2013 Support thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I lost 5 and a half pounds last week, but it was my first week. Will have to go tonight as i'm babysitting tomorrow
night, so its a day early for me. But had a good week, hard in work with sweets everywhere, had a couple he he

I lost 5 and a half pounds last week, but it was my first week. Will have to go tonight as i'm babysitting tomorrow
night, so its a day early for me. But had a good week, hard in work with sweets everywhere, had a couple he he

Snap Sparklybarbs!, I lost 5 and a half pounds on my first week and yesterday when i weighed in last night I had lost just 1 pound - a bit miffed, but then I am telling myself that it is still 6 and a half pounds in two weeks, so not too bad! Havent seen the turkish delight yogurts, they sound gorgeous. Have found the Muller fat free greek style yoghurts in luscious lemon, they are half a syn on SW I think and really lovely.

Just an aside - Turkish Delight (cadbury) is my all time favourite and I could easily eat a whole large bar of it. (shame on me!) About 15 years ago when my dad was practising psychotherapy and clinical hypnotherapy I asked him to hypnotise me into not wanting to eat turkish delight - I cant remember what happened but afterwards I did not want to buy it or eat it for many years! The trouble with me is that I move from one favourite chocolate bar to another and I could do with hypnotherapy for the whole of caburys range of products!! Could take years!

Didn't get to slimming world tonight, been fighting a horrible chesty thing all week, voice gone and coughing and coughing, so slept most of the day, and didn't get up to nearly 7.00 so too late to go. But have been sticking to it all week, and as im babysitting tomo i cant go, but i know ive stuck to it. Bit expensive this dieting, and cooking all this food in advance. As i work shifts i have to have it all prepared and ready for work.

Good for you reflexgirl, thats nearly half a stone in 2 weeks, just look at a bag of potatoes, and see how much it is. You always seem to loose less the second week, so we just have to keep at it.

Felinewoman, yes i think chocolates are a favourite, especially in hospitals he he.

I love all cadburys chocolate also, and could eat any of the bars, love the turkish delight and anything else, but one bite isnt enough for me, hence i have to abstain completely :)

Oh you poor thing - I hope you will be able to shake off the lurgy soon! Well done for sticking to the plan when you are feeling so rough - its all too tempting to use food as a comfort in times of misery I find!!

I know what you mean about the expense though. Before I would buy a loaf and have that for sandwiches etc and it would last a few days. I have not eaten bread (and feel much better for it I might add) and I find that I have to keep a full fridge of all things "Free", buying eggs and bacon and maybe more expensive foods than what a loaf would cost.

Planning my meals is the key to success though I think, as it means I dont just go and buy a ready meal from M&S! My OH works away during the week which is quite helpful in a way but before I started the diet I would sometimes eat ready meals because I couldnt be bothered to cook just for myself. At the moment I am quite enjoying cooking from scratch (even for one). I just hope I can change my previous bad habits and keep up the momentum of cooking "proper food" everyday.

You sound very motivated Sparkly and next week when you get on the scales you will see a really good weight loss I think!:up:

Went tonight as the babysitting was cancelled, so after lounging all day i decided just to go. And i lost 2 lbs.
Got my half stone sticker, and to get my certificate next week as they had none there, so pleased and
happy i went :)

Hi
I am still going strong and am now at my lowest weight for over 15 years :) :)
I have stopped going to WW as I just couldn't afford paying for both WW and my diet and exercise class.
I am trying my best to follow an elimination diet and still fasting 2 days a week, not always as successively as I might like but it seems to be working .
I have lost 7 lb over the last 3 weeks and have dropped over 70cm from all over my body at the class so will keep on going while I can afford it.
It is weigh in and measure to night so I will see just how well I have done this week.
(The bar of Turkish delight chocolate won't have helped !!)
Have a good weekend every one.
Karen

Oh i nibbled and nibbled today in work. Never seen so many packets of biscuits and sweets. We'd actually got given a fancy box of sweets from
Bahrain or somewhere fancy and i had to test them. Bad day. Back to porridge tomorrow

Went tonight as the babysitting was cancelled, so after lounging all day i decided just to go. And i lost 2 lbs.
Got my half stone sticker, and to get my certificate next week as they had none there, so pleased and
happy i went :)

Well done Sparklybarbs! Hope the half stone sticker gives you motivation to keep going. I would have congratulated you sooner but I haven't been on the forum for a few days, sorry about that!

I weigh in tomorrow - so watch this space - I am really hoping I will join you in the half stone club!

Good luck for tomorrow night reflexgirl. I'm eating loads of fruit to make up for some of my sins lol

Well, just weighed in and have lost 2.5 pounds so I am quite pleased - total 9 pounds now. Good luck to everyone else who weighs in this week!!
Sparklybarbs, just out of interest I notice that you are shown as Guest on the post above? What does that mean, it usually says VIP shopper.

Madmax, have just been reading through this thread and notice you mention you have lost over 5 stone. That is so fantastic! Can you say what has kept you motivated and focused to keep going. I would love to lose 4 stone but it seems such a long way off somehow. I am feeling positive today, but I do wonder if my resolve might wain as time goes by. I do think it is all in the mind iykwim, and any insight as to how to keep upbeat would be welcome. :wave:

woo hoo! conga rats reflex girl. i want to lose 4 stone as well as that's what i put on with meds. have been going to SW since august and it's been very slow but have lost 26 lbs so far so the whole lot doesn't seem quite as daunting now. don't know if i'll ever make it though. i'm doing the same but it seems to be slowing down even more.

Thats wonderful Janie, well done you, you are nearly half way there! I suppose its only natural that things will slow down the nearer you get to your target weight. Glad you are sticking with it though, you must really be noticing the difference in how you look and feel. Do you have any specific motivation? Mine is that I want to look half decent in a dress when I get wed in the summer (not big white wedding dress I hasten to add, just a nice dress!)

Hi everybody! I seem to have dropped off the weight-loss horizon....apologies! I think I said in my last post that I was going back to WeightWatchers in January, but I didn't bother and have been steadily putting on weight. Well, I've had enough and will be going to WW tomorrow night, without fail! I'm re-starting running too. Last year I ran a couple of 10ks, ow I would have a heart attack if I did a uarter of that, so I'm running with a bunch of friends tonight.

Lovely to see some new faces here, I love hearing your inspirational weight loss stories. :sun:
Sharon xx

:mysmilie_5:
I've been bit of a lurker for a while, but feel I should post on here to thank you all for inspiring me to start diet again. I'd decided that I'd put on so much weight that I might as well not bother.

Then I read on here about this 5:2 diet, which seemed too good to be true. I'd been trying calorie counting with no success. Anyhow, decided to start the 5;2 about 4 weeks ago, totally cynical. Expected nothing from it. Managed two 500 calorie days no problem, ate "normally" remaining 5 days, and lost about 3 lbs the first week. After that have lost average of 2 lbs per week, including birthday week 2 weeks ago, when we ate out at least 5 nights. I am now down from about 6 feet tall to 5 ft 10 ins. I've only got another 9 inches to reach my correct height - yippee! All I've to keep reminding myself is that "normal" doesn't mean eating like i used to eat every day, but trying to eat a normal amount of calories.

Anyhow, that's all I wanted to say really, oh and thanks for the entertainment on here (most of the time anyhow - sometimes I do feel like I've strayed into a parallel universe!).

:mysmilie_357:Lossielass! I love your avatar, made me giggle.
So pleased you have found the 5:2 works for you. My aunt has just started on that diet. 500 calories is not alot, do they give you ideas of what to eat on those 2 days so you dont feel too hungary?
Hope you enjoy it here!

Thats wonderful Janie, well done you, you are nearly half way there! I suppose its only natural that things will slow down the nearer you get to your target weight. Glad you are sticking with it though, you must really be noticing the difference in how you look and feel. Do you have any specific motivation? Mine is that I want to look half decent in a dress when I get wed in the summer (not big white wedding dress I hasten to add, just a nice dress!)

not really - apart from age! about 10 years ago i had a lot of gynae probs and the meds made me put on 4 stone. i turned 60 last summer so decided it was now or never to take myself in hand. thinking of my heart and knees rather than my waistline. i'd always said i didn't need to sit in a village hall with a load of fat women - i wasn't stupid, i know what good food is but i had to accept eating healthily and a lot of walking wasn't working so i joined slimming world and the gym. most people at SW lost a lot more than me but i do honestly believe it's harder as a veggie.

i can honestly say i don't feel any different and i'm still wearing all the same clothes. it's weird - it must have gone somewhere. also because it's been so gradual, my friends haven't really noticed much. i did notice i was looking 10 years older and getting a bit depressed about it, then i realised, the fat wasn't padding out the wrinkles - that's the downside when you're older! i can also see my shoulders look a bit smaller. i hope it works it's way down and i don't end up with a 30aaa chest and size 18 backside. lol

lossielass - there's another thread on here about 5:2. can't help thinking it's faddy but if it works for you, who cares?!

:mysmilie_357:Lossielass! I love your avatar, made me giggle.
So pleased you have found the 5:2 works for you. My aunt has just started on that diet. 500 calories is not alot, do they give you ideas of what to eat on those 2 days so you dont feel too hungary?
Hope you enjoy it here!
You can buy the book for £2.95 in Tesco. There are recipes at the back. The book is called 'The Fast 'Diet' by Dr Michael Mosley and another person

Latest posts

Back