2013 Support thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I got a huge shock when I went back to Weightwatchers and I am now 22lbs above my goal weight, and (obviously!) having to pay again. Next week I will buy the pre-pay as that forces me to go every week. Some of you will have read my story here, but for the newbies, I lost 100lbs in 20 months and to say that my life changed would be an understatement. I started to lose weight so I would be able to wear fitted clothes in bright colours, but soon realised the health benefits. I also developed a love of exercise, but over the last months the exercise has tailed of and the eating has become a little (ok, a lot) out of control, but I am back on track NOW!
I have attached a couple of pics of the 'before' and 'after' me...I want to get back to the one on the rght!

untitled.jpg319982_2471168102643_1355605936_32909963_662221910_n[1].jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Calvin - 100 pounds what an achievement, you look great. Dont be too down on yourself about the gain though - just think, 2 pounds a week for 10 weeks and you will be back to the piccie on the right. Your story has definately spured me on, thanks for sharing!

Wow Calvin, that is really impressive. Encouraging me to keep going. And to abandon my idea that just a couple of stone would do - need to lose 4 stone to be at my "perfect weight" .
:mysmilie_5:

Well, just weighed in tonight - lost 1.5 pounds! Not bad I suppose, at least its in the right direction - total so far 10.5 pounds. Feeling a little impatient today, wanted more to come off! lol. Maybe I shouldnt have had my dinner before I went and got weighed - who I am kidding!! Actually, as long as it drops something each week I shall be pleased.
Good luck to everyone else this week, let us know how you get on!

Well i have to be honest and didn't go last week, been off the rails, but am facing the music tonight.

Don't know what went wrong, but hopefully on the straight and narrow now.

Reflex, for added incentive, why not hang your lovely wedding dress on the wardrobe door so it gives
you more reason to keep at it every time you look at it. I used to do that before when i lost weight.

So , face the music time tonight for SB. gulp

I have reached my target weight and kept it off ( which I think is harder) for 12 months now, but I still go to my class every week instead of once a month as I could easily put it all back again. Well done reflexgirl and Calvin!

I have reached my target weight and kept it off ( which I think is harder) for 12 months now, but I still go to my class every week instead of once a month as I could easily put it all back again. Well done reflexgirl and Calvin!
Well done Nora. You are right it is difficult to keep to your target weight. I have reached my target weight because I was I'll. Do you have any tips as to how you are managing to maintain your current weight?

Well i have to be honest and didn't go last week, been off the rails, but am facing the music tonight.

Don't know what went wrong, but hopefully on the straight and narrow now.

Reflex, for added incentive, why not hang your lovely wedding dress on the wardrobe door so it gives
you more reason to keep at it every time you look at it. I used to do that before when i lost weight.

So , face the music time tonight for SB. gulp

Good luck tonight Sparklybarbs, maybe it wont be as bad as you are imagining!

Not a bad idea about a dress etc - but I havent bought one yet! I dont want a "proper" wedding dress (too old for that!) just a nice dress. Went to have a look around Canterbury today and NOTHING grabbed me. Could always ditch the diet and opt for a kaftan and birkenstocks I suppose!:thinking:

Well went and put on 2 and a half pounds in two weeks, and its not too bad, considering i was out to dinner and
eating bread all round me. So back to porridge and stir fry ready for dinner in work tomorrow, and plenty of fruit.
I knew if i didn;t go back tonight that would have been me off it again, so at least thats over. Phew.
Good luck girls

Good luck tonight Sparklybarbs, maybe it wont be as bad as you are imagining!

Not a bad idea about a dress etc - but I havent bought one yet! I dont want a "proper" wedding dress (too old for that!) just a nice dress. Went to have a look around Canterbury today and NOTHING grabbed me. Could always ditch the diet and opt for a kaftan and birkenstocks I suppose!:thinking:

Bob Mackie on Q does a wonderful kaftan in dayglo green...Just a thought :thinking::giggle:

Awww Barb, My mum reminded me of the old cabbage, onion, carrot & tinned tomato soup trick :wink: It's a quick fix result but just made a large batch & had some before meals so my portions were smaller. Also had some when I felt peckish. It's worked a treat, can't believe it, fulid retention's calmed down significantly, (goes up & down at times of the month) & weight seems to have gone down too. Nice one Mother, she knows best eh.

Just read your posts again RG and you've done brill so much better than me, so i have to try really hard this week and catch up on you lol.
Nikki , i;ve made a similiar soup from slimming world with carrots onions celery chicken stock cube and tinned tomatoes at the end. Its called super free and you can eat as much as you want, and you can add flavouring of garlic, ginger anything . Very nice and filling

Well done Nora. You are right it is difficult to keep to your target weight. I have reached my target weight because I was I'll. Do you have any tips as to how you are managing to maintain your current weight?

Thanks iloveS! Hope you are better now, I just have smaller portions, one trick is that I have a slightly smaller plate than the rest of the family, it really works! But I don't deny myself anything such as chocolate, I just buy smaller bars for me and hide them from everyone, cos they are mine lol. If I feel that I've gone mad one day then I cut back the next. hope this helps?

I dish out what is a 'reasonable' portion on my plate. The remainder is placed immediately in the quick-freeze department. Or I top the leftovers with WashingUpLiquid and place in the rubbish. Or, I put it out for the birds. Wasteful, I know £/food-wise. But DrasticMeasures are called for when I 'hear' the Goodies calling my name. This method ensures that, a) I Really want that food and b) I buy a minimum amount of Goodies. x Snarly PS: Calvin, you look Fab-u-lous, Thanks for the pictures. Be proud of your Self :heart:

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm not long in from WeightWatchers and I lost 2lbs this week, which has spurred me on. I have been trying to re-start all the good habits I learned at WeightWatchers and the smaller plate trick is one of the best, Nora.

This week I will try to plan my meals ahead so I don't fall into the takeaway/ready meal trap, which can be fatal. The canteen in work doesn't seem to serve very healthy choices, never mind the added expense of buying lunch daily, so getting up 10 minutes earlier to pack something sensible seems the way to go.

Have a great weight-loss week everyone x

Hello everyone, I'm not long in from WeightWatchers and I lost 2lbs this week, which has spurred me on. I have been trying to re-start all the good habits I learned at WeightWatchers and the smaller plate trick is one of the best, Nora.

This week I will try to plan my meals ahead so I don't fall into the takeaway/ready meal trap, which can be fatal. The canteen in work doesn't seem to serve very healthy choices, never mind the added expense of buying lunch daily, so getting up 10 minutes earlier to pack something sensible seems the way to go.

Have a great weight-loss week everyone x

Well done Calvin, that's great! I lost half a pound so happy with that.

Another tip, which I'm sure we've all heard of, is brushing your teeth after eating. I use WeledaSaltToothpaste and after a week of ThisTastesYucky, I now like the clean feeling left in my mouth. And drinking water immediately after makes the water taste delicious and I can down half-a-litre. I'm another one who tries to stay SLS and paraben-free. x Snarly

Snarly its not as nice as putting a couple of squares of Dairy Milk in yuur mouth and sucking and sucking them,
until they melt away. Or easter eggs, why do they taste so nice. Yummy. (is there any hope for me sticking
to this damm diet) hehehe

Weighed in last night and had lost 1.5 pounds, quite pleased as it brings the total lost to 12 pounds so far. It is a bit of a slog at the moment. I think its all to easy to eat the same things and I feel I need to do some different things as I'm getting a little bored. Didn't stay to the meeting last night either (probably should have done)!
Snarly - I also clean my teeth when I have finished eating and it really does work for me!

Thats brill reflexgirl, thats nearly a stone. I'm going tonight, just had shower etc. Think i've done okay, i've tried to be
good. Will let you know later. And congratulations xx

Latest posts

Back