Another swizz re. silver

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Yet another swizz with a silver TSV. Another load of dyed stones with the merest hint of silver.
Come on QVC, I was looking forward to a nice bit of PROPER silver, not this Lola Rose lookalike stuff.
They could have done so much better, what IS their obsession with these tumbled 10 a penny stone items?:sad:

Does the dye wear off on these pieces or does it go right through the stones? I believe they may fade:confused:

Does the dye wear off on these pieces or does it go right through the stones? I believe they may fade:confused:

Beading Belle has made me a couple of pieces well over a year ago and I'm presuming the agate was dyed but they still look as vibrant as ever. Perhaps BB or another beader can supply an answer- and I could be wrong about the dying process.

I was watching the Britney episode of Glee last night and the dentist disclosing tablets they were using remind me of these dyed stones: the way the colour saturation varies. :giggle: The disco-ball facetting is naff. I said the same thing about the lack of silver when SCW posted the pics of the TSV last week. Very poor!

Jude xx

Prefer a much more natural look.

QVC are making it just so easy NOT to buy, these days.

:giggle:

I never like these pieces they bring to air.

I bought the necklace and earrings set in the sandstone collection TSV they had last year - went back straight away!

I was looking forward to this tsv. How can they call it 'love silver'. Should have named it agate tat. It looks cheap and nasty. The fastener is just horrible. You could get something similar for a couple of quid from a market stall. They are just selling a load of rubbish these days. At least I'm saving my money. :yawn: :yawn: :mysmilie_490:

The TSV is awful. I can't understand why the show was called love silver either. Why can't we have something in silver that is worth buying. They have some nice rings on the website, maybe something like that as a TSV. I brought the sliced agate pendant last year, was awful went straight back. Still at least my money is safe again, excellent. Thank you QVC

I went to a small local market this weekend and one vendor had a whole table of bracelets that were identical to these and all for £1. In fact, they were nicer as they didn't have that horrible fastner. QVC are a joke!

There must be some trading standards rule about product description. I'm pretty sure that no one watching is going to think the TSV qualifies as silver. Although even the "normal" silver hasn't been any good. I'm thinking of that awful beaded bracelet TSV a week or so ago. I posted at the time but they went back right away. They looked like cake dragees.

I suppose with the escalating price of precious metals QVC are just trying to minimise the expensive 'ingredients' and maximise the cheap ones :hi: By including beads which have probably only cost them pennies they can maintain their profit margin :cheeky:

The colours are too gaudy and garish. I could understand if they were just enhancing the natural colour but none of these colours is "natural". There are so many places on the "High Street" nowadays that sell good fashion jewellery and reasonably priced silver pieces.

You only have to Google silver jewellery and get some good websites. I got a sweetie style bracelet with black onyx beads before Christmas for £64 with no P & P from a website I found and it arrived fairly quickly. I know that the price of gold has gone up and we hardly ever see any of that these days but jewellery used to be the main stay of QVC, everyone must remember the days when they won awards for their jewellery. This could link to other threads about how their stuff generally has gone down the pan!!

I keep looking at the jewellery they have on now and again, hoping there will be something nice to 'treat myself' lol (also my sister's birthday coming up), but no, nothing yet I've been drawn to and this TSV is just horrible! Yes, you can get much nicer things at Avon! or any of the high street shops at better prices too.

This TSV is just awful.
Even my husband noticed it & said what cheap tat.

Was looking forward to today, hoping for something good in silver, earrings perhaps, but it really helps me save money!

With everyone having higher bills & prices for the necessities of life, you'd think QVC would be making an extra effort to tempt us instead of peddling such obvious rubbish. Especially as the extra VAT & high P&P makes people consider more.

The best bit was when Jilly said during the tsv presentation that it was a great bargain coming in at WAY UNDER £20 - I don't consider £19.98 much under £20 myself :angry:

I agree, my money is safe as I was hoping for a substantial silver piece and not dyed agate. Q do have some very good silver ranges and the TSV is disappointing to say the least.:dull:

Latest posts

Back