Eyebrows...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
just tuned in to see model Tania sporting a pair of rather dominant not very flattering brows!

It got me thinking because the my neice who is 16 favours the sculptured squared off rather too obvious eyebrow look 3 shades darker than her hair.
My 20 yr old daughter has very shaped brows, less heavy than my neice but obvious brows none the less.

In the 70's my eyebrows were a couple of hairs thick and plucked and tweezed to oblivion,my MIL who is 65 still shaves hers off and pencils them in, she looks permenantly startled!!

My SIL does nothing with hers... bushy but blonde.

My own brows suffered as a result of the plucking so have areas that need help but I like them to look natural and same colour as my hair which is very dark.

so heavy brows..good or not??

just can't understand the trend for eyebrows, i've said before, i think they look like coco the clown. i know they go on about it framing the eye etc but to me, looks so artificial. it's bad enough on tv but when you see it in the flesh, just looks ridiculous IMO.

Too thin or too thick looks awful in my opinion. Both are Neanderthal lookie like - heavy eyebrows or huge brow bone

It's the first thing my daughter sees and what she always comments on. Eyebrows are in Lemonsqueezy.

Think it looks terrible when girls have eyebrows tattooed/pencilled very close together over the bridge of the nose. Makes them look like The Angry Birds.

Think its the HD brow Tania has, TOWIE brought that into trend.

I have blond eyebrows, and once when I had them threaded the woman talked me into get some dye done. She insisted it would give a bit of colour as she only kept on so many seconds. I felt very weird and didn't like it at all, friends kept saying, "Oh, you have eyebrows!" For me it was too dark, I prefer to just use a blond brow wax when I wear make up.

Now get my brows threaded in Superdrug Castle Court Belfast for £5. As you pay at the normal till, no one tries to talk you into getting them dyed. You just take the receipt to the lady doing it.

Tania looks a bit daft with them brows, has she been using that £60 revitabrow stuff? is so, she didnt need it first place. If they are hers I think she ought to change them, thin them out or whatever, just a little bit. Maybe get booked in with Shav for a Sesh!! ha

Was Tania the model on the yong Kim hour with very short dark hair? If so, her brows were amazing, they totally detracted from her face and looked like they had been drawn on with a permanent marker......they probably have to have their own agent!! ����

Was Tania the model on the yong Kim hour with very short dark hair? If so, her brows were amazing, they totally detracted from her face and looked like they had been drawn on with a permanent marker......they probably have to have their own agent!! 

That was Cordelia with Yong Kim. Tania is the one with the dark, long, bob hair cut (and legs to die for.....)

I really dislike this trend for ugly thick brows. Tanya has a really pretty face but those monstrous brows dominate it and detract from her lovely features. They remind me of those black hairy caterpillers that I used to keep as 'pets' when I was a kid. Carefully plucked and shaped brows really can really enhance the face and a brow pencil can fill or even out any gaps but it has to be used subtly.

My own brows are invisible ie. sparse and fair. I had an epiphany about 5 or 6 years ago when I was "Shavata'd" at a QVC NYNY event and now I pencil in my brows on a daily basis. It's the single most enhancing think I do with make up. I also dye them when I remember but they still need thickening with the good old *Models Prefer/YBF pencil.
I use to struggle to try and make them match but as Shav onced said on air " your brows are sisters they're not meanted to be twins" It's the strange uniformity of a certain style of Groucho brow that makes them look fake and a bit weird imho.

Jude xx

* I can also recommened the avon brow pencils and the New <ID ones

I agree with PPC, couldn't have put it better myself and yes Donna I thought Groucho Marx.:grin::grin:

I've never plucked my eyebrows because they're fair and hidden by a fringe anyway. Knowing my luck if I did pluck them I'd end up bald and if I used RevitaBrow I'd probably end up looking as though two hairy caterpillars had adhered themselves to my brow line. So ........... I leave well alone. :wink:

I agree with you all, Tania's brows should probably be on leashes they look like they need to be fed, watered and walked regularly! and yes, she said last night that she is using Revitabrow when AY asked her about them

I agree with you all, Tania's brows should probably be on leashes they look like they need to be fed, watered and walked regularly! and yes, she said last night that she is using Revitabrow when AY asked her about them

So when she stops they will return to normal? Or is she committing herself for life?

Or has she been asked by Q to do this for a selling tactic?

See, I knew we had RevitalashDolly to blame for this. Thanks DeeDee for confirming it.:mysmilie_365:

My own brows are invisible ie. sparse and fair. I had an epiphany about 5 or 6 years ago when I was "Shavata'd" at a QVC NYNY event and now I pencil in my brows on a daily basis. It's the single most enhancing think I do with make up. I also dye them when I remember but they still need thickening with the good old *Models Prefer/YBF pencil.
I use to struggle to try and make them match but as Shav onced said on air " your brows are sisters they're not meanted to be twins" It's the strange uniformity of a certain style of Groucho brow that makes them look fake and a bit weird imho.

Jude xx

* I can also recommened the avon brow pencils and the New <ID ones

My epiphany was about 12 years ago during a make-up lesson at a Body Shop salon - Green Door or something - when I discovered eyebrow makeup. It's much softer than a pencil so you never get the Hilda Ogden effect. They changed their own brand's colours and became too gingery for me so I buy a Revlon one that's for intended the American market but available from Amazon.

BTW love the new avatar. Bazinga!

Latest posts

Back