Holy Grail Hand Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

felinewoman

Registered Shopper
Hi all

I am sure this has been discussed in the past but I am curious to know people's Holy Grail hand products. I have tried many - Ojon Rejuvenating cream, L'Occitane Shea Butter, Aveeno, etc but am always on the lookout for that ONE special cream.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - fabulous product.

I find it too greasy to use during the day but apply it to my hands before bed in a nice thick layer and my hands are baby soft and smell lovely come morning. I've never found a better handcream and quite economical to as a big tube lasts quite a while.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - fabulous product.

I find it too greasy to use during the day but apply it to my hands before bed in a nice thick layer and my hands are baby soft and smell lovely come morning. I've never found a better handcream and quite economical to as a big tube lasts quite a while.

I use the same, and do the same with it as Fraggle, it's great.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream for me too- I use it before going to bed and Honey & Lemon or Cherry Blossom during the day as they are much lighter.
I've tried LE but didn't do anything for my hands.
I know many people on here like Philosophy Handmade :1:

The L'Occitane cream is very good for very dry hands when you've been cleaning or something. I found the Molton Brown ones good for everyday use as they absorb quickly (won't be getting anymore of them from QVC). I also really like Liz Earle because is was good for everyday but a bit more substantial than the Molton Brown's, however (to me) the smell of it reminded me of tomato soup - slight background wiff of it.

I've also used the L'Occitane lavenda but the smell is very strong, over the top and gave me a headache - which is a bit odd because lavenda is supposed to relax you.

L'Occitane seems to be coming out tops.

What about Crabtree and Evelyn? I see that QVC sells one of theirs - it has good reviews on another forum.

Thanks for all your replies.

:1:

L'occitane is my fav, i also use the shea butter at night as a treatment, the opi handcream from the recent tsv is working well for me at the moment too.

My favourite is ProStrong ProMoist Hand Cream (223414) It has a pump and a nice non-greasy liquid texture. I like the inoffensive fragrance too. You just need to apply it in the morning and wait 15minutes before coming into contact with water. It remains effective, even through hand washing as it is water-resistant. You are not aware of it on your hands as they just stay soft. It really prevents the sore cold weather cracks and soreness in the Winter weather. You can also use it as a body lotion. I am really glad I discovered it on QVC.

L'occitane shea butter handcream for bedtime for me and Philosophy for day time, although i dont really like the smell, it does the trick!!

I like the l'occitane shea butter at night or after gardening.
I also like TBS hemp handcream, makes your hands very soft (footcream is fab too), am using this one at night atm
I have a l'occitane Rose velvet handcream in my handbag: very fresh and nice scent.
I have on my sink a L'occitane olive handcream, that I should use everytime I wash my hands, but must admit that I usually forget (willfully lol) to apply it each time

My very favourite is Korres - makes parched, dry skin very soft and plump!

I've only tried 2 QVC hand creams but I like them both and do repurchase - Liz Earle Hand Repair and A'kin Lavender, Geranium & Jojoba Hand, Nail and Cuticle Creme (which I am currently using at work).

A while ago people were raving about the Soap & Glory hand cream you can get in Boots.

Tried loads, the L'Occitane one seems best to me, although I ordered some of the Gatineau anti-ageing hand cream that was on recently but not tried it yet so can't compare.

Another that was nice was Elle McPherson's The Body hand and nail cream, and also the Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream. Neither quite as good as the L'Occitane Shea Butter though.

Hi,
Not one QVC stock, but I am using the Champneys Vitamiracle Hand & Nail Cream at the moment and it is brilliant, not greasy but it leaves my hands really soft and supple - a bargain at £5.95 from Sainsbury

Definitely the Liz Earle hand repair...I love it cos it's non greasy ....have also tried the L'Occitane but think it's a bit overrated

Liz Earle, Liz Earle & Liz Earle ! Especially now there's the new hand wash in the orange flower scent. I have really bad eczema & it doesn't irritate at all. For an alternative, Liz's skin repair is also fab & really produces results. Not to mention her Superbalm. The L'occitane shea butter one makes me sneeze all the time & I didn't find it good either, however, their pure shea butter balm is great for a night-time treatment.

My favourite used to be the one from Supernails they used to sell on qvc it was a pump and sank in really well and left hands feeling great. They then went to ideal world for a while but have since disappeared. Have not found one so good since - if anyone knows if I can still get it anywhere that would be good. I like pump ones as it is easy just to put a pumpfull on just before I leave the house in the morning - at the moment I use an empty molton brown handcream pump and fill it with whichever one I have around.

I'm currently using Boots No 7 Protect and perfect, pricey enough at about a tenner,( big size though) one of the best I have tried (I've used Liz Earle, Elemis, Nails Inc., etc). At first thought the smell was a bit iffy, but got used to it.

My favourite used to be the one from Supernails they used to sell on qvc it was a pump and sank in really well and left hands feeling great. They then went to ideal world for a while but have since disappeared. Have not found one so good since - if anyone knows if I can still get it anywhere that would be good.

I was about to jot down L'Occitane Shea Butter on this thread - as that is the one I've used for a few years now.

However, your post reminded me about this - I used to LOVE it - and also used to have a huge pump dispenser of it (the handcream was blue, wasn't it?)
Have just racked my brains trying to remember what it was called - then had a brain wave - Zoom Dry Therapy - can only find this site that stocks it but only in the tubes - might be as well to buy a tube first though (if it can be found in a pump dispenser) just in case they have changed the formula, as it was a while ago now, wasn't it?

Thanks for that - really pleased .... I shall get some. :biggrin

http://www.nailcareclub.com/acatalog/Special_Offer.html

Latest posts

Back