how to pay them. They'd blocked me from accessing my online Ideal World account, plus they wouldn't reply to my emails. I was forced to wait for the collection agency letter, because Ideal World gave me no options to pay and wouldn't reply to me. Via the collection agency I was able to pay online, but ended up paying double what the item cost and due to zero fault of my own, because there was no reason why Ideal World couldn't access the 2nd payment. I'm pretty sure it was a scam for them to get more money, because otherwise they'd have stated alternative payment options. This is such a horrendous company to deal with. I'd like to say Ideal World are a bunch of cowboys and you buy from them at your own risk.'

Still mostly awful reviews on Trust Pilot even if Ideal World is belatedly taking steps to resolve at least some of the problems (though perhaps too little too late). Resorting to disaster management, namely picking up the pieces as a consequence of using cheap call centres/courier firms is no way to run a business. On air they've namechecked another watch collector (forgotten his name) so it might have conceivably been from him.

The following review (24 September 2018) shows how bad they can get when something goes very wrong, but not having the correct procedures in place to catch this sort of thing out is something Aurelius should address as a top priority. Making money via poorly-trained call centres and/or debt collection agencies through obfuscation is arguably fraud if nothing else:

'Horrifyingly bad retailer. I was a customer for years, but every time I had to return something it was a nightmare; they are extremely tough and timewasting to deal with, plus have an Indian call centre. However, due to the latest incident I've deleted Ideal World from our TV and will NEVER buy from them again. I bought an item on two instalments. I got a letter stating they couldn't access the 2nd payment so added £15 and if it failed again they'd add more, plus refer me to a collection agency. I checked everything and there was no reason why the payment couldn't be accessed. I wanted to make the payment manually, but their letter contained no information at all about how to pay them. They'd blocked me from accessing my online Ideal World account, plus they wouldn't reply to my emails. I was forced to wait for the collection agency letter, because Ideal World gave me no options to pay and wouldn't reply to me. Via the collection agency I was able to pay online, but ended up paying double what the item cost and due to zero fault of my own, because there was no reason why Ideal World couldn't access the 2nd payment. I'm pretty sure it was a scam for them to get more money, because otherwise they'd have stated alternative payment options. This is such a horrendous company to deal with. I'd like to say Ideal World are a bunch of cowboys and you buy from them at your own risk.'

I think calling Ideal World a bunch of cowboys, is an insult to cowboys!

Gen is having a hell of a day

Scholl show on now (at least something different or brand anyway)

Lucinda who rings a bell from bid? Is suddenly a shoe expert keeps saying these will cure varicose veins, bad backs the lot. Happened at least three times each time Gen has retracted the statement.

You would think someone who has done a fair few products would be a bit more careful, kind of makes me think she has been told to do the very hard sell/cure all as she doesn't look particularly comfortable saying it.

I really have a feeling they are not going to be around in 6 months and that may be generous

Gen is having a hell of a day

Scholl show on now (at least something different or brand anyway)

Lucinda who rings a bell from bid? Is suddenly a shoe expert keeps saying these will cure varicose veins, bad backs the lot. Happened at least three times each time Gen has retracted the statement.

You would think someone who has done a fair few products would be a bit more careful, kind of makes me think she has been told to do the very hard sell/cure all as she doesn't look particularly comfortable saying it.

I really have a feeling they are not going to be around in 6 months and that may be generous

Aurelius (the owner of Ideal World) also own Scholl so expect the hard sell.

It isn’t the brand it once was :mysmilie_59:

ah that makes sense

Like I say at least it is a bit different to a degree anyway

She calmed down in the second half may have just been nerves rather than anything more sinister

ah that makes sense

Like I say at least it is a bit different to a degree anyway

She calmed down in the second half may have just been nerves rather than anything more sinister

I could be wrong but wasn’t there a reason why they dropped the ‘Dr’ moniker from Scholl over here years ago? I know they used to market their shoes as good for posture and the like but I’m going back a bit, that was long before Aurelius owned Scholl.

They might not have even been called ‘Dr’ here, I can’t really remember but I think I recall them being marketed as good for feet and back health. I do remember some of my Teachers donkeys years ago wearing Scholl Clogs!

In North and Latin America they’re still called ‘Dr’ Scholl but Aurelius don’t own the brand in those markets :mysmilie_59:

Joe Remblance who a month ago was a presenter on craft is now back as the "in house" coffee expert. Chef William appears to have been dumped for this role.

Mason tells us "he knows coffee"

jesus

Gen was really screeching whilst flogging a couple of tops - had to switch off pdq.

It is not the way to entice viewers to watch no matter what the gallery think. They must have strong ears to withstand that level of noise.

Calm down woman.

Mason knows great sound and coffee. The man is a cornucopia of knowledge.

In all seriousness I am confident IW will be around in 6 months time. People out there will always see it as an opportunity to make a quick profit as the alternative to QVC then sell on to another idiot when it starts to dry up, but it will never die.

Everyone involved makes money somehow, even if the business is failing.

Last night Mike Mason claimed that while he was on holiday ' four or five' people asked him about the Vostok watch he claimed to own and be wearing.
Peter Simon recently claimed that a stranger offered to buy the Vostok watch he claimed to own.
Kevin often claims that when you wear a Vostok 'in the golf club bar; people will approach you to ask about it.
Do you think there is a contingent of Ideal World customers vainly flaunting their Vostok watches in restaurants and bars in the forlorn hope that someone is gonna say 'nice watch mate' ?

Last night Mike Mason claimed that while he was on holiday ' four or five' people asked him about the Vostok watch he claimed to own and be wearing.
Peter Simon recently claimed that a stranger offered to buy the Vostok watch he claimed to own.
Kevin often claims that when you wear a Vostok 'in the golf club bar; people will approach you to ask about it.
Do you think there is a contingent of Ideal World customers vainly flaunting their Vostok watches in restaurants and bars in the forlorn hope that someone is gonna say 'nice watch mate' ?

Did you hear Kevski last night?

"I got stopped in the car park here last night a man said is that you Kevin? He just wanted to show me his vostok..."

Jesus christ chances this was true?

Mason knows great sound and coffee. The man is a cornucopia of knowledge.

In all seriousness I am confident IW will be around in 6 months time. People out there will always see it as an opportunity to make a quick profit as the alternative to QVC then sell on to another idiot when it starts to dry up, but it will never die.

Everyone involved makes money somehow, even if the business is failing.

You are right maybe I should have said in its current state, I can certainly see less live hours being the norm but that is just common sense for costs and may attract more buyers.

Latest posts

Back