Goodbye and thanks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

craftybel

Registered Shopper
I have finally bitten the bullet and have today closed my QVC account. I looked at my online bank statements last night from 10 years ago (pre QVC) and couldn't believe how different my bank account looked. I have quite simply spent too much money in the last 8 years on stuff I don't need, and am now the proud owner of enough Lola Rose jewellery to sell it back to QVC, along with a craft room full of stuff that would take me the rest of my life to use. I have camcorders, cameras, and so much else, that I bought because I happened to turn the telly on at the wrong moment. I only have myself to blame for all the spending - luckily I am not in debt, but my goodness, I could have had a couple of good holidays with the money I have spent!

This forum has been great, though, and I shall really miss the laughs and the comments. I might pop back in every now and again to see what's going on, but for now it's farewell and thanks, particualry to SCW and Sazza for all the info on the TSV's. How long will I last..................................? LOL

Craftybel, I too have spent fortunes with QVC over the years and rarely buy anything these days. I'm not sure why you are leaving the forum though. Anyway goodbye and good luck.

Bye Craftybel, hope you look in on the forum from time to time. I don't spend a fraction of what I used to on QVC, I simply don't watch so often and I find a quick look at My Account on the website keeps my spending in check :thinking:

Aw CB,you are brave!! I admire you for looking back through all your money and purchases ( I wouldn't!!) and for having the attitude to close your account (I couldn't!!).GOOD LUCK CB :clapping:

Hats off to you!! :glass: I should... I really should....but I won't. I'm so impressed with your willpower...if you have any spare.....

i'm a member of the forum and the last thing I bought from QVC was last september! I just don't get sucked into the presentations anymore and if i see something I want, I spend time online checking prices elsewhere to see if I can get it cheaper (usually can) and for free p&p.

usually by the time i've done all of that, i've decided i don't really want or need said item

How long will I last..................................? LOL

Why are you leaving the forum? - or are you worried you might give into temptation reading some of the positive posts??? (you should be pretty safe lol!)

The Olympics has kept me away from a "fix", only made one purchase since July! :rock:

I never (well almost) buy from Le Q these days but I love this forum. Don't understand why you are leaving us.

Don't go:sad::rain::sweat::confused::mysmilie_512::mysmilie_514::mysmilie_503::mysmilie_476::mysmilie_478::mysmilie_468::mysmilie_43::mysmilie_13::mad::frown::confused2::eek:

Well done to you, like you Ive got more craft stuff than I could ever use, and cameras and camcorders that i would never dream of buying if not for QVC and the dreaded easy pay, but I was finally cured over last Christmas when I didnt have enough money to pay for all the easy pays that was coming out of my bank.

Ive tried very hard and only succumbed to a hair styler which I had wanted for ages, and now Ive even sent that back, I still come on here though.

I totally get why you are wondering why I am leaving the forum, as it's QVC causing me the problem. However, I just know my own weaknesses, and if I come on here looking, I will see something that I think I want and knowing me, I will probably ask my Mum to order it!!!!!!!!!!! So I will go cold turkey for a while, and see how it goes. Lovely people on here x

maybe it's au revoir then craftybel rather than farewell. I have only bought 3 things from Q this year and sent one of them back, often think of closing my account but not strong enough yet. Have wasted vast sums of money on vast amounts of daft stuff, probably could have had done up my front room in the style I would like complete with new furniture with the cash I've parted company with for face creams, bags, jewellery, and the odd (and they were very odd) fashion item. Think it is partly down to this great forum that I have curbed my spending and I still look in to see if you are all laughing and\or gasping at the same things as me.

I admire your resolve CB! I spend too much with QVC (mainly make-up, jewellery and skincare), but I'm not ready to kick it into touch yet! Sorry to see you go and I hope you feel able to come back and join us soon xx

CB I went cold turkey 11 months ago after doing exactly the same as you did. I was moving house and when it came to sorting personal paperwork I bit the bullet and checked my bank statements and realised I`d spent way to much at QVC and other shopping channels. I`m still clean, haven`t ordered anything since and only recently joined this forum. Even though people are talking about QVC items i havent seen or bought, I still join in but no longer feel tempted to purchase anything. The forum can be a positive thing, instead of being bored and tempted to turn on the telly and maybe tempted to just watch QVC, come on here and talk, what the eye doesn`t see, the heart doesn`t long for eh ?

identifying a weakness, and then acting on it means that this weakness becomes a strength. Well done and all the very best wishes with our resolution :handshake:

Just realized how patronizing that can sound, but I meant it as a real positive, lack the propper English to put it into better words - sorry

Well done on giving up your QVC spending.
I have just brought my first item from them in over 2 years .
Last weeks saucepan TSV, the jury is still out on whether I keep them or not!!
But I do need a replacement set for the ones that are going back under the life time warranty, which cost a lot more when I brought them several years ago.
There where also several items in the set which I have never used so it will free up some space in my pan draw.

Well done CB, and all the best with your new resolution. I have cut down on my purchases, and hardly ever watch now (the two are obviously linked!) but I do remember a time when parcels were arriving several times a week, and I was shoving them unopened out of sight of OH.
Once I even began to write down amounts saved inc. P&P. each time I was sorely tempted bit resisted. The amount was in the hundreds!
I do need to curb my general spending, even though I have managed to cut back on QVC purchases.

cb try and recoup some of your money by selling stuff on the bay or on here i am sure that there are many people who will want your stuff. thats what i ma doing now and my house is getting clearer and i have a little money back to do something more usefull with..good luck and dont leave the forums we can start the farts club again lol x

I too have not brought for 3 months:happy: I made a committment to myself in June that I was going to stop.All my EZ pays are up to date as well. I don't watch much now either but just out of curiosity I have just turned on. If ever I needed a reminder to remain strong its looking at the crap Kim M is selling at the moment:taphead:

Latest posts

Back