Enough is Enough

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well done you to be honest id love occitane or philosophy but too expensivo, id can just about justify good stuff for the old aging face but for the bod i use imperial leather shower gels and creams, to be honest i wait till theres a deal always four for three quid and get myself a little collection going to choose from as the mood takes me. They are gentle soap free and have all different fragrances for different moods and have been fine for my extra dry skin. Times are hard girls so I guess we have to pull that knicker elastic tighter. The lemon and ginger one is brilliant i can pretend its L occitane

the problem with the high street stuff is that it makes me and my mum seriously itchy

I agree SCW I cant use high street products they dont agree with my skin, and make me itch last time I felt like creatures were crawling all over me It took months and months to go away Liz Earle Aftersun relieved it . never again I would rather pay the money. i know what you mean it goes down the drain but it also goes into your skin and into your bloodstream. Me personally I like my luxuary, when it come to my appearance I have to have the best.

for the bod i use imperial leather shower gels and creams, to be honest i wait till theres a deal always four for three quid and get myself a little collection going to choose from as the mood takes me. They are gentle soap free and have all different fragrances for different moods and have been fine for my extra dry skin.

They also make brilliant bubble baths I find! The DDs like these too, especially the more exotic/oriental fragranced ones & of all the supermarket available products, I do think these smell the nicest & most natural! :)

a great range of organic and chemical free products is bentley organics and are very good for a tight budget. also good for dry and sensitive skin that are also chemical free are naked and a'kin. all these ranges are worth a try

For a cleanser that feels luxurious, really works but isn't expensive I recommend the Akin Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser. I switched over from C&P as it was just getting too expensive for the size of the bottle. The Akin one is 125mls and each bottle lasts me about 8 weeks! I can get them locally for £12 per bottle (so no p&P either!) and it's just divine to use.

I also love the Soap & Glory which someone mentioned earlier, really good value and have that gorgeous old fashioned soap smell without the effects of using (some) soaps. The body scrub, body butter, bath cream and shower gel are all lovely and the quirky packaging makes it a bit more fun, doesn't feel like scrimping y'know?! :1:

Tx

I have to say I love Soap & Glory - the smell (sorry, FRAGRANCE), the names and the results and you get a free handcream at Boots if you spend £12, so I did :)

I've also used Boots Brazil Nut bodywash this week and I'm really pleased with it. I bought the Almond too as I love almondy smelling things but haven't tried it yet. And if you subscribe to Instyle magazine - £12 issues for £12 - you get L'Occitane Rose de Mai stuff worth £43 !! So I have :D

Mind you, I have to say I've just gone back to Clarins for the Hydra Quench range, I've tried everything and this just suits my skin. Any idea where I can get this cheaper than Boots/House of Fraser ? I've searched most sites and you only save a couple of ££'s plus P&P, and therefore I'd rather have my Boots points.

My absolute favourite bath product-for 10 years now-is Clarins eau dynamisante shoer gel. It is £12 a bottle but lasts me ages as I just use a tiny amount on a dougal (You kmow those scrunchy sponge things that lather a lot?) I rarely buy it though as my kids know I love it and it's an ideal gift if they club togther mothers day/birthday or Christmas. Like others on here I have recently been trying to use up stockpiled skincare etc and have had to throw stuff away-LE in particular seems to go off quite quickly. Aqueous cream makes a decent cleanser when removed with a LE muslin when pennies are not so much tight as strangled (though it doesn't smell as great obviously.) Most of my friends are cutting right back like me,I also agree about the l'occitane soaps-so much more economical than their liquid products and I keep them in the airing cupboard as long as possible before using so they are absolutely rock hard. I have also been using the Asda cheap hand wash-the blue one at 49p for a large bottle-for over a year now and have never had sore dry hands with it like other cheap handwashes. It sells out as soon as the shelf is filled in my town so I always buy one for the cupboard if I see one.

For a cleanser that feels luxurious, really works but isn't expensive I recommend the Akin Rose & Geranium Creamy Cleanser. I switched over from C&P as it was just getting too expensive for the size of the bottle. The Akin one is 125mls and each bottle lasts me about 8 weeks! I can get them locally for £12 per bottle (so no p&P either!) and it's just divine to use.

Tx

I agree - the A'kin cleanser is gorgeous! Mine lasted me about 3 months (maybe longer) using it twice a day.

You can find most of these in Health Food shops, or if you are near a big city (you are in Devon right?) you might be able to find some in department stores too. There are also some good online vendors for most of them :

Some SLS free products /ranges
Green People
Jason's
A'Kin - Mypure
Trilogy - JBD
Weleda
Naked - available in Boots
Ecosopia - JBD
REN
Burt's Bees
Liz Earle
Alba
Avalon

Some mineral oil free lotions/body butters
Korres
A'Kin - Mypure
Liz Earle
Trilogy - JBD
Weleda
Jason's
Jergen's Naturals - available in Boots
Naked - available in Boots
Burt's Bees
Liz Earle
Alba

Korres has SLS in their shower gels but for some reason I can tolerate them (unless I get an eczema flare up). There are more brands but I've got brain fog today!

That's a really useful post thank you! I added the Ecosopia to my smashbox order from JBD this morning been wanting to try it for ages!!

I have decided that I am not going to buy expensive shower products any more.

I have 2 bottles of Liz Earle Mens gel left, which I shall leave wrapped up in their nice LE tissue paper and use in the event of an unexpected need for thank you presents for as yet unknown males (I live in hope).

I have puchased *gulp* high street products this weekend and will begin my new regime as from tomorrow.

I may need your support at this difficult time.

Thank you.

BurlyBear it's just over a month and I'm wondering how you're getting on?:thinking2:

My absolute fave shower cream is SBC collagen, but times are tough at the moment and I've been very impressed by Radox Replenish. It smells yum lathers well and leaves my skin feeling moisturised.

With me, I'm afraid, I love the luxury bath and shower products. Snell is an important part of my life, and as I am unable to apply much makeup independently,I do tend to indulge myself in nice bath and shower products, plus body products and I love perfume.

I do occasionally by cheaper bath and shower products, as it does go down the frain like others have siad, but nice body products plus perfume, I could never do without, smiles.

Katie

With me, I'm afraid, I love the luxury bath and shower products. Snell is an important part of my life, and as I am unable to apply much makeup independently,I do tend to indulge myself in nice bath and shower products, plus body products and I love perfume.

I do occasionally by cheaper bath and shower products, as it does go down the frain like others have siad, but nice body products plus perfume, I could never do without, smiles.

Katie
Well Katie I'm with you girl!!!
I love all products for body whether expensive or reasonably priced,I love l'occitane and molton brown but tend to buy in sales or as tsvs when they are good value,I also brought quite a lot back from the outlets in America
I like some avon stuff too,the skin so soft body washes are lovely and creamy in the bath or shower
I dont wear a lot of make up but I like nice face cream and have pretty good skin for a 40 year old!!
I like boots meditteranean stuff too,it smells lush!
I love perfume too,usually light stuff,nothing too heavy.
Got a stash of stuff under the bed aswell!!!!

thanks for asking Bakergirl!

i was doing really well, and have to say Dove shower stuff is really nice and to me felt just as moisturizing as L'Occitane Extra Gentle which was one of the expensive ones Ive been using.

However last week I buckled and bought the 1ltr ABC tea tree skin wash just because sometimes i really like that medicinal smell, and i was hoping it might be like MB Warming eucalyptus which is pretty much the only MB one that interests me these days.

turns out is not like MB at all but its a nice antiseptic smell which i kinda like. it feels very clean and if i had spots i'm sure they would be healing before my very eyes! it was about 18 quid for a litre so thats a lot better value than the stuff i was on before. i think MB Eucalyptus is about 14 quid for 300mls these days?

i was doing really well, and have to say Dove shower stuff is really nice and to me felt just as moisturizing as L'Occitane Extra Gentle which was one of the expensive ones Ive been using.

However last week I buckled and bought the 1ltr ABC tea tree skin wash just because sometimes i really like that medicinal smell, and i was hoping it might be like MB Warming eucalyptus which is pretty much the only MB one that interests me these days.

turns out is not like MB at all but its a nice antiseptic smell which i kinda like. it feels very clean and if i had spots i'm sure they would be healing before my very eyes! it was about 18 quid for a litre so thats a lot better value than the stuff i was on before. i think MB Eucalyptus is about 14 quid for 300mls these days?

Even if you're not physically scarred by this experience, I'll bet you are severely but secretly psychologically damaged. Probably got both hands in your pants now eh?

I get very dry itchy skin and bits of eczema sometimes.

My son who lives away and has persistent patches odf eczema found he could use Asda shower gel that costs 8p!

So I've been buying that and Morrison's which is dearer - it's 10p a bottle...... I get fragrance oils from www.sensoryperfection.co.uk and use those for fragrance - just chuck a bit in!

Ali x

Last edited:

Well done - you lasted three weeks!:clapping: I've only lasted a week before I gave in and bought a nice shower gel. Going to see if I can last for two weeks before I buy anything new. The clock starts at midnight.:clock: (which means if I'm going to buy that Jo Wood body scrub I'd better hurry up!)

Latest posts

Back