Christmas Event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone else think that the 4 day Christmas Event is too long?
No it's quite short. It's the 4 month Christmas event I can't get behind! 😁

Given the retailer casualties we have had in the past few years (and most recently Wilko), Christmas will normally be the saviour or executioner of many a business... they cannot afford to miss turning up the dial to 11 in their efforts to have a successful year... Q and every other retailer just the same. We can grin and bear it or lose even more businesses to cashflow crises... not a great choice, but there we are.

825117 - I've seen it all now, a cardboard wreath for just over 25 quid. "This is an heirloom of the future in the vintage style of years ago for those who like to be maximalist..... dont let it get wet though " 🤣🤣. Dear God, imagine having photocopied pictures of baubles and ribbons on hard board on your front door - but don't let it get rained on (soggy mess springs to mind).
Words fail me.

825117 - I've seen it all now, a cardboard wreath for just over 25 quid. "This is an heirloom of the future in the vintage style of years ago for those who like to be maximalist..... dont let it get wet though " 🤣🤣. Dear God, imagine having photocopied pictures of baubles and ribbons on hard board on your front door - but don't let it get rained on (soggy mess springs to mind).
Words fail me.
FGS! Don't waste money on this, if you want a wreath you can only use indoors and it looks like it's been made by kids, then make one with the kids or the grandkids. It's the sort of thing the schools could do with the kids and they'd love it! Seriously the Blue Peter crown was more impressive than this $hite!

Words fail me.
Lorna Ko described it as ‘Victorian decoupage’. It just looks printed paper stuck onto hardboard to me.

I don’t buy it . I don’t watch any of it. I got stung by an Alison Cork prelit small tree some years back. I think it was a TSV . It was rubbish. I could have made it myself from a twig collected from the local wood.
When I was young Christmas lasted a week or so. That was OK.

Sara Davies was flogging door wreaths last week. A metal ring with battery fairy lights wrapped round. Quite pretty but I think the 12in diam was about £20, 15 in £30.

I go to Florida for a holiday most years and buy exactly the same metal rings and fairy lights in a “Dollar Tree” store. They actually charge $1.25 now, equiv to £1 per item.

No doubt SD buys at wholesale prices so probably each wreath will cost less than 50 pence in materials plus a few pence sweat shop labour.

Sara Davies was flogging door wreaths last week. A metal ring with battery fairy lights wrapped round. Quite pretty but I think the 12in diam was about £20, 15 in £30.

I go to Florida for a holiday most years and buy exactly the same metal rings and fairy lights in a “Dollar Tree” store. They actually charge $1.25 now, equiv to £1 per item.

No doubt SD buys at wholesale prices so probably each wreath will cost less than 50 pence in materials plus a few pence sweat shop labour.
No wonder she loves selling on QVC.

Latest posts

Back