How did you discover this forum, and ..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
........ especially the QVC section?

In my case, I bought a Phil Tyne multi-gym from Q. Later, I googled it, only to discover a thread about it on this forum, and that I could get it cheaper elsewhere. So that's when I joined.

I still use it, but only for ab crunches as the elastic bands have snapped so can't do much else.

It does have some clothes hanging on it though, the fate of so much fitness equipment!

I bought various other gym items from Q, currently not in use, but one day.............

BTW they hardly do any gym equipment these days, it used to be a staple item.

EDIT --- I've just found a reference in July 2008 --

QUOTE from Grovesy:- In the early days QVC used to have more Multi Gym's, and that type of equipment mostly gold's Gym. That was how Phil Tyne who brings his total trainer started with QVC

I found the forum when I was trying to find out where Lee from Philosophy had disappeared to. The first lovely Lee not the second not so lovely one although i haven't seen him for a while either. We want to see photo's of you Strato all pumped and fit once you start using the gym equipment.

Yes I came across it while Googling (ooh doesn't that sound rude?!) too, and when I looked properly..........me likey! :mysmilie_14:

I found the forum when I was trying to find out where Lee from Philosophy had disappeared to. The first lovely Lee not the second not so lovely one although i haven't seen him for a while either. We want to see photo's of you Strato all pumped and fit once you start using the gym equipment.

OMG. This is exactly the same way that I found ST as well!! How weird is that?

I was beginning to feel fed up with QVC after I'd had so many reviews rejected and I googled for a forum that was independent. And are you independent-minded? Certainly are - the minority who agree with me, that is! :mysmilie_48: I love this forum and the strong-minded posters on here!

I bought a Total Trainer too, used it once, then it became a clothes horse for a while, and I just recently managed to sneak it into the skip when we had some work done on the house!
However, I found this forum years ago, when Julia mentioned it on air and I went looking for it. She often used to mention the forum in those days.

Similar to you ladies and gentlemen, about three years ago I was googling various presenters out of pure nosiness and this place appeared on the search.

It's the same story with me, I was googling a presenter from Gems - Fiona Egan, who had mentioned she was appearing in panto somewhere - and this site appeared as a search result! I "lurked around" for a while before plucking up courage to post. Loved reading the posts from everyone, and laughed out loud at many of them (husband's comment: "I'm getting worried about you, you keep staring at the computer screen and laughing"). Now he knows why!

Me to Fallen Angel, its been so long, I can't remember, although the most likely was I was googling and discovered it that way.

I had googled to see if I could find out what an upcoming LG TSV was and I stumbled across the LG thread in which SCW had posted the pics and links... I've not looked back.

I honestly can't remember, I know it was about 12 years ago though. There's been a couple of times when we've had to re-register, the last one being 2008?

I googled a query about a Q product (cannot recall what it was!) and clicked on it out of curiosity. Like others, I have never looked back! In fact when I then went to the index page and saw so many threads I spent hours on here having a good old read. It was extremely interesting to see some of the complaints and also the advance notice of TSVs etc.. I spend far more time on here than I do on the Q site!!!!

I too had the Total trainer but binned after collapsed on me after about a year.
I found this forum when I googled what had happened to Debbie Flint, following the Ideal World fire, I believe this site had not been going long!

I first found st.com when I googled something like "Alison Young annoying voice" to see if others out there felt the same! I feel bad now because I quite like her most of the time and I've got very used to her voice.

I don't think I realised at first how useful the site is for knowledge of products, their use, the alternatives, etc but then shortly after the above, I was looking on the net for info on Leighton Denny sets as I'd seen there was a TSV coming up in a few days' time. Again, st.com came up and I was amazed to see that people on here knew exactly what the TSV would be and even the price so I bookmarked the forum like a shot. It felt like I'd found not only something very helpful but also a source of "privileged" information, almost as if it was clandestine! I still love it for the same reasons.

I don't think I posted for some time though.

I discovered the site quite by accident. I was googling something I was considering buying from QVC and whatever it was ( I forget what ) came up in a link to this forum and had been discussed previously on here.

Says my join date is 2008, but I think that is when we moved forums as I was a member long before that.

I was looking some beauty brand up and found a beauty forum. Someone there mentioned shoppingtelly and I thought okay lets have a look. In those days I had internet through my TV on CableTel!!! I have a strange memory of joining a thread on here about Dr. Crippen!!! :mysmilie_59:

I joined ST many years ago when it was quite new and long before the launch of our sister forum - Craft Telly. I know only read a few threads here but all of the ones on CT.

Latest posts

Back