£27.000's Worth of Cakes Sold in an Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

that makes very interesting reading. It's made me realise that what i thought i already knew was in fact true. we are guilable and they are hard sell shop assistants

i have to ask myself this: would anyone go into a shop and casually buy a cake for £30 just for the sake of it.

some folks are housebound and have the money i suppose to buy things like this at any price suprisingly i am not one of them...
still love qvc but.....................................

This is nothing new, I think everbody knows this by now.

Although I not too sure that the warehouse is in Runcorn (I live in Runcorn and if it is true then I am totally in the dark), I was under the impression that it was in Knowsley.

This is nothing new, I think everbody knows this by now.

Although I not too sure that the warehouse is in Runcorn (I live in Runcorn and if it is true then I am totally in the dark), I was under the impression that it was in Knowsley.

you're right Yaz, think he boobed there :mysmilie_34: the warehouse is deffo in Knowsley

you're right Yaz, think he boobed there :mysmilie_34: the warehouse is deffo in Knowsley

I thought it was, if he can't get that right as a journalist (?) then what are the chances of the sale amount being right?

Last edited:
'A few weeks ago, it sold £6million-worth of beauty products in three days'

:mysmilie_410::mysmilie_410::mysmilie_410:

Is that possible???

At those prices per item, I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the total "take" on cakes, it's only about 1000 units surely.

Yes it is about that. The media have this this thing of overhyping everything to make it seem scandalous when it is infact nothing more than fluff.

Did that guy not get paid as it was going to be in an article do you think?

I would imagine so.

I printed it of for my mum and she said:

1) He isn't very accurate, he got the part about the warehouse bit wrong so what makes him accurate about the other bits of info?

2) He didn't really say that much during the hour and my mum didn't know why he was there so the headline is wrong as well as he didn't sell the cakes.

3) QVC were probably expecting a better write up than that but they are most likely having a good old laugh since he isn't very accurate.

4) Most people know that QVC's beauty shows sell the most, so this isn't a shock but the 6 million quoted in his article is most likely to be wrong as guess what?...................he isn't very accurate.

He really should have checked his facts before doing the article as not even knowing the correct place of the warehouse makes me and my mum wonder about the rest of his facts.

that makes very interesting reading. It's made me realise that what i thought i already knew was in fact true. we are guilable and they are hard sell shop assistants

Yes it made feel quite a saddo for being a viewer and a customer :mysmilie_73:

When you read how much the cakes cost and the the price of the P&P :mysmilie_81: - someone who doesn't shop at qvc must be having a good laugh - I was shocked at reading the prices and I watched the hour :mysmilie_697:

I didn't buy anyhting from the hour - dread to think what he'd make of the fashion :mysmilie_11:

Didn't think it put JR in a particularly good light :mysmilie_17:

I wonder who on earth arranged for him to be there - can't think the cake firm will be that over the moon as he is hardly enthusiastic about their cakes... and presumably they want to come back...

About the huge amount spent on beauty... can't quite remember i think the l'occitane christmas tsv was about £47(?) that times 50000 is 2,350,000 alone... and i think there was another beauty tsv about the same time...? 6 million is an awful lot - but it is amazing how quickly qvc rake up the money on beauty tsv days with all the other products being sold as well...

Back