2013 Support thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I chickened out of going. Too cold and too lazy to be bothered. Have to sit and have a chat with myself, as i just seem to be wasting time,
and not sticking to it. How is it sometimes you stick to it and then others you just can;t be bothered, and just want to eat and not think
about it all. I need to have a good talk to myself and tell myself to stop messing around

I was the same SB, you have to get in the right frame of mind and then it seems to click.

Last year i lost 2 stone, and then stopped going, and put nearly a stone on, so i've joined again and lost 8 pounds, but one week on , one week off,
i think i did better when i stayed in the class and got to know the people, but i don;t really want to do that, but its looking like it might be the only
way. If i give up i'll just put on more, oh im so annoyed with myself:(

Last year i lost 2 stone, and then stopped going, and put nearly a stone on, so i've joined again and lost 8 pounds, but one week on , one week off,
i think i did better when i stayed in the class and got to know the people, but i don;t really want to do that, but its looking like it might be the only
way. If i give up i'll just put on more, oh im so annoyed with myself:(

I don't have to go to my class as I've reached my target but go every week cos I know if I miss one I will put it back on. I have lost 3 stone twice in the past but put it all back on and more so I know exactly how you feel. You're not on you own believe me.

I think when you have already lost and reached goal and then you start putting it back on again it's much harder to keep motivated! What a long sentence with no commas.

I like MarigoldAminoLiquids from the HealthFoodShop. It's like soy sauce but fewer calories and really makes food/soup taste delish! It's a duplicate of BraggsAminoLiquids which you can't buy in the UK, I think you can in Ireland? but not sure. And I tried RiceDreamWithHazelnut (from Holland&Barrett) this week. Well, ThisLi'lPiggy finished it in one day - SinfulSinfulSinful - it was Awesome! x WhatIKnow,IPassOnSnarly

I stayed the same this week, which was what I'd hoped for! I am heading off to spend the weekend with my mum and step-dad and their hospitality is legendary, so watch this space!

It's terribly difficult to get yourself motivated to lose weight, even when the scales/mirror/blood-pressure readings tell us what we already know. I think a lot of factors triggered my desire to get rid of the weight, the major one being the realiation that my marriage was over and I had to get myself out of it. I suppose you could say I 'found myself', though that's a bit nauseating, but I do feel like a different person and knowing that I look good has given me bags of confidence too. I also learned how to drive at the age of 52, something I said I'd never do. Looks and confidence aside, I know I have improved my health, and, as mum says, your health is your wealth!

Happy Easter everyone
Sharon xx

I stayed the same this week, which was what I'd hoped for! I am heading off to spend the weekend with my mum and step-dad and their hospitality is legendary, so watch this space!

It's terribly difficult to get yourself motivated to lose weight, even when the scales/mirror/blood-pressure readings tell us what we already know. I think a lot of factors triggered my desire to get rid of the weight, the major one being the realiation that my marriage was over and I had to get myself out of it. I suppose you could say I 'found myself', though that's a bit nauseating, but I do feel like a different person and knowing that I look good has given me bags of confidence too. I also learned how to drive at the age of 52, something I said I'd never do. Looks and confidence aside, I know I have improved my health, and, as mum says, your health is your wealth!

Happy Easter everyone
Sharon xx

Happy Easter to you too Sharon! I stayed the same too this week. Well done for sorting yourself out after what must have been a stressful time for you. Your Mum is correct in what she says, you can have all the money in the world but you can't enjoy it if your in bad health. Good for you on passing your test too!

many congratulations on learning to drive calvin - that really is an achievement and will give you a wonderful sense of freedom.

Well ladies I gained 2.5lbs this week and I know exactly what went wrong! I did have a great Easter with my mum and step-dad though and the food and drink in take was seriously high! So, it's back to basics this week as I'll be counting every ProPoint and recording everything I eat- if you bite it, write it. I'm heading out for some serious gym time in an hour or so and hope to get there at least twice more before the next weighin.

How did you all cope with the break?

S xx

It doesn't matter Calvin, at least you enjoyed yourself. I put on 1/2 lb the week before and stopped the same this week. going to Barcelona for a few days next week, so god help me then lol.

This thread seems quiet at the moment. I have to say I haven't been to WW for the past 2 weeks but hopefully will be there next week. Rubbish intake is so-so at the moment. Too much temptation all around!

I just want to lose a couple of pounds as I lost quite a lot when I had an operation and then was on strong painkillers for a while. I am planning to watch my food helpings using small plates and also increase my exercise levels. I've bought a Fitbit Ultra from Amazon (QVC sell the Fitbits but they are currently waitlisted) as I got fed up waiting for the Fitbit Flex wristband to be released.

The Fitbit family are glorified pedometers but it uploads to the internet your step, stairs and sleep (the Ultra does this - some of the others have more limited functionality) and I am trying to do 5000 steps a day and then 10000 at weekends. There are weekly, monthly and yearly totals so hope what I don't achieve one week, I can make up for the next week, month. I am ignoring the calories burned bit as not useful for weightloss. I have it round my neck on an old lanyard from work as many people have lost theirs (that was why I was waiting for the Fitbit Flex wristband that is waterproof too).

So far it is good and I am definitely more motivated to walk the number of steps that I have set myself. Of course the weather is good too - will be interesting to see what happens in the winter

I have defected and left WeightWatchers!! I've lost heart with dieting and need to lose 25lbs, but can't summon up the enthusiasm for points any longer, so last night I went to my local Slimming World. At the moment my head is in a bit of a tizzy trying to work out Food Optimising and syns, but I expect I'll get used to it and I hope to see the weight drop off! Some of my work colleagues are members of SW and have had fantastic results, including a bride-to-be who has 6.5 stone off, so here's hoping! I should add that I used to weigh in at 17 stone and I'm still 5stone lighter than I was 4 years ago, but anyone who has ever lost weight has knows just how easy it is to let things slip and start to pile it on again. Fingers crossed...I'm off to make a big batch of free soup!

Last edited:
Calvin i went back last week after my holiday and before that we lost my father in law so had a few months of not watching what i ate so put on 8.5lbs. I have lost 3.5lbs this week after sticking to slimming world. Extra easy is great because you can eat meat and carbs together ect so good luck.

So far, I am loving SW. I'm on the EE plan, Miss Molly and haven't had to make too many drastic changes to my eating. I gave the cider a miss last night though!! It weakens my resolve too much, never mid the huge amount of Syns! And well done on your weight-loss, despite going through tough times.

Having been off the wagon for about 5/6 months now due to a range of things that are far to boring to go into right now, I am looking at going back to a "slimming club" of some sort.
I lost just over 5 stone on WW but like Calvin I have lost the will to "point" everything I eat.
I will watch with interest how you are getting on with slimming world.
I have put back on about 21lb and have to take control NOW or it will ALL go back on plus extra.
Good luck with slimming world.

Hi Ladies, nice to see that your all still around. i cancelled my ww subscription after i reached my target at Xmas, and I havent been back since. The weight is trying to creep back up and im fighting like mad to keep it down. Im out of my 5lb zone by 5lbs and im fluctuating up and down. Its really difficult to get back on track. Im with you regarding the boredom of counting points but i keep hoping it will come back. Im intending to re-join ww this coming Thursday and hope this gives me back a bit of fight to get back in control.

Dont give up ladies xxx

I haven't posted on this one for a while as so far I've lost 41lbs and I'm still maintaining it. It's not easy at times but I'm determined its never ever going back on. Good Luck to everyone trying to lose weight, you will get there.

Latest posts

Back