Hermes delivery rubbish or what?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grrrr and while I'm having a hormonal rant, the WORST customers are those who have sodding house names, either don't have a sign or have allowed a bush to cover it. These people NEVER put any clues as to where their house is/what it looks like - they just expect you to KNOW. The times I got "well the postman knows where we are" Grrrrrr!!! Look closely, I am not the postman and I do not have a hotline to the postman!

So please, if you have a house name and not a number, give the courier a clue as these days, there are many "lifestyle" couriers who deliver to small local areas (so no need for expensive satnavs). Make sure the house name/number is visible and don't rely on Mrs Jones down the road who has a lovely number to give couriers a clue. When there's some idiot up your backside as you're looking for house numbers, there isn't time for mental arithmetic!

The only complaints I have about my Hermes driver are that he doesn't pay much respect to my parcels - they always turn up with muddy footprints all over them and big rips in the packaging. He never knocks the door to give me my parcels but I'm fine with that, I don't like answering the door anyway!

I know all the couriers who deliver in my area (says too much about my shopping habits) and once I've chatted to them a few times they've all been happy to help if I have to leave a message to redeliver to a neighbour's house. As I'm usually in, they also know I'm happy to sign for any neighbours' parcels too. It's the companies they work for who make the money, not the individual couriers.
In the past I had an occasional package delivered to work, being friendly with the security guy helps as he would be there to sign for the package if it came out of office hours even though staff were discouraged from having personal stuff sent to work. It's worth bearing in mind if you know it'll need a signature.

Jude xx

My Hermes lady is great too. Royal Mail are !!!!!!! awful. Had so many problems with them, things not turning up for weeks & QVC are not much better at helping out when that happenesd TBH. I'm sure RM see QVC on the packet & think it can wait :headbang:

The only complaints I have about my Hermes driver are that he doesn't pay much respect to my parcels - they always turn up with muddy footprints all over them and big rips in the packaging. He never knocks the door to give me my parcels but I'm fine with that, I don't like answering the door anyway!

Anna how do you know it's the courier and not the people in the various warehouses or depots or lorry drivers?
I often had to deliver parcels with bootholes in them/on them and they weren't mine.

AmethystRox, you can dislike all you like - but what I'm stating are facts, like it or lump it. Couriers get a hard time and I'm going to stick up for them whether you have a hissy fit or not. :devil: You seem to enjoy making a habit of disliking just about everthing I and others post. :dull:

AmethystRox, you can dislike all you like - but what I'm stating are facts, like it or lump it. Couriers get a hard time and I'm going to stick up for them whether you have a hissy fit or not. :devil: You seem to enjoy making a habit of disliking just about everthing I and others post. :dull:

Hardly... I along with others can dislike comments that we dislike. Many have done so. I often like comments too. But you do seem quick to attack people who are simply relating their own unfavourable experiences with deliveries. A person receiving a packet only has experience with the person making the delivery and those delivery people represent the company for better or worse. Some do their job as professionals and others do not. Some packets turn up clean and neat while others apparently do not. The person who receives the item doesn't know who is responsible for that. So as it is the delivery person they deal with directly and most often it is only natural that the recipient think the delivery person has responsibility for the item.

When people work and are out all day, come home to find no package and no card left that a delivery has been attempted and it hasn't been left with a neighbor, then it can be very frustrating. Not everyone can afford to take the day off to receive a package and cannot receive items at work. It seems to me that some of this is at the discretion of the courier. Not leaving a card is bad form, leaving a package under a bush seems odd but if the receiver is happy with that then ok. But it seems to me that couriers need to be better trained as this topic comes up on this forum often enough. Plus QVC needs to make known how it wants its products delivered, what procedures used, etc.

I will continue to like and dislike, agree or disagree to comments according to how I feel just as you can write what you want and how you want. But I sympathise with the poster who lives in London or anyone who has had delivery troubles.

i think what this whole thread shows is that its not so much the company, but the PEOPLE who have a direct impact on our experience as customers. like we didnt know that already? if you have a crap courier, complain.

I moved, last year and never had a problem with my Hermes delivery guy at my old adr. Indeed he was lovely. Obviously have a new guy now, who I actually had a standing row with as he accused me of having said I did not receive a parcel when he had delivered it - he argued point blank that he had put it under the seat in the porch. I tried very hard to point out that I had never had a seat in my porch, that I had only been there a couple of weeks ( at that time) and that I most certainly had not even bothered to order anything as I had just moved. He shouted so loud that my adult son came downstairs and told him to go away or we would call the police. He really was totally out of order. If I had been an elderly person I might have really been disturbed by that. That however does not mean all Hermes people are bad, just this particular one, and he is still very off with me ( he is also the guy who put a parcel under the car rather then take it next door, and yes, it did go walkies!) So I am def with Burlz on this one

hermes delivery

Yes I totally agree - they did try to deliver twice and I do know how badly they treat their couriers but I do not blame the couriers. Hermes are one of those companies that make sure the only people the customers can blame are the couriers as you cannot reach them any other way. Its a dive and rule management policy / problem and they make millions of pounds profit a year. I live in a flat in south london where security to the building is tight and there is no way I can get to know my courier - its hardly a village down here and the courier did not take the opportunity on either occasion to ring another doorbell and leave it with a neighbour ( I also did not have the opportunity to suggest this as I could not contact them ). If you had read my post you would have seen that I did arrange after countless emails to have it delivered when I could be in but he/ she did not arrive so I did all that I possibly could.... and of course I could not contact anyone .... now if they had depos all this would not be a problem

Anna how do you know it's the courier and not the people in the various warehouses or depots or lorry drivers?
I often had to deliver parcels with bootholes in them/on them and they weren't mine.

Well, true, I can't say for sure who's done it, but that doesn't excuse it.

my courier is amazing.Delivered my stamp around the page today and noticed that now i can use him to pick up any returns i may have from qvc like he does with my la redoute and oxendales returns.Think this must be new .

My Hermes man lobs everything over my 6 foot hedge if I'm not in, really worried about ordering anything heavy in case he kills the dog sitting in the back garden.

My hermes delivery person(iv not actully met them yet but am told they do exist) aprently can not find my address! Strange i have a postcode and have no problems with royal mail, parcelnet, dx ect ect but hermes are insitant my address is incorrect, iv had about 6 parcels this happened to from qvc deliverd via hermes and qvc just apologise and then have had to get the parcel re- sent out by the DX delivery people who are fantastic. So now whatever i order from qvc, i have to ring up the order line , order ask who is is going to be deliverd by(thats usually follewd by some confusion as to why im asking) if it is going to be hermes i then have to pay £2.95 extra p&p to get it deliverd "priemium" as they put it by DX which as it happens does always come within 3 days but i would ****** well want it next day for £7 odd p&p. I ask why not just ditch hermes

My Hermes man lobs everything over my 6 foot hedge if I'm not in, really worried about ordering anything heavy in case he kills the dog sitting in the back garden.

I'd dig a pond - that'll stop him/her :tongue:

Seriously though, it's common practice, but I used to try and make sure it was only clothes packages I did it with.
I did once manage to make something land on a tall hedge but luckily my customers were lovely and the hubby retrieved it.:happy:

My hermes delivery person(iv not actully met them yet but am told they do exist) aprently can not find my address! Strange i have a postcode and have no problems with royal mail, parcelnet, dx ect ect but hermes are insitant my address is incorrect,

This sounds like it could be Hermes that have uploaded your address incorrectly as opposed to the courier not finding it.
I had a situation once where someone had obviously typed the post code incorrectly and so the address generated was incorrect.
Luckily, the correct post code was in my area and so I recognised the name and was able to sort it. I can't swear this is the problem in your case, but it could be.

Hardly... But you do seem quick to attack people who are simply relating their own unfavourable experiences with deliveries. A person receiving a packet only has experience with the person making the delivery and those delivery people represent the company for better or worse. The person who receives the item doesn't know who is responsible for that. So as it is the delivery person they deal with directly and most often it is only natural that the recipient think the delivery person has responsibility for the item.

I wouldn't say it's natural, I'd say it's short-sighted, hence I get a little cross when it is the end of the line which is criticised and not the probable root cause.
It's the same with helplines/desks. The person who deals with a complaint is not often the person who has caused a grievance. Should they inevitably end up with all the flack and abuse? Of course not...

Of course people on here can like/dislike opinions, but it's a little puerile to dislike what is a statement of fact - which is the point I was making. I sympathise with anyone who has delivery problems which is why I have made some points to ensure people who are out of work can get their deliveries - you didn't seem to be able to cope with those either which is why I find your attitude churlish. I also sympathise with the problems couriers are up against as I can see both sides of the coin.

I may not work in Hermes now, but I have no end of contacts which I could provide if needed.
I suggest if anyone's got issues with Hermes then email the CEO Carole Woodhead. When her Inbox is full she might just get her finger out and do something.

Latest posts

Back