I give up!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weird i went upstairs on the pc and i've been logged in since 6pm came back down stairs and can't log on on my laptop? anyone know what the difference between the 2 may be as i am a real techno phobe lol?

Weird i went upstairs on the pc and i've been logged in since 6pm came back down stairs and can't log on on my laptop? anyone know what the difference between the 2 may be as i am a real techno phobe lol?

The stairs??????????? :tongue2:

Sorry couldn't resist!

MIL says it may be because i'm on vista and pc is XP? i hate computers lol

Don't think so (she says like she knows what she's talking about) because I can't log in on my laptop (Vista) or my work pc (XP).

Hello everyone,

One question that the techies have asked me to ask you. When you try and log in and have problems, is this from the auction room, or from elsewhere on the site?

John

Hi John .... my problem isn't logging in, it's staying logged in.

I seem to get logged out for no reason, for the last two days it's been happening when I press F5. I also gave other examples in the "New Website" thread.

John

I can't log in from anywhere - the CR site, the log in/register button or the other log in button. Hope that helps.

Meesh x

Thanks, Fluff & Meeshoo.

If you can let me know the exact steps you take, and what happens (what it says on the screen, how long it takes, preferably screen shots) that might help the techies work out what the problem is.

John

John - mine's simple! If I click on anything that says "log in" absolutely nothing happens. Nothing at all. The screen doesn't move to the log in stage. So I could give you tons of screenshots BUT it won't help cos I don't get error messages, get routed anywhere etc. Just nothing happens!

Have you told your techies that I can log in via the non secure way? That's strange isn't it - however, I can see my basket and can add to it BUT then the "proceed to checkout" button doesn't work either so I have to phone CS to get my order put through.

Hope that helps.

Screenshots attached:

Step 1 - search for coloured rocks on Google (so I don't use anything stored in favourites etc). Click on one of the links that come up.

Step 2 - this is the screen I see.

Step 3 - click on the sign in button (top right). The only thing that happens is the "waiting for" box shows bottom of the screen. As soon as I take my cursor off the sign in box, the waiting for disappears.

Nothing happens. I'm stuck on that page.

HTH

Attachments

• CR1.jpg
    CR1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 135
  • CR2.jpg
    CR2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 141
  • CR3.jpg
    CR3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 138
I didn't realise that the links didn't do anything for you! I have told them already about the fact that the non-secure login works for you. The checkout is only available in secure, so that really points to it being the secure element that won't work with your pc.

I'll let them know the extra information, and see what they come up with. Thanks for the screenshots.

John

Last edited:
With me i log in at 12pm no problem then after 5 mins i get logged out so i go to LOG IN at the top of the auction site or CR site (makes no difference) and it takes me to a page where all my details are already there so i click the on LOG IN button and it flashes up "hi Marie76 your now being logged in" it then takes me back to the CS home page but i'm not logged in so i click on LOG IN again and the same happens an i go round in circles lol
HTH i have no idea how to do screen grabs!

With me i log in at 12pm no problem then after 5 mins i get logged out so i go to LOG IN at the top of the auction site or CR site (makes no difference) and it takes me to a page where all my details are already there so i click the on LOG IN button and it flashes up "hi Marie76 your now being logged in" it then takes me back to the CS home page but i'm not logged in so i click on LOG IN again and the same happens an i go round in circles lol
HTH i have no idea how to do screen grabs!

That is EXACTLY what happens to me, gemcherub.

Have to close my comp down and start all over again
.... bloomin' annoying isn't it?

John,

My problem (as you probably know!) was exactly the same as Meeshoo's, I simply didn't get taken to the Log In or Checkout page & as with Meeshoo, there was no error message of any kind, nothing happened whatsoever apart from the 'waiting for' box getting as far as one bar off conecting & never reaching the final step to get me to the page.

Like Meeshoo, I was able to log in not securely. All other areas of the site (bar Checkout) worked perfectly normally for me once logged in & I have never experienced the spontaneous logging out problem that others have.

I use the past tense as, (as I mentioned in my last email), I have suddenly (& inexplicably!) been able to log in successfully (& securely!) in the last couple of days! Hurray......fingers crossed it's permanent! :up2:

Latest posts

Back