Aveda & Michael DiCesare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

star234

Guest Shopper
I have a vague recolllection of reading a threat sometime ago about these two coming back to QVC.
Have I missed them? Have they returned? Does anyone have any details of if/when???
Thank you

Hiya - not sure about Aveda, but there was another thread on here that said Michael DiCesare's original visit was cancelled - I think there is a new show pencilled in for 16th December in the early evening. But I'm not holding my breath this time ;)

Pssssss!!!!!!!!

Speaking to someone who worked at an Aveda counter until a few months back.
Rumour has it that Estee Lauder want rid of Aveda, its not making money for them and they are cutting the dead wood. If no one buys then it will be doing the Prescriptives and going. Origins is also losing money for EL too.

How odd that Origins should suddenly show up on QVC again...;) *sigh* I do wish Le Q wouldn't do this with brands...

Pssssss!!!!!!!!

Rumour has it that Estee Lauder want rid of Aveda, its not making money for them and they are cutting the dead wood. If no one buys then it will be doing the Prescriptives and going. Origins is also losing money for EL too.

Say it isn't so donna! I worried when Aveda was sold to Estee Lauder that this could be the kiss of death for the brand - how dedicated is Estee Lauder to natural cosmetics?! If this does come to pass, I just hope some smart investor comes along and cleans up the brand across the board (getting rid of some of the nasties that remain in some Aveda products eg talc, silicones, all preservatives, photosensitising oils in facial cosmetics... ) and make it truly the success I think it deserves to be. I think this is the problem: the range aims at those who buy into natural cosmetics and has succeeded in not using artificial fragrance or petrochemicals in ALL of the range, but only REALLY does the business, as far as I'm concerned, with the Uruku range (which only uses plant extract for colouring the lip, cheek/lip, and lip/eye pencils in this line) - but the Uruku range is only small part of Aveda.

I used Aveda for years, then moved onto Ojon - now also owned by EL. Wouldn't go back, tho' still think shampure is the nicest smelling shampoo. Very occasionally still get some of their skincare. ;)

Have never used any of their skincare, but some hand creme and foot creme, but I do like their shampoos. Bit of a pfaff to go into town and get it though, hence I was hoping QVc would get it again, the TSV's used to be good. Usually get it of e*** now.

That was the thing for poor Aveda. EL thought the brand was too high market for old QVC and should only be in department stores, highend salons or where they always have been online. Then they pulled them from Debenhams, so the only department store is House of Fraser who always did stock it even in the QVC days.

Another thing EL did was suddenly discontinued loads of old faithfuls Exlir for one. Then start bringing out new ranges within the haircair and then changing the makeup and skincare too. Every few months it seemed EL had a new range of haircare for some type of hair.

EL in the 90's and early 00's started rushing round buying up loads of cosmetic companies. One of their big mistakes was poor Stila, Jeanne Lobell who started the company sold it to EL and they treated it like crap. They dumped down on the quality of products, the eyeshadows even shown a brush and you got a massive dent in the pan. The older ones never did that. Then they started rushing out new collections every 3 or 4 months as MAC do. But Stila never could be MAC who are used on 90% of runway shows world wide. People stopped buying and then EL got rid of Stila, the new owners are believed to be DuWop and it was within drawn worldwide now only in the US.

Things are tough in the US market for cosmetics so that is why EL is cutting the dead wood. Strangely Prescriptives sold well in Europe and the UK, but because it no longer did well in the US market. EL decided to kill it altogther.

Pssssss!!!!!!!!

OMG no shampure :mad::mad:

I've managed to wean myself off Aveda shampoo apart from their detox stuff which is the best around. I do adore their Air Control hairspray and Phomollient and will be totally gutted at having to find new styling products!

With luck the guy who started Aveda Horst?, could find others and buy it back again and return to the way it used to be.

As I said for a few years EL was buying up anything that moved in the cosmetic world.

Jo Malone
Bobbi Brown
MAC
Creme De La Mer

Are the big ones.

They started Origins and Prescriptives themselves.

Only last year they where in a bidding war to buy YSL cosmetics, L'Oreal beat them.

The only brands who make money for EL are

Estee Lauder
Clinique
MAC(this was not mentioned to me, but they must!)
Bobbi Brown

Jo Malone
Creme De La Mer
both are considered high end niche and that is why they will be kept.

With luck the guy who started Aveda Horst?, could find others and buy it back again and return to the way it used to be.

As I said for a few years EL was buying up anything that moved in the cosmetic world.

Jo Malone
Bobbi Brown
MAC
Creme De La Mer

Are the big ones.

They started Origins and Prescriptives themselves.

Only last year they where in a bidding war to buy YSL cosmetics, L'Oreal beat them.

The only brands who make money for EL are

Estee Lauder
Clinique
MAC(this was not mentioned to me, but they must!)
Bobbi Brown

Jo Malone
Creme De La Mer
both are considered high end niche and that is why they will be kept.

what bout Ojon? perhaps thats why Aveda's going however loads of hairdressers use Aveda tbh I have a friend who is a top dog at El in their HR and Aveda are according to her here to stay so who knows....

Oh interesting. The person I spoke to works in a department store. Yes Aveda is used in salons. I do remember the early days of Aveda, or rather when I heard about them back in the 90's. They where only in salons that used the brand. So it was foot fall customers she knows about.

No mention made of Ojon which is not in salons and only a few department stores and QVC. But then it was only bought out last year.

No sure if EL also owns Sisley cosmetics? Also heard rumours they also own Shu Uemura too?

Latest posts

Back