Back to who?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Since the Q viewers were involved in bidding for an item which turned out to be won under illegal means then I think that those same viewers deserve to be shown some respect by being told what is being done about it. The last legal bid should have been given the prize with DFB being made pay the amount she made for the illegal bid.

I agree with others that DF sitting laughing and preening with her cohorts, seemingly being treated like employee of the year by Q after such appaling behaviour sticks in my gut.

If it was Doris from where ever who had lost out on a £25 voucher it is one thing but let's not forget this is a CHARITY that was tainted.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Q or DF had recompensed anyone it would have been shouted from the rooftops which since it is all hush hush makes me very suspicious.

At the very least DF should have been off air pending an investigation.

As for other comments , yes it is a shopping channel but that's not how Q like to portray themselves, and as such we have as much right to dislike someone on our screens as if it was the BBC/ITV. Equally if a shop assistant in your local supermarket was a real horror you may have to still shop there but you don't like it one little bit and I'll bet there would be few who wouldn't moan to all and sundry about her. AND it is extremely unlikely that whilst she was serving you she was twatting to her friends drumming up support.

yes it is a shopping channel but that's not how Q like to portray themselves, Ahah, yes, now let's not forget that. I have watched QVC since the beginning and I'm not afraid to say that there have been times over the years where I have been depressed, lonely and had my fair share of trouble. I, and I am sure I'm not alone, viewed the QVC presenters as my friends. I had the TV on when I was home just to hear people talking to me (pets can't talk) and then I would buy things and more things and if Dale said "oh go on treat yourself", I would buy yet more things. I have moved on and wised up but behind me there will be people just like me that spend money, often money they don't have, because my good old mate Debbie said it would be OK.

I know everyone needs to take responsibility for themselves and their actions but these days with Twitter and Facebook "clubs" and likes and friends, it's too easy to get further sucked in. Some presenters are good at it and Debbie is one of them. I cannot imagine anyone joining a Facebook page run by Charlie, or me for that matter lol.

CC

I know exactly where you're coming from CC; plus QVC know that new buyers are particularly susceptible during that early honeymoon period to buying lots and returning very little!

I know exactly where you're coming from CC; plus QVC know that new buyers are particularly susceptible during that early honeymoon period to buying lots and returning very little!

We have all been there and are now in the middle of divorce proceedings!

For puff's sake, there's now even a link advertising the latest book on the QVC homepage! Maybe we should all accept defeat in the face of an unstoppable force. Did Julia Roberts get that sort of promotion for her book? And I wonder if Jackie Kabler will get it when her books are published by an independent publisher? How does this woman do it???

edit: OMG. There's even a programme on it on QVC.

I need coffee.

:mysmilie_1:

Last edited:
Sod coffee, I need wine!

I think QVC are doing it on purpose because they know it annoys us! The fans of DF probably outnumber the detractors at least for now.

Sorry but I laughed my head off the other day when DF posted on her Back to You FB page that someone had registered as her on Uniform Dating. com. She was appealing for people to spread the word that it wasn`t her who`d done it. I know whoever did it was naughty but I couldn`t help laughing when I read it.

Perhaps someone should ring Debbie Flint live on air and ask if some of the profits from her book will go the BCC charity :devil:

Sorry but I laughed my head off the other day when DF posted on her Back to You FB page that someone had registered as her on Uniform Dating. com. She was appealing for people to spread the word that it wasn`t her who`d done it. I know whoever did it was naughty but I couldn`t help laughing when I read it.

She then Tweeted asking if anyone knew about getting a Norwich Pharmacal order so she could find out who was impersonating her on the net. FFS who does she think she is?

Am I being really stupid?

What does Back To You mean?

Do you mean what does the phrase mean or where does it come from? She presents a show of that name on QVC (Monday evenings?) and she has a Facebook group of the same name. If you are asking literally what does the phrase mean then IMHO it's pretty meaningless.

I think Debbie Flint shouts "Back to who" and her crazed followers shout "Debbie Flint" :mysmilie_454:

It's just another themed show where the same old stuff is wheeled out.........I think they're running out of themes. "Try something new ". seems to be the running theme at the moment.

Don't get a chance to see it often but, when I have, I don't get the "one minute challenge" bit. She assumes we all have the product which is the focus of said challenge and, if this was the case, why bother featuring it in the show? Or am I just being anal?:mysmilie_43:

It's some new-agey concept about finding your true self at your healthiest and happiest. Apparently.

I do not intend to cast aspersions upon any individual, this is an opinion, but on the BTY facebook page, what authority, if any, does DF's friend (I don't want to name anyone, although I'm sure you all know to whom I am referring) have? She comes across as promoting QVC, DF, products sold, as if she has an axe to grind? Every other post, is regarding an hour/item coming up on the Q. I know we don't have to read it and, essentially, she is doing nothing wrong; it is a genuine question, about her status. I hope no-one feels affronted.

Latest posts

Back