Dyson TSV 20/02/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it's this, don't buy it

Cartoon Dyson 141751929_1015875.jpg

My not a fan of Mr D BUT -

We have always had the old fashioned cylinder vacs and the current one is good but built like a tank and was due for a replacement. We have never liked upright cleaners.
Since Mr L had his back op he hasn’t been able to use our vac (this is his job) and it was always too heavy for me to lug upstairs so for the last few months I have been using the Gtech but found it was heavy and of course useless for corners.

Unfortunately with no shops open, and not likely to be anytime soon, we couldn’t try one for weight so back to Q to get the opportunity to use it and return if need be.

He looked at the latest ones and thank goodness Q wouldn’t send to NI but funnily would send the cheaper version so we ordered it and it came very quickly.

He is very pleased with it because it isn’t heavy but seems to clean well, which has helped him as he was feeling a bit useless, Of course the charge life isn’t great but it has been long enough for us. We have a mixture of hard floors and carpets and it covers both which the Gtech didnt. Not sure how it would be with animals or kids but suits us.

Just incase its of interest to anyone else.

(still won’t buy a hairdryer though)

My not a fan of Mr D BUT -

We have always had the old fashioned cylinder vacs and the current one is good but built like a tank and was due for a replacement. We have never liked upright cleaners.
Since Mr L had his back op he hasn’t been able to use our vac (this is his job) and it was always too heavy for me to lug upstairs so for the last few months I have been using the Gtech but found it was heavy and of course useless for corners.

Unfortunately with no shops open, and not likely to be anytime soon, we couldn’t try one for weight so back to Q to get the opportunity to use it and return if need be.

He looked at the latest ones and thank goodness Q wouldn’t send to NI but funnily would send the cheaper version so we ordered it and it came very quickly.

He is very pleased with it because it isn’t heavy but seems to clean well, which has helped him as he was feeling a bit useless, Of course the charge life isn’t great but it has been long enough for us. We have a mixture of hard floors and carpets and it covers both which the Gtech didnt. Not sure how it would be with animals or kids but suits us.

Just incase its of interest to anyone else.

(still won’t buy a hairdryer though)
I agree with you lati - I had a Dyson 05 cylinder for years and it was a terrific machine but I always found it a faff to get in and out of the cupboard etc. Back at the end of 2019 I was thinking of buying the V10 or 11 - was a bit concerned that the bigger battery would make it heavy - someone on here, China girl I think, said they were happy with the v10. Anyway I decided to try but bought the most basic at the time - the V6. I fully intended to be sending it back (Dyson were offering 31day money back guarantee- they would collect and I could return for any reason, even if I just didn't like the colour! ). Well its fantastic- because of battery life I don't do a big vacuum anymore but it's ample to do all the floors (mixture of hard/carpets) and stairs and I find because it doesn't feel a chore to whip it out more often to do, for example, skirting boards or door frames in the year+ I've had it my house hasn't been cleaner (and I have 2 very furry cats). It's been one of my best purchases, housework doesn't feel like a massive chore now. As I realised I hadn't used my cylinder in a year I gave it to a relative who has a big old house who was amazed at how much more effecient than her previous one - she used to vacuum most days and couldn't believe how much debris came out of the carpets with a 15+ year machine. Like you say no fan of Mr D but his vacuums have been good buys for me - forget hair products and fans though 😉

I don't have a cupboard large enough to store Dyson vacs ! and I certainly don't want it out on display.
Exactly my old cylinder took up half of the cupboard space - the cordless one means you can take the various bits off and store separately if needed and I don't use the wall docking station just plug in to a normal socket. I never thought I would rave about a vac 🙄😄

Attachments

• Dyson TSV 1.jpg
    Dyson TSV 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Dyson TSV 2.jpg
    Dyson TSV 2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Dyson TSV 3.jpg
    Dyson TSV 3.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Dyson TSV 4.jpg
    Dyson TSV 4.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Dyson TSV 5.jpg
    Dyson TSV 5.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 103
A few weeks on and “his nibs” is still very pleased. We have a utility room and he put up the racks and it’s all neatly stored and easy to take down and use. He drilled through to the garage to bring a power supply.

We were just talking about getting rid of the old vac but decided as we hopefully, lockdown permitting, will be doing a major redecorate and felt it would be best for sucking up debris and then we will get shot.

He purchased a wee thing which clips on to the “pole” and which the pointy attachment clicks into which is handy (our old vac had the tools in a compartment). I think it cost £5 .

How easily we are pleased with simple but workable things!

Alex Kramer writes in the Stories section about the Dyson TSV. There are photographs of it in her home with its box etc. Presenters have been forced by our freebie complaints to become very creative when writing their blogs. She says “ I have one of these and love it “. She what she has done there trying to confuse us, does she have a past freebie? Does she mean she has the present one given to her as a freebie/sample? Is she trying to suggest that she has bought one? Give up Alex we know the latest tactics used by presenters, it doesn’t look good for any of you. I know the section is called Stories and that there are quite a few writers of fiction amongst your colleagues but really. Just stop it and say the end to freebies if any of you have any self respect.

I bought the Dyson V7 when it was the last tsv. I absolutely love it. No more carrying round a heavy upright cleaner and then having to wind the cable up after every use. It is so lightweight compared to my last one and I can just lift it up out of the charging station and use it straightaway. Doing the stairs is also much safer.

I didnt attach it to the wall but bought a stand from Amazon which is brilliant because you can store the tools on it which is better than having them in a pile in the cupboard.

Alex Kramer writes in the Stories section about the Dyson TSV. There are photographs of it in her home with its box etc. Presenters have been forced by our freebie complaints to become very creative when writing their blogs. She says “ I have one of these and love it “. She what she has done there trying to confuse us, does she have a past freebie? Does she mean she has the present one given to her as a freebie/sample? Is she trying to suggest that she has bought one? Give up Alex we know the latest tactics used by presenters, it doesn’t look good for any of you. I know the section is called Stories and that there are quite a few writers of fiction amongst your colleagues but really. Just stop it and say the end to freebies if any of you have any self respect.
She's gonna have to try harder than that, eg bother to take the cable ties off - If it was really hers, would she still have the box it came in? I very much doubt it, would the wall attachment be on the wall somewhere? -probably. Suprised there's any room for dust under her bed- it's probably choc full of freebies. If that is an attempt to disguise a freebie - FAIL - She must think we're all as thick as she is!!!

I bought the Dyson V7 when it was the last tsv. I absolutely love it. No more carrying round a heavy upright cleaner and then having to wind the cable up after every use. It is so lightweight compared to my last one and I can just lift it up out of the charging station and use it straightaway. Doing the stairs is also much safer.

I didnt attach it to the wall but bought a stand from Amazon which is brilliant because you can store the tools on it which is better than having them in a pile in the cupboard.
Do you have a link to the stand, please?

I wonder who is launching this. Will it be Alex Kramer? Can’t see Freebie not getting involved in this launch, she does like launching and sampling the more expensive products. Let’s see how many get one of these to “try” at home because of course they have no idea what it is or what it does so a home trial/freebie is essential.

I wonder who is launching this. Will it be Alex Kramer? Can’t see Freebie not getting involved in this launch, she does like launching and sampling the more expensive products. Let’s see how many get one of these to “try” at home because of course they have no idea what it is or what it does so a home trial/freebie is essential.
It is Micael

Thanks Sazza. I’ll be interested to see who else in addition to Alex, who is not launching it, gets the Dyson to “try out” at home.

Latest posts

Back