Claudia has left QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know women who have taken a long maternity leave and not come back or have come back for the minimum time required and then left.

so its never happened that a woman has gone on maternity leave on the pretence that they'll be returning when all theyre really doing is taking the cash and keeping their options open? get real girls.

Employment law means that there's no deceit necessary. They're entitled to maternity leave and the employer cannot push for a decision one way or the other. The employer has no choice in the matter. They have to get on with it.

Well, on the assumption that Claudia has left of her own accord, I think it's lovely to hear that she wants to spend as much time as she can with her family.

I know she's lucky because she can afford to, but I do think mothers sometimes go out to work to get away from their children and I find it very sad. I repeat I know not everyone has the choice, I'm talking about those that do.

Good luck Claudia. Cherish every moment xx

I know women who have taken a long maternity leave and not come back or have come back for the minimum time required and then left.

thank you. and all the time that these fiddlers are on their fake "leave" the employer is paying their salary, as well as paying for a temp to fill in for them so that's double the cost. not to mention denying someone else from being taken on long term. and now we have up to 26 weeks paternity leave too. no wonder our country is on its knees.

thank you. and all the time that these fiddlers are on their fake "leave" the employer is paying their salary, as well as paying for a temp to fill in for them so that's double the cost. not to mention denying someone else from being taken on long term. and now we have up to 26 weeks paternity leave too. no wonder our country is on its knees.

What is the answer then??
Shared parental leave?
Fixed time leave?
No leave?
:confused:

What is the answer then??
Shared parental leave?
Fixed time leave?
No leave?
:confused:

the answer for women is to be honest. dont screw the system for money. dont lie about intentions to return to work when there's no intention. its no better than being a benefits cheat.

and for men ditch the paternity leave. get to ****** work and be thankful to have a job.

Seriously? So the dads shouldn't have time off to spend with their new family? We'll just go back to the olden days shall we, when the mother is left home to look after the children etc and the men go to work! You tell other people to get real, how about you do it yourself!

On another note, good luck to Sara and Claudia.

Seriously?

yes

So the dads shouldn't have time off to spend with their new family?

no

We'll just go back to the olden days shall we

yes

when the mother is left home to look after the children

the job's a doddle who you kidding?

and the men go to work!

pub!

You tell other people to get real, how about you do it yourself!

aw you go first sweetie

On another note, good luck to Sara and Claudia.

yes enjoy your ill-gotten gains!

Firstly, bringing up children is not a 'job'. Secondly, it's not the ease of said 'job' its the principle. Yes I know there are some people in this society that do sponge of the government etc, but lets not tar everyone with the same brush. We've come so far to get equality in the work place, so why go backwards?

Firstly, bringing up children is not a 'job'. Secondly, it's not the ease of said 'job' its the principle. Yes I know there are some people in this society that do sponge of the government etc, but lets not tar everyone with the same brush. We've come so far to get equality in the work place, so why go backwards?

i wasnt. its just the liars i'm tarring.

What about the Mum's who genuinely intend to go back but once they have the baby feel very differently,or the Mum's whose child has special needs or born very prem for whom returning to work is an impossibility.
I really don't think most women lie about their intentions and for the vast majority NOT returning to work is not an option.

I will miss Claudia, she was a great presenter. When you compare Claudia and sara to the new presenters it really looks like QVC have replaced class with crass, those three new presenters are much more suited to late night sit ups. I suppose its a reflection on who is hiring them. Not the presenters themselves.

I'm constantly amazed how these threads often end up somewhere completely different to where they started... :wonder:

I, for one, will miss Claudia, she was my favourite presenter. Strangely, I don't really know Sarah, she must have presented mostly shows that I didn't watch.
Anyway as LS said, there are many and varied reasons why some mothers can't return to work and others just prefer not to. I hope they both enjoy having the time with their children, they don't owe us any explanations.

I think BB's first comment in this thread, as often happens on here, has been blown up out of proportion.

Has anyone considered what it's like for the small business employer? They simply can't afford to pay someone on extended mat leave AND someone else to do their job.

When I came home from hospital having had a C section, my husband dropped us off at home and then went straight back to work. I had no choice but to get on with it despite feeling very low. I personally think that there would be far less women suffering post natal depression if their other half wasn't there to do everything. It's all about keeping busy.

None of us really know whether Claudia and Sarah were pushed or not it's just speculation.
What I think is a fact is that there are some women who abuse the system and others who are genuine.

Latest posts

Back