GHD Style Lounge TSV Sat 20th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is there likely to be another one before Xmas or will the June one be it, do you reckon? Decisions, decisions.....! lol
Don't know what it is yet of course but what if a better one comes up? Why couldn't they have it in November or something? Hope it's a nice limited edition one then.....? :)

QVC are quite expensive for GHDs, I think there are better deals if you shop around. For example the pink set on QVC is just over £145 including p & p (introductory price) but if you search on Kelkoo you can get it for £115. QVC's has a thermal protector spray but £30 is a big difference and my hairdresser said he doesn't rate their styling products. Of course I don't think anywhere else would let you change your mind and get a refund but if you are sure you won't want to return them then QVC isn't good value.

Even with a TSV I would definitely check out other reputable sources before buying from QVC. I know there is an issue with counterfeit straighteners but I think there's some kind of search facility on GHD's website where you enter the name of the supplier to check if they are an approved supplier.

http://www.ghdhair.com/beware-imitations/website-checker

The official site does show a black set with leopardskin pouch, possible TSV?

QVC are quite expensive for GHDs, I think there are better deals if you shop around. For example the pink set on QVC is just over £145 including p & p (introductory price) but if you search on Kelkoo you can get it for £115. QVC's has a thermal protector spray but £30 is a big difference and my hairdresser said he doesn't rate their styling products. Of course I don't think anywhere else would let you change your mind and get a refund but if you are sure you won't want to return them then QVC isn't good value.

Even with a TSV I would definitely check out other reputable sources before buying from QVC. I know there is an issue with counterfeit straighteners but I think there's some kind of search facility on GHD's website where you enter the name of the supplier to check if they are an approved supplier.

http://www.ghdhair.com/beware-imitations/website-checker

The official site does show a black set with leopardskin pouch, possible TSV?

I know they are more expensive and you can buy them directly from the GHD website cheaper but I wanted to try them and have a chance to send them back with the 30 day mbg. It is worth the little bit extra to have this piece of mind IMHO.

If of course you know you definately want them and are going to keep them then I would advise going elsewhere.

Amazon are selling BaByliss Pro 230 Elegance Straightener for £28.99 (usually about £75) at the moment. I've used these for a while and they are good, come with a 5 year guarantee. Alot of the reviews have compared them to GHD's and said they are as good / better. Hairdresser Patrick Cameron (who specalises in long hair styling) recommends them. Just a thought for anyone who can't rise to GHD's prices. :)
RG

i have these and i have afro hair.i use the swartzkopf heat spray let it dry for a few minutes then i use them.
the more you use straigteners the more memory your hair has.
i like the fact that they have 10 heat settings and i never need to use 10.
excellent product for the money but i have never used ghds.
eagerly waiting for my ojon now.........

Update on the above - the GDH's arrived on tuesday - I love them!!!! One small or rather BIG problem is I bought the purple set with the hairdryer and I though this set looked nice. Tried the hairdryer for the first time yesterday morning and when I switched it on it did not have any air coming out - made a crackling noise and then sparks and actual flames started coming out of the hairdryer - not even the plug!!!! Rang customer service but they have to report it to the health and safety department who are supposed to be contacting me today to sort this problem out!!!!

you would not expect that from a top brand like ghd would you they must get a poor company to make the hairdryer really bad.....

you would not expect that from a top brand like ghd would you they must get a poor company to make the hairdryer really bad.....

I was shocked too Boffy - it wasn't just a bit of crackling at the plug which can happen with electrical items but actual sparks and then flames when i looked down the barrel of the hairdryer to see why it wasn't working. It was quite scary and I assume very dangerous as I was obviously holding it in my hand. And this was the first time I even switched it on after getting it out of the bag.

By the way have still not had a call from the health and safety dept at qvc - assume they will ring me after the bank holiday.

I was shocked too Boffy - it wasn't just a bit of crackling at the plug which can happen with electrical items but actual sparks and then flames when i looked down the barrel of the hairdryer to see why it wasn't working. It was quite scary and I assume very dangerous as I was obviously holding it in my hand. And this was the first time I even switched it on after getting it out of the bag.

By the way have still not had a call from the health and safety dept at qvc - assume they will ring me after the bank holiday.

wow thats awful! you would have thought that a trusted brand name like that would be good! i did hear once that the straighteners only lasted a year? wouldn't know only ever had them used on me at the hairdressers. mine were cheaper ones but good.

wow thats awful! you would have thought that a trusted brand name like that would be good! i did hear once that the straighteners only lasted a year? wouldn't know only ever had them used on me at the hairdressers. mine were cheaper ones but good.

I had my last GHD's for about seven years before they died on me (and I used them daily). I have some new GHDs now, they really are the best!

Ghd tsv

Just had an e-mail 'newsletter' through that said there would be a GHD TSV on Saturday 20th June.

Wonder if it'll be worth having or just bring the products down to the same price you can get them from elsewhere?!

Hope it's worth having and on easypay as I've had mine for 6 years and am paranoid they're going to break any day!

Em xXX

Just had an e-mail 'newsletter' through that said there would be a GHD TSV on Saturday 20th June.

Wonder if it'll be worth having or just bring the products down to the same price you can get them from elsewhere?!

Hope it's worth having and on easypay as I've had mine for 6 years and am paranoid they're going to break any day!

Em xXX

I doubt the TSV will be any cheaper than you can get them elsewhere, though easypay is a bonus. If you shop around do check on the official GHD site that you are buying from a recognised vendor so you don't end up with fakes.

I couldn't live without GHDs, when I've been abroad I've always taken them in hand luggage as I figure I could manage if my luggage got lost but I couldn't manage without my GHDs.

I had my last GHD's for about seven years before they died on me (and I used them daily). I have some new GHDs now, they really are the best!

I agree - mine have been in daily use (bar a few days) since June 2004 and they're still going strong.

Oh, Boffy. I wish my hair was like yours. My hair has no memory (bit like me then!) whatsoever. If I let my hair dry naturally I look like I've been plugged in, despite all the blow-drying and straightening I've done over the years.

Not sure what to make of QVC on GHDs. I bought the purple set back in December last year from my local hairdresser which is probably not the cheapest retailer. A couple of weeks later the same set was on QVC - they said it was a limited edition set exclusive to them! QVC's price was also more than I paid and of course there was P&P to pay too. I was recently on a P&O cruise and the ship had the same set too - again cheaper than QVCs. So much for their "exclusive" claims too.

I got mine from qvc as I wanted to try them and if I didnt like I could return them under the 30 day mbg.

Latest posts

Back