help with panda eyes please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I use Eylure Dylash, a box (£7.50) lasts me a couple of years, I also use it to dye my brows as they're virtually invisible otherwise, but I'd agree it doesn't thicken the lashes, only tints them.

Jude xx

how easy is this to use?
I have had lashes done at local saloon and wondered if it was same as I would be anxious about DIY in case I got it in my eyes and caused serious damage!

stupid question - how do you see what you're doing or is it applied like mascara?:mysmilie_512:

It is a bit tricky to do on yourself, it is time-consuming because I can only do one eye's top or lowers lashes at a time. I confess I've stopped trying to follow the instructions to the letter. Now I apply the mixture to, say, the top lashes on my right eye, like applying mascara but not too close to the roots, set the kitchen timer and then remove with cotton pads soaked in water (or floracil that I'm trying to use up). Then I move onto the other eye. Because my lower lashes touch my cheek I have to keep a damp cotton-bud handy to wipe away any smudges because it will dye the skin (I use the brown-black option so I can use the same dye on my brows). I've found the best method to stop the dye going on my skin or in my eyes is to stare in the mirror until it's time to remove - once you start looking around the room or changing my focal point then the dye migrates. If it goes in your eyes it stings really bad so have plenty of water handy to irrigate your eye (have I put you off yet?)

It's like anything, once you've practiced a few times it's easier to do than it is to describe.

Jude xx

Last edited:
Me too, i went for the trial offer and the eyeliner as well, althought i don't use much eyeliner, thanks for the tips :)

I suffer panda eyes too and I keep going back to Bourjois clubbing waterproof. I still have quite dark eyelashes, so I don't think it would help me. I remember Revlon used to do a brilliant mascara in their colourstay range, but it has vanished from the UK market as always!

I only wear mascara on my top lashes, it was a tip I was given by a makeup artist long ago. Very weird at first, but a tight line along the bottom lashes and it opens up the eyes.

Blinc is an excellent brand.

If that doesn't work, then I would get the dyed by a salon.

Sorry to be thick Donna but when you say a tight line, you mean eyeliner I presume?

thanks ladies for the blinc trial size tip - have ordered one as well

p.s. been lurking for some months, since last year, and have been reading some of the stuff on the QVC forum, and picked up a few nice tips from folks, so decided today it was time that i put my hand in my pocket for a little contribution to running this place .....

Last edited:
thanks ladies for the blinc trial size tip - have ordered one as well

p.s. been lurking for some months, since last year, and have been reading some of the stuff on the QVC forum, and picked up a few nice tips from folks, so decided today it was time that i put my hand in my pocket for a little contribution to running this place .....

Hi Lilith nice to meet you. Have you called yourself 'Lilith' after the George MacDonald book of the same name?

hi ILoveShopping
nope, it is as in 'i am Lilith not Eve' sort of thing, it is more of an identity that fits for me, rather than the symbol of Eve, who was made from Adam's rib to be a submissive version of the female
the idea/legend (of Hebrew origion) of Lilith is older than the bible where Eve was introduced as a model more in tune with a patriarchal system

p.s. is the George MacDonald book related to this idea of the female, i might need to look that up :happy:

Last edited:
hi ILoveShopping
nope, it is as in 'i am Lilith not Eve' sort of thing, it is more of an identity that fits for me, rather than the symbol of Eve, who was made from Adam's rib to be a submissive version of the female
the idea/legend (of Hebrew origion) of Lilith is older than the bible where Eve was introduced as a model more in tune with a patriarchal system

p.s. is the George MacDonald book related to this idea of the female, i might need to look that up :happy:
Yes it is. It is a Victorian mystery/ fantasy. I read it 40 years ago and want to reread it at some point - don't know why as I can't remember any detail from it. Perhaps I didn't even understand it

'Yes it is. It is a Victorian mystery/ fantasy. I read it 40 years ago and want to reread it at some point - don't know why as I can't remember any detail from it. Perhaps I didn't even understand it'

i think i might know what you mean ILS, there is a play called Pandora's Box which i read as a teenager and the main character fascinated me to the extent that it became my nom de plume decades later, and i am only really starting to understand now, why that might have chimed with me .... i reckon, we are only ever at the edge of what we find (and i am at peace with that ....)

re George MacDonald's book, reading the reviews on amazon, his Lilith is the evil demon/Jezebel she was later made out to be, just because she was not submissive, and religion & patriarchy came along and rewrote her archetype ...

Update on the Blinc mascara. My sample arrived today and I gave it a go, sad to say, it didn't work on me. I had flakes under my eyes after a couple of hours so it's sample in the bin I'm afraid and back to the New CID mascara which behaves better for me. Hope everyone else who got it has more success.

Update on the Blinc mascara. My sample arrived today and I gave it a go, sad to say, it didn't work on me. I had flakes under my eyes after a couple of hours so it's sample in the bin I'm afraid and back to the New CID mascara which behaves better for me. Hope everyone else who got it has more success.

Try the 17 waterproof one out of Boots, its only a couple of quid and worth a go. I really like it.

It was fine on me and even lasted overnight, but I don't think I'll buy the full size one

My sample arrived yesterday and I tried it today and I'm amazed to say that not one bit of it has ended up under my eyes - it looks exactly as I put it on in the morning! I'm thrilled and although it's pricy it's worth it if it says on.

Nothing else I've tried (from Maybelline to Lancome) has stayed on and I end up looking like I have no mascara on at all at the end of the day normally.

So Blinc gets a vote from me.

I can recommend the blinc liquid liner, it almost peels off in a perfect little strip, great if you have lash extensions which you don't want to disturb with oily removers or by rubbing, or if little things like this appeal to you!

Jude xx

I can recommend the blinc liquid liner, it almost peels off in a perfect little strip, great if you have lash extensions which you don't want to disturb with oily removers or by rubbing, or if little things like this appeal to you!

Jude xx
It's getting the perfect strip that I struggle with.....I end up with a wonky wobble.

Latest posts

Back