Hmm...I wonder if they are training up...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I heard that too Boycie and thought the very same thing - If i've got the right guest then Carla is very good looking with long dark hair and a lovely manner in her presentations - a younger version of Julia? if i'm right she would be a great addition to the presenting team although for me second to Simon Brown.

Hmm - and Julia's been on a mission to lose weight lately: might the two be connected?

I can't see La Roberts being impressed by Le Q possibly grooming a replacement for her... :wonder:

I thought Carla was a very good presenter on IW, much too good for that gang. She would make a good addition to QVC and they need someone pronto. I don't think I am the only one who is fed up with 'Charlie boring' presenting so many beauty and fashion shows.

:devil: exactly my thoughts KTWB! It will be toe-posts at dawn!

Carla's wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of toe posts! Though she DID present on IW, so who knows? :tongue:

But if La Roberts IS losing weight to look "younger", it's failed: she's lost weight from her face, leaving it looking drawn (and more lined?); she still has bingo wings and a loose/flabby tummy that becoming thinner elsewhere has only emphasised.

IMHO La R looked FAR better (and happier) BEFORE the weight loss. But that's just me.

Carla is nice, liked her on IW, agree she was too classy for that channel. She might need to lighten up a bit though, she seems quite serious.

Simon is allowed to take over on Cooks Essent. because it is Q's own line.

Agree re JR, she was more attractive before weight loss and appeared happier. As someone who has lost a fair bit of weight intentionally and not, it is hard to put some back on when you know you look scrawny and need it. I have put on half a stone recently and look better for it. Maybe she only needs to put a bit back on to look better.

I caught the end of a home electronics show just before Yankee candles(i'm now watching) and the guy that brings us the clickfree(sorry dont know his name) was demonstrating and this thread came to my mind because it sounded to me that he was being tested/interviewed. Maybe a few potential presenters are being considered by QVC? - coming back to Simon Brown/Carla - Anthony Heywood was brilliant with electronic/technology so i would imagine that QVC will expect the new presenter to have similar skills? Would Carla and Simon have these skills? I dont know them well enough to judge. Thinking about the three - a mix of all three would be great skills wise.

Hmm - and Julia's been on a mission to lose weight lately: might the two be connected?

I can't see La Roberts being impressed by Le Q possibly grooming a replacement for her... :wonder:

i dont think we need to worry about some young upstart replacing La Roberts. she is irreplaceable and more importantly she IS QVC. :tongue2:

I caught the end of a home electronics show just before Yankee candles(i'm now watching) and the guy that brings us the clickfree(sorry dont know his name) was demonstrating and this thread came to my mind because it sounded to me that he was being tested/interviewed. .......

I think he's called Lee and I really enjoy his presentations - very factual but understandable (well to me anyway as a middle-aged woman :blush:) and attractive. If they recruit a new presenter I hope they don't encourage them to go OTT with silly voices and mannerisms as they appear to have done with CR. :devil:

If you are talking about Lee Hohbein I think he would be excellent, always explains things clearly and well and really knows his stuff.

He could be QVC's resident electronics expert for you and can actually literally sell me electronics anytime! :blush: I do think he is rather nice tho :nod:

If it is the tall slim dark haired chap on the electronics hours, it was mentioned a while ago, with a congratulations, that he was contracted to Q, whatever that means?!?!

Latest posts

Back