An Elemis TSV before Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tsv is excellent value I would love to try the monoi melt

I have very sensitive skin and find Elemis is too highly perfumed for me at the moment, my skin is much more sensitive in the winter than in the summer.

I think it will sell out quite early even with 90000 as it you are a regular user you will stockpile at that price

She uses a lot of "pseudo-science" when she's on QVC but I cannot quite believe a lot of it. I would like someone to ask her a question such as "what is an enzyme?" because I'm not entirely sure she would be able to answer.

I like Keeley. I think she comes across as very passionate about her products. I saw her FB page comments and think they have been taken the wrong way, which is very easy to do on email. I think people be more careful about what they write about someone they have never met, it can be so hurtful. Ok, products and personalities don't suit everyone but you have the choice whether to watch/order/listen, but please don't attack someone for their love of their job. Sorry, but that really got to me.

I have ordered my TSV and thank Keeley for always bringing us the best beauty TSVs.:happy:

i must admit even though i cannot use elemis face products the tsv is very good. much better than the overated l'occitane which is my fav brand. was not remotely interested in it.

enjoy your elemis what a bargain.

And what a bargain!!
ml for ml approx £135.00, so including p&p for one set, each item is a 3rd of the price.. Thats my Xmas prezzie to me justified!

Last edited:
I ordered two because I love the face cream and need cleanser at the moment, however I was a bit disappointed you can't use the gel for eye make-up so I can't imagine this replacing the radiance cleanser for me. Great value and I hope the body lotion is better than the ginger one in a previous TSV; it's smelt like tomato soup on me but my husband uses it and it just smells like after shave on him.

Super TSV for a change. Just ordered the one. I just watched the TSV presentation online, as I never bother watching QVC any more and I must say I was truly shocked at how much our actual literal resident beauty expert has aged since I last tuned in :eek: She looks like Judy Finnegan. It took me a few seconds to work out which presenter it was, I thought at first it was Anne Dawson.

I am dying to ring up and ask her why if her products are so fantastic,is her forehead so wrinkly and suggest she use some Nivea!

Yes I am sure you are but my guess is you won't.

So much easier to make personal comments about someone's appearance from the safety of an anonymous pc.

Back to cyber wilderness for me.

I've ordered one, I'm almost out of PCMC anyway so perfect timing.

I think Keely is looking lovely! I love the fact she's enthusiastic, I feel like that when products actually work for me, far better presentations to be like that, than like a tedious miserable robot :happy:

Keely sweetie for the millionth time mineral oil doesn't block the skin and flowers picked at twighlight do not have magic properties. The stupidity of that girl never ceases to amaze. But then again she's a beauty therapist what can you expect.

http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/11/28/the-top-5-myths-about-mineral-oil-part-1/

Mineral oil is a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline, if you were at the distillation process, would you really want to smear your face in it? I know I wouldn't! And actually it DOES block the skin, your link above even says that it can exacerbate acne!

When did Keeley say that picking the flowers at twilight has 'magic properties'? I must have missed that. They pick them at that time because that's the best time to pick them.

Also why call her stupid? That's a bit unnecessary. I suppose you're a rocket scientist with a bit of spare time on your hands to watch shopping telly?!

If she never ceases to amaze you, you're obviously watching her a lot so how about just switching the telly off?!

Super TSV for a change. Just ordered the one. I just watched the TSV presentation online, as I never bother watching QVC any more and I must say I was truly shocked at how much our actual literal resident beauty expert has aged since I last tuned in :eek: She looks like Judy Finnegan. It took me a few seconds to work out which presenter it was, I thought at first it was Anne Dawson.

That's funny........ a few days ago everyone was going on about the work she must have had done! :confused:

Keely sweetie for the millionth time mineral oil doesn't block the skin and flowers picked at twighlight do not have magic properties. The stupidity of that girl never ceases to amaze. But then again she's a beauty therapist what can you expect.

How rude is that? Just because you are a beauty therapist doesn't make you stupid! Anyway but she's also a sales woman & a successful salon owner!

I like her, she answered a question for me on FB a while ago and she was helpful & pleasant.

She's also made a comment on her FB re the snooty comments. I think sometimes comments that are written down rather than said can come across differently and I think that this may be the case here.

Anyway I bought one set and can't wait for it to arrive : )

She uses a lot of "pseudo-science" when she's on QVC but I cannot quite believe a lot of it. I would like someone to ask her a question such as "what is an enzyme?" because I'm not entirely sure she would be able to answer.

I like Keeley. I think she comes across as very passionate about her products. I saw her FB page comments and think they have been taken the wrong way, which is very easy to do on email. I think people be more careful about what they write about someone they have never met, it can be so hurtful. Ok, products and personalities don't suit everyone but you have the choice whether to watch/order/listen, but please don't attack someone for their love of their job. Sorry, but that really got to me.

I have ordered my TSV and thank Keeley for always bringing us the best beauty TSVs.:happy:

I'm sorry you think my reply was hurtful but it was not intended to be hurtful and I chose my words very carefully before posting. I don't see how my post attacks Keely for her love of the job and my comment does not relate to anything she has posted on Facebook. I didn't criticise Keeley's appearance, I didn't say she's not a nice person nor did I criticise her English, I merely commented on how she comes across to me when she presents on QVC. I stand by what I said, I'm not entirely convinced when she uses "science" to sell her products.

I agree that people should be careful about what they say about people they haven't met, you have said that I have done something very hurtful, did you consider that your post is hurtful to me?

I find Keeley to be rather obnoxious. and patronising..but the funny thing is her diction is really quite apalling.
She often mis pronounces words, or uses them in the wrong context.

I am dying to ring up and ask her why if her products are so fantastic,is her forehead so wrinkly and suggest she use some Nivea!

Perhaps it's just me but I find these comments to be pure nastiness, they add nothing helpful to the thread or any discussion about the TSV.

IMO all of these products use pseudo-science! Ever listened to a L'Oreal commercial? Or Activia? Of course Keeley spouts it, she sells it. No different to any other guest on there IMO and at least she comes across as genuine and nice.

Why is it that if you order the TSV on line you automatically get the 4 payment option. As far as I can see there is no way of changing that - is there a way?

There is a revise order button on the review order page - when you click on this it takes you to a revise order page. Click on change check out and continue check out on the next page and it takes you to a shipping options page. One of the options you can change is whether you wish to pay in installments and you just untick the box.

Hope this helps.

Only just got up (heavy works party:wink:) and haven't even switched the TV on yet. Guess I'm not that interested afterall!! Have they sold out yet? Had a long hard think and the only thing I would really want is the shower cream, and I have a 400ml unopened at the mo, not to mention half the stock of Philosophy gels for Christmas! I'm putting my money towards something I really want instead, rather than buying for the sake of. Boy it feels good :cool: Hope you all enjoy your kits :nod:

HTML:
Mineral oil is a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline,

I'm sorry I don't understand your point. Petroleum is a natural product and the mineral oil used in the face care industry is cosmetic grade it cannot become solid and does not clog pores no matter how many misinformed beauty experts tell you it does. Mineral oil is one of the cheapest safest ingredients in skincare. It is even good for wound healing. Don't be a numpty and take what these self appointed proffesionals tell you at face value.

HTML:
she answered a question for me on FB a while ago and she was helpful & pleasant.
I do wonder what the question was and whether she answered it correctly :tongue:
HTML:
They pick them at that time because that's the best time to pick them.

LOL why?
HTML:
your link above even says that it can exacerbate acne
The reason that might happen is because a very oily or acne prone skin does not need any more emollient and an excess of any oil including mineral oil can be harmful.

I certainly did turn her off as soon as I ordered the TSV. Even rocket scientists have to take their make off and the smell of monoi de tahiti is simply georgous.

As for her being stupid I judge her on what she actually says and for the small amount of time I watch her the amount of disinformation she comes out with is staggering. So either she hasn't taken the time to educate herself or she is completely duplicitous. It's all pseudo science, we all know that, but there are rules about online selling (quite rightly to) and it makes me cross when she ( and other sellers on QVC - she doesn't get special treatment) flout them either deliberately or through plain ignorance (stupidity).

If people are peddling disinformation I will call them on it.

elemis,decleor,clarins,evelom,liz earle et all

all the above premium brands give me boils and spots and i know i am not the only one to say this. mineral oil based products are used by plastic surgeons and doctors. it is quite inert whereas some of the ingredients in these highly perfumed produts are there to make you feel nice when you slap it on. they are just as or even more irritating than using a petroleum based product.

i do believe that there is too much claims made in the beauty industry as at most they temporarily plump out lines and make your skin feel more comfortable. and lets be honest nivea and ponds have been doing that for a long long time for the mass market and most folks can
use them without any trauma to the skin.

keeley is a good sales woman with pippa going all hysterical to push the 80,000 units they want to sell. at less than £8 a piece its a cheap tsv.

enjoy stock up if it suits you and feel sorry for the mugs spending the full price for this pusedo science stuff.

all the above premium brands give me boils and spots and i know i am not the only one to say this. mineral oil based products are used by plastic surgeons and doctors. it is quite inert whereas some of the ingredients in these highly perfumed produts are there to make you feel nice when you slap it on. they are just as or even more irritating than using a petroleum based product.

This is absolutely true. In my job, I speak to dermatologists in hospitals and GPs with an interest in dermatology regularly and pretty much ALL the medical grade skincare ranges contain mineral oil. It's an emollient, used to moisturise the skin - something it does well.

There's nothing wrong with more "natural" ingredients of course, they work too, but it's (for me at least) a matter of personal preference, or what I can afford at the time, be that mineral oil or natural based. Keeping the skin moist and hydrated, by whatever suits you is the most important think I think.

Latest posts

Back