Bare Escentuals Foundation Beware!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Christopher Drummond is unique in that it also does not contain Titanium Dioxide in the foundation, radiance booster and Finishing powder. This one of the reasons it is becoming so popular in the US.

If your buffing may be irritating your skin, please change your buffing brush. I Know this is marketing but the ultimate brushes are vegan friendly and incredibly soft. They area pleasure to use.

The ultimate brushes are GREAT. I have bought from you, Jayne. They are so soft and excellent quality. Some of the BE brushes are scratchy and rough. Surely not godd to be buff buff buffing all over face.
I would recommend the Ultimate brushes to anyone.

The ultimate brushes are GREAT. I have bought from you, Jayne. They are so soft and excellent quality. Some of the BE brushes are scratchy and rough. Surely not godd to be buff buff buffing all over face.

I second this. They are lovely and soft. I couldn't go back to to the BE brushes now. The goat hair is so scratchy.

Christopher Drummond is unique in that it also does not contain Titanium Dioxide in the foundation, radiance booster and Finishing powder. This one of the reasons it is becoming so popular in the US.

If your buffing may be irritating your skin, please change your buffing brush. I Know this is marketing but the ultimate brushes are vegan friendly and incredibly soft. They area pleasure to use.

That's interesting. I know that Titanium Dioxide doesn't look great in photos, so I've considered this myself. :clapping:

Love your ultimate brushes they are the softest I've ever used and great prices:nod::nod::nod:

I agree totally Snuffles & would also recommend the Ultimate brushes to anyone & everyone! The DDS have a few between them & love them, eldest even said the other day they have brought a few eye shadows back into use (that she virtually given up on!) as they make products so easy & smooth to apply!

Both DDs also have very sensitive skin & hate using scratchy brushes (teenagers so often being a bit stuck with cheap ones, simply because of the cost!) but the Ultimate ones are not only soft & easy to use, they're also very affordable!

That's interesting. I know that Titanium Dioxide doesn't look great in photos, so I've considered this myself. :clapping:

Hi Gem - that is absolutely right - that is why many professional make up artists advise against using mineral make up for weddings as the facial photographs can have a ghostly appearance due to the light reflecting properties.

Christopher Drummond is the only mineral range that doesn't have this in. He has worked very hard at this.

I have tried the BE products and hated the way they made my skin feel and look. I have quite sensitive skin and have to be care ful what I use or come out in huge painful spots. I can't go anywhere near Clinique foundations or skin care!

Christopher Drummond is the only mineral range that doesn't have this in.

I see that this is another range that includes non-mineral ingredients. I've just ordered some Elemental Beauty samples (as if I haven't got enough MMU) which an e-pal of mine swears has "cured" her eczema'd and blemish-prone skin.

Presumably neither of these ranges can claim to be "so pure you can sleep in it" because they contain ingredients that can support bacteria, unlike 100% minerals. Not that us goody-goodies would ever sleep in our makeup ;)

clemenzina

I see that this is another range that includes non-mineral ingredients. I've just ordered some Elemental Beauty samples (as if I haven't got enough MMU) which an e-pal of mine swears has "cured" her eczema'd and blemish-prone skin.

Presumably neither of these ranges can claim to be "so pure you can sleep in it" because they contain ingredients that can support bacteria, unlike 100% minerals. Not that us goody-goodies would ever sleep in our makeup ;)

clemenzina

Interesting point Clemenzina. I am not sure. It is right that the Christopher Drummond range has some quite powerful anti-oxidant ingredients in it - the Acai berry is very potent, and I think that is what makes my skin feel smoother when I use it. It also has essential oils. Christopher describes his range as beyond mineral make up.

Last edited:
Interesting point Clemenzina. I am not sure. It is right that the Christopher Drummond range has some quite powerful anti-oxidant ingredients in it - the Acai berry is very potent, and I think that is what makes my skin feel smoother when I use it. It also has essential oils. Christopher describes his range as beyond mineral make up.

Well as you know Blondie my skin is sensitive in the extreme but the CD range has worked brilliantly for performance and tolerance. BE looked fine on me but was irritating in sunlight.

been reading this with interest, can you ladies please tell me where I buy Christopher Drummond from?
thank you
will also have a look at the ultimate brushes

You can only get CD's range from just beauty direct in the UK. Click the link in post #29 and you will find beauty heaven :)

You can only get CD's range from just beauty direct in the UK. Click the link in post #29 and you will find beauty heaven :)

sorry, bit dense, barin switched off for the weekend, had a look but could not find it:sad:, have found it now, and will give it a try. Love the idea that you can buy sample sizes to try the colours. :flower:

Thanks for this post, Slave to Fashion.

I didn't realise that BE contained a known irritant like Bismuth. Like others on here I sometimes get itching and prickling and assumed it was because of the brush bristles.

I thought that BE didn't contain any nasties at all but see that it also contains Titanium Dioxide which according to my husband { who used to work for the company that makes this } can't be described as a natural mineral.

I was totally taken in by the sales spiel on QVC and trusted them so much I didn't actually check the ingredients properly and thought the itchiness I was getting couldn't be the product as it was all pure minerals.

I have now ordered some Christopher Drummond samples etc and some Ultimate brushes from Just Beauty Direct in the hopes they will be better for my sensitive skin.

OMG!! cannot believe AY has just said you can use BE on sensative and irritated skin on 4pm show this afternoon

Also stated only 4 or 5 ingredients no nasties!!!

We all have sensitivities to all different things. I have absolutely no problems with Bare Minerals but just say the word Clinique to me and I go running to the sink to scrub my face!

Why dont you like clinique? Have you had a reaction to it?:confused2:

Like you say, we all have sensativity to certain things, just a matter of finding what is best for us. However, just to be on the safe side, I always avoid known irritants as once I get a bad flare up it can take months to get rid of!!

Why dont you like clinique? Have you had a reaction to it?:confused2:

Like you say, we all have sensativity to certain things, just a matter of finding what is best for us. However, just to be on the safe side, I always avoid known irritants as once I get a bad flare up it can take months to get rid of!!

I had a terrible reaction to Clinique some years ago and the department store actually gave me my money back. I have used Bare Minerals for years and have had no reaction whatsoever!

Do you find BE exaggerates open pores? I have some BE but rarely use it as I find it too shiny.... a few ladies at work use it and their pores look massive....I daren't tell them :eek:D

Yes, it makes the pores on my rather large nose look like the "seeds" on a strawberry !

Linda:clapping:

Latest posts

Back