Bare Escentuals Foundation Beware!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am terribly sorry Tilly and anyone else but I have the last 2 finale powders mixed up, the yellow is for dark skin tones and the neutral is for the medium tones but I think the branca works well on an awful lot of what I would call the light end of medium.
Sorry for the booboo.

Kiran - you have done an incredible job and no worries at all.

Originally Christopher was just having the two shades of finale - the yellow and the neutral. Yellow is for olive/asian/black skintones and neutral for Caucasian skintones - it works on all but the very very fair.

Just Beauty Direct were the first to have the Branca powder and as you can see, we all adored it. Not white on the skin, not ashy, just incredibly soft, mattifying (without dulling the complexion) and brightening without adding shine. It also works with any make up brand!

And another thing . . .

Just looked at the CD powder. The colours are scary - my fair and slightly freckled skin is nothing like these shades. Presume they don't look like this when applied? How do I choose?

Tilly, the Light may be too dark for you (Light is the darkest shade) - CD is bringing our a lighter, creamier shade. It should have launched a short while ago, but he wasn't happy with the formulation so it was delayed a little. The foundation does colour adjust to your skin though so even if it looks too dark when you put it on, it does even out. You also need to look at the foundation in natural light as well as artificial light

Christopher is launching a women's kit in time for Christmas - this will have, amongst other things, three different shades of foundation in it so that people can custom blend as they choose.

Thanks JBD,

I have ordered the light and the fair foundation and the white powder - all in sample sizes - so I can experiment. I thought I could mix the foundations if necessary.

I shall look out for the new colour when it launches.

Despite having plenty of brushes, I ordered an Ultimate brush too.

Will the F.A.R.T.S be after me? LOL.

Thanks Slave to Fashion for this thread.

I hadn't twigged that the prickling was an indication of irritation until I read your thread. I thought I was ok with BE until yesterday I had a terrible reaction. My skin went red and raised in places and felt like it is on fire. I am surprised to read the links to find out that it isn't as natural as I thought it was.
I now have a load of BE I can't use and can't send back as I have given parts of the TSV away! Can anyone tell me have the eyeshadows got any of the iritating ingredients in?

To VALM and alibeth I have gone to Clinique for help to calm my skin down today and the lady has recommended the same powder in the same colour! She could not believe the reaction and gave me facial with some very soothing (and expensive!) cream which has helped. Still very sore though.:sad:

Very upset that I now have had a very strong reaction from using BE. I agree with other posters and would warn even if you have never reacted before if you would describe your skin as sensitive proceed with great care.

I find that the only time BE irritates is if I buff too much with their brushes, they are way to bristley. I use the Smashbox brushes and have no trouble. I really like BE.

I must say I'm surprised that Cazi suddenly had such a violent reaction to BE after using it, albeit with prickles, for a while. You'd think there must have been some other factor added into the equation (get me, going all mathematical :giggle:).

clemenzina

I must say I'm surprised that Cazi suddenly had such a violent reaction to BE after using it, albeit with prickles, for a while. You'd think there must have been some other factor added into the equation (get me, going all mathematical :giggle:).

clemenzina

I am too! It is a long time since I've had such a strong reaction. I haven't changed anything else in my routine except trying BE feather light mineral veil recently.

There is such a thing as a cumulative reaction, fine for a while, maybe a bit sensitive for while, then Bam! a real doozy of a reaction. Also could be an interaction with anything but as you haven't changed your skin care or other makeup that's not likely. Hope you feel better now, it's a horrible feeling.

Thanks Slave to Fashion for this thread.

I hadn't twigged that the prickling was an indication of irritation until I read your thread. I thought I was ok with BE until yesterday I had a terrible reaction. My skin went red and raised in places and felt like it is on fire. I am surprised to read the links to find out that it isn't as natural as I thought it was.
I now have a load of BE I can't use and can't send back as I have given parts of the TSV away! Can anyone tell me have the eyeshadows got any of the iritating ingredients in?

To VALM and alibeth I have gone to Clinique for help to calm my skin down today and the lady has recommended the same powder in the same colour! She could not believe the reaction and gave me facial with some very soothing (and expensive!) cream which has helped. Still very sore though.:sad:

Very upset that I now have had a very strong reaction from using BE. I agree with other posters and would warn even if you have never reacted before if you would describe your skin as sensitive proceed with great care.

So sorry to read of your reaction to BE cazimag. This is the kind of skin reaction I get to many beauty products due to my sensativity, and what promted me to originally post this thread. I usually patch test before using anything new, although it seems my eczema on my face has been caused by boots No7 foundation, they changed the formulation a few years ago but because I had always used it before I thought it could not be that causing my skin irritation. Just to let you know since using my clinque repairwear (liquid foundation) my skin has not felt this good in a very long time. I have quite fair skin and always had problems matching tone as many foundations seem to yellow/orange I have Ivory Petal which is a very good match to my natural pink skin tone.

I am so pleased my thread has bought this issue to the attention of so many, and at least now people using this product are aware of its contents, and if they suffer a reaction as you have, they know its probably the Bismuth.

Hope your reaction clears up soon and you have the same good results from your Clinique as I have.

i cant believe they market the product for sensitive skin when its not although i have never had any problems with it this post has made me more wary does anyone know if smashbox is good for sensitive skin cos im tempted to give it a go now there is a counter in the debenhams in the metrocentre. i find clarins skin care is the best for my sensitive spot prone skin its really gentle but does the job

I have sensitive / reactive / rosacea prone skin and have used Smashbox primer and foundation and had no probs. In the summer, I find the light primer is better. Not overly keen on Halo - it makes my pores look huge if I use it as a foundation, but is okay as a finishing powder (although wouldn't re-purchase).

Jayne at JBD does a colour match service for Smashbox foundations and tinted moisturisers - very reasonable and a good way for you to test the product out to see if it's compatible with your skin (pick up a Christopher Drummond foundation tester whilst you are there too!!).

I've tried to say that BE products contain this stuff, as I'm highly allergic to myself, none of them has ever appeared on the QVC site. Also received no joy from AY when I asked if she could recommend an alternative without it. Do you think it would be worth trying to phone in when here's next a BE show on QVC???
RG

Romangirl, to be honest I doubt they would put you through on air. They only want the oh I love you Tcallers. Now one woman recently on a different item got through and let them have it. :devil:

The trouble with QVC is the only push the brands they sell. AY will not tell you other brands unless QVC sell them. AY is at QVC to sell their products not ranges from other retailers. There is the new mineral makeup brand TSV on Wednesday but no idea if it will suit you or not?

Christopher Drummond is expensive but contains no nasties if it has to be mineral. Jayne Justbeautydirect does sell try me sizes.

Or go to the Clinique counter and ask for a sample of the one mentioned on this thread.

Latest posts

Back