Katherine

Mine was all day yesterday (and has continued into today). Problems are:-

No Live Feed.
No sound to Live Feed
Not able to login

Chat is working fine
Pictures of the auctions under the live feed is ok
I can hear the lock in sound
Able to access CR website without problem but can't get into basket from there either.

Things I've tried that haven't worked:

Deleted cookies, temp internet files etc
Re-booted
Adjusted security settings
Added Rocks as a "trusted Site"

I'm using IE v8. Firewall/virus protection is AVG.

Everything worked fine on Saturday. So it's got to be something that happened after I logged off on Saturday.

If I use Firefox I can get the Live Feed and sound but still can't log in.

Hope that helps.

No idea whats been going on but i crashed out of Rocks last night and couldn't re-connect, ended up missing out on a requested item too.

Oh, flamin' 'eck, I'm now stuck in the 'can't log in' glitch too! :angry:
Have emailed Rocks but as I've tried everything imaginable, have run out of options at this point! Grrr!

I still can't log in :(

That's what's worrying me most Meeshoo, the fact that you've had problems for so long!

Like you, I've tried all the usual, clearing cookies/history, restarting browser, trying three different browsers, rebooting computer, rebooting box itself, still nothing! Gah!

Appears not to be a browser problem, so either a server problem (but if so, why do some peeps seem to have problems all the time?) or maybe a problem to do with BT - are you with BT by any chance?

BT doesn't like Rocks for some reason, Kitten. BT Yahoo is my usual browser but when I want to watch Rocks I have to open another browser. IE or Firefox both work for me. Hope this helps.

BT is my Internet Provider but I usually use Firefox as I hate I.E. & BT Yahoo with a passion - still wonder if they might be to blame though, smelly old BT, blame them for everything! lol

:headbang::headbang::headbang: :yawn2::giggle:

Appears not to be my computer as just tried via DD's & she can't log on either, so almost certainly a problem at Rocks end then!
All other sites working perfectly normally! :doh:

Same problems for me yesterday. I first noticed it in the afternoon about 3pm - on Firefox I had no live feed but I could log on. Also when I was on the "coloured rocks" page I had a little live feed in the usual place in the middle of the screen. On IE I had the live fed but it was coming in bursts giving the chipmunk effect and lagging behind the live auctions. It was still the same after about 8.45 pm when I tried again.
As for everyone else I tried refresh, reboot, clearing cookies - and nothing worked..... really irritating but it saved me spending!

It's become a nightmare of late all my other sites work fine barr Rocks lately ...:down:

Hello everyone,

There are a few different issues here. First, we made some back-end changes to our video players yesterday at the request of the hosting company. For some people, the old player has stayed in their 'cache' and this is why they can't see the live feed. Deleting temporary internet files etc should resolve this.

Second, there is an issue for some people where they cannot login or stay logged in. It happens occasionally on my Mac and for me it is solved by quitting Firefox and logging in. We also know that the BT Yahoo browser just simply will not work with our site for some reason. Switching to Firefox will usually fix that. When I've seen it happen on Firefox on a PC, deleting temporary internet files and so on normally does the trick.

There's a third issue that happens with some people towards the end of the 'billing cycle' for their internet service provider - if the provider thinks they have used too much bandwidth then they 'throttle' it which may cause stream problems and so on.

If you experience any of these problems, I'd be really grateful if you could email me at [email protected] with:
- your username
- the time and date it happened
- what page you were on
- what actually happened
- details about your computer, internet browser and so on.

That way, we can look in to what is causing the issue and try and fix it for you.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Thanks for all the info John. It helps such a lot to know what ou have done at your end and I shall go through it all systematically later today.

That's what's worrying me most Meeshoo, the fact that you've had problems for so long!

Like you, I've tried all the usual, clearing cookies/history, restarting browser, trying three different browsers, rebooting computer, rebooting box itself, still nothing! Gah!

Appears not to be a browser problem, so either a server problem (but if so, why do some peeps seem to have problems all the time?) or maybe a problem to do with BT - are you with BT by any chance?

No hun. I use IE and occasionally Firefox and can't log in with either.

John - I'm afraid that nothing you've identified has helped me. I still can't log in (please see below)

Hello everyone,

There are a few different issues here. First, we made some back-end changes to our video players yesterday at the request of the hosting company. For some people, the old player has stayed in their 'cache' and this is why they can't see the live feed. Deleting temporary internet files etc should resolve this. I deleted temp internet files and that hasn't worked.

Second, there is an issue for some people where they cannot login or stay logged in. It happens occasionally on my Mac and for me it is solved by quitting Firefox and logging in. We also know that the BT Yahoo browser just simply will not work with our site for some reason. Switching to Firefox will usually fix that. When I've seen it happen on Firefox on a PC, deleting temporary internet files and so on normally does the trick. I can't log in using IE or Firefox. I don't use BT. The last time I was unable to log in, it lasted for about 4 months. This time it's been about 2 weeks.

There's a third issue that happens with some people towards the end of the 'billing cycle' for their internet service provider - if the provider thinks they have used too much bandwidth then they 'throttle' it which may cause stream problems and so on. No. I'm on the unlimited package.

If you experience any of these problems, I'd be really grateful if you could email me at [email protected] with:
- your username
- the time and date it happened
- what page you were on
- what actually happened
- details about your computer, internet browser and so on. Already done so.

That way, we can look in to what is causing the issue and try and fix it for you.

Kind regards

John Bennett

In short John, I believe that something must happen at your end that blocks certain accounts from logging in. As I've said before, this has happened to me twice and for extended periods of time. I've done absolutely everything I've been asked to clear the problem and it hasn't resolved. I know it must be at your end because I'm not having problems with any other internet sites. I do hope you find a solution because I keep seeing yummy stuff and can't bid on them!

Meeshoo, tried to PM you but you're not accepting PMs, any chance you could PM me though? Have managed to log in but don't want to splurge how on forum 'til had confirmation from techie guys on something!

Hi Meesho,

I think what might be good is to get Andy to give you a call so he can try and work out what is going on. If you drop me a mail with when would be a good time for him to call you, I'll get him to give you a call next week.

Hope that helps,

John

I can't log in now. I've switched from IE to Firefox (grrr....hate Firefox), cleared history and temp files, restarted the pc etc. It was great until 5pmish today, then no joy. I'll try again tomorrow and if I can't log on I'll be in touch with you John.

Latest posts

Back