GHD Style Lounge TSV Sat 20th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm so glad everyone likes their GHD's. I've been using a cheapy ceramic set for years because I couldn't stretch to GHD prices.

Today, I splashed out on a pink pair for £82.00. They came with a set of Benefit lip glosses too.

I was worried that I might regret spending such a huge amount but as you're all raving about them, I don't feel so bad!!!

Really tempted by some GHDs. Do you recommend their heat protection products or am I better off with Ojon/Nicky Clarke/Boots etc?

Really tempted by some GHDs. Do you recommend their heat protection products or am I better off with Ojon/Nicky Clarke/Boots etc?

The GHD products get crap reviews on the qvc website so this put me off. I also asked in a thread a couple of weeks ago which was the best heat protection and had various replies - you may want to do a search to find that thread.

The GHD products get crap reviews on the qvc website so this put me off. I also asked in a thread a couple of weeks ago which was the best heat protection and had various replies - you may want to do a search to find that thread.

My hairdresser doesn't rate their styling products but I've never actually tried them myself.

My hairdresser doesn't rate their styling products but I've never actually tried them myself.

I found that the heat protection spray left a sticky residue on my hair. I think that GHD should stick to what they're good at. :54:

I still don't know about all this GHD hype. A few months back I bought a half price pair of Remington from Argos - ridiculous price because they were only about £17 full price!

What swayed me were the excellent reviews from people who had previously owned GHD's and although initially bought these as a stopgap after expensive GHD's broke (those of you that have had them long term seem to be lucky because many report quite a poor record) they then found these to be really very good.

Catherine has tweeted that she has got some hot shoes to match the tsv so I wonder if it's the ones with the leopard print pouch.

I think I would just cry if I had to live without my GHD's :D I haven't used their own spray in years, not since my pair of straightners came with a bottle, so I can't remember what they're own spray is like. Tbh I use various different protection sprays depending on the offers that are on at the time :D

Quote from GHD guest Jo Robertson on the QVC gossip page:

Can you give us a hint about the upcoming ghd TSV?

It's all about safari chic and it's unique, sleek, fast and dangerous!

Doubt it's not hot pink, then!

Catherine has just shown the TSV, it is the black shiny ones with the leopard print case. They are sitting on the table in front of her during the current LG show.

Catherine has just shown the TSV, it is the black shiny ones with the leopard print case. They are sitting on the table in front of her during the current LG show.

Yes, and she promised us a fantastic "I don't know how we do it..." price. Let's hope that the TSV is just the straightners without any of the (not that great) styling products put in to justify a QVC 'exclusive' and a higher, non-comparable price.

Thought the actual straightners looked gorgeous, all glossy and black. The box is nice if you're giving them as a gift I suppose, but thought the leopardskin pouch looked a little bit naff (imo). Isn't the whole animal print thing fading a bit now?

Thought the actual straightners looked gorgeous, all glossy and black. The box is nice if you're giving them as a gift I suppose, but thought the leopardskin pouch looked a little bit naff (imo). Isn't the whole animal print thing fading a bit now?

I was a bit disappointed at the look of the set too - thought it would make a great put-away pressie for a DD but don't think she'd be too impressed with the 1970s look of the leopardskin print! :(

I was a bit disappointed at the look of the set too - thought it would make a great put-away pressie for a DD but don't think she'd be too impressed with the 1970s look of the leopardskin print! :(

Well, you could make it a great put-away pressie for me if you like - not too fussed about animal print myself but what the heck................:wink2:

Yes, looking at the images (thanks Sazza!) of the mirror pouch etc, I reckon GHD have raided Kathy Van Zeeland's vinyl store-cupboard !! :wink2:

Well, you could make it a great put-away pressie for me if you like - not too fussed about animal print myself but what the heck................:wink2:

You can move in if you like BL (bring the Beardie!) - you're both probably cheaper to run than the DDs & no doubt infinitely easier to please! lol

You can move in if you like BL (bring the Beardie!) - you're both probably cheaper to run than the DDs & no doubt infinitely easier to please! lol

Thanks very much. I travel quite lightly but Maisie has lots of things as well as her basket!! I know how expensive DD's can be so you have my sympathy..............:nod:

Latest posts

Back