If you could what would you treat yourself to...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Veronese jewellery, Russian diamonds Easiyo yoghurts in abundance, I'd try the Lulu skincare range and treat myself to Lulu Guiness handbag. I have simple tastes lol

Thank you my lovelies for respondng so positively to my shameless promotion of Give and Make Up. :sun::star::flower::clapping::angel: :mysmilie_500::mysmilie_508::mysmilie_479: :mysmilie_14: :mysmilie_851::mysmilie_852: :mysmilie_504: :angel::clapping::flower::star::sun:

It's just such a good cause - and for those of us who buy beauty from QVC in sets and kits and 9 piece TSVs :wink: it's so easy to help because we all have spares and surpluses. :blush:

I volunteer at a refuge and I am so happy that I can use my trivial frivolous interest in make up and superficial things to do make overs that help people get new jobs and more importantly , change their appearance and help keep them safe.

The ladies have to move, leave their jobs and put their children in new schools to get away from some men. A different hair cut, a pack of hair colour, an eyebrow redesign and a new style of make up helps make them harder to spot even if their ex finds out where they've moved to.

A new coat is also a must, so they can't be recognised at a distance.

Anyway. Thank you so much for being so positive. (I was a bit worried that people would mind me posting the link.)

Last edited:
Never be worried when you are doing something good.:happy: (Voluntering for this must be very rewarding).

Thank you for saying that hon. :mysmilie_508: It is, it's brilliant. You wouldn't think that me being make up and product obsessed would be useful to either man nor beast would you? But it is now that I've found a little niche where my obsession with shallow girly things can be useful! :nod: :blush:

When ladies arrive they usually have only a small bag (usually filled with things for the children!) or just what they stand up in. They can't use a cash point to their old account in case their ex gets hold of the statement with the address of the cashpoint used on it, and getting a new job and getting to pay day or getting benefits organised typically takes about 6 -8 weeks.

In the meantime everybody needs to be able to wash their hair and put a bit of a face on and feel human don't they?

Give and Make Up also take hair styling tools so if anybody has old hairdryers, straighteners, hotbrushes and tongs they no longer use... :heart::rock:

Thank you for saying that hon. :mysmilie_508: It is, it's brilliant. You wouldn't think that me being make up and product obsessed would be useful to either man nor beast would you? But it is now that I've found a little niche where my obsession with shallow girly things can be useful! :nod: :blush:

When ladies arrive they usually have only a small bag (usually filled with things for the children!) or just what they stand up in. They can't use a cash point to their old account in case their ex gets hold of the statement with the address of the cashpoint used on it, and getting a new job and getting to pay day or getting benefits organised typically takes about 6 -8 weeks.

In the meantime everybody needs to be able to wash their hair and put a bit of a face on and feel human don't they?

Give and Make Up also take hair styling tools so if anybody has old hairdryers, straighteners, hotbrushes and tongs they no longer use... :heart::rock:

As a Welfare Benefits Caseworker I know too well that benefits can take a very long time to organise and day in day out I come across people who are in desperate need and have. We make up food parcels at work & staff bring in food, which is given to clients who do not have any money to buy food with. I never knew about Give and Make Up and thanks to you, I will inform everybody at work about this as I am sure they will also be more than happy to send stuff & will also pass the info on to others. We are always interested hear about such useful organisations so thank you once again.

PS - volunteering is indeed very rewarding & volunteers really do keep organisations & services running. I think they are worth their weight in gold. Keep up the good work x

As a Welfare Benefits Caseworker I know too well that benefits can take a very long time to organise and day in day out I come across people who are in desperate need and have. We make up food parcels at work & staff bring in food, which is given to clients who do not have any money to buy food with. I never knew about Give and Make Up and thanks to you, I will inform everybody at work about this as I am sure they will also be more than happy to send stuff & will also pass the info on to others. We are always interested hear about such useful organisations so thank you once again.

PS - volunteering is indeed very rewarding & volunteers really do keep organisations & services running. I think they are worth their weight in gold. Keep up the good work x

:hi: Right back at you chick! You're helping people every single day. :sun: I'm really happy that we're all helping to get the word out. Your colleagues at work sound like a lovely bunch of people. :happy: I think a lot of work places could send a box to Give and Make Up, it just takes someone to organise it.

I'm not on Facebook, but I've asked a friend to post it on QVC's page there.

Thanks again everybody for an overwhelmingly positive response. I've been genuinely thrilled to bits. :mysmilie_508::mysmilie_852:

:hi: Right back at you chick! You're helping people every single day. :sun: I'm really happy that we're all helping to get the word out. Your colleagues at work sound like a lovely bunch of people. :happy: I think a lot of work places could send a box to Give and Make Up, it just takes someone to organise it.

I'm not on Facebook, but I've asked a friend to post it on QVC's page there.

Thanks again everybody for an overwhelmingly positive response. I've been genuinely thrilled to bits. :mysmilie_508::mysmilie_852:

I've posted the link to my Facebook page and also to my Twitter feed - already had a few people commenting and saying they would donate - I am also going to have a direct link to their blog put on my own blog as an advert type thingybob. My boyfriend is doing the same too.

Love A'kin, thanks so much for posting that link. I'm emigrating in July and having a good old clear out. I can't be bothered selling on eBay anymore and am loathe to chuck perfectly good stuff that I'm just not going to use up before I go...now I know what do to with it.

You truly are a lovely person :grin::clapping:

Tx

I've posted the link to my Facebook page and also to my Twitter feed - already had a few people commenting and saying they would donate - I am also going to have a direct link to their blog put on my own blog as an advert type thingybob. My boyfriend is doing the same too.

:hi: That's really fantastic cherub! You are a :star: I tear up a bit thinking about all the ladies who have been through so much, being able to pamper themselves with our lovely QVC presteeejus products. :frown::biggrin:

Love A'kin, thanks so much for posting that link. I'm emigrating in July and having a good old clear out. I can't be bothered selling on eBay anymore and am loathe to chuck perfectly good stuff that I'm just not going to use up before I go...now I know what do to with it.

You truly are a lovely person :grin::clapping:

Tx

:hi: :blush: Bless you hon! What a kind thing to say! I'm really glad that helping Give and Make up will help you too. You just can't take it all when you emigrate can you? When we declutter at home We try and get ourselves in the mindset of emigrating, and would we pay to have this sent on to us or do we really not need it all that much?

With us QVC ladies on the case Give and Make Up will have more stuff than they know what to do with.

I'm really chuffed.

:sun::clapping::flower::mysmilie_500: :mysmilie_851: :mysmilie_852::mysmilie_866::mysmilie_508:

Good luck with your move!

omg A'kin! thank you!
I was just about to do an Ebay makeup lot... but now its going straight to that site
I admit the line:
"we also accept good quality, clean bedding and clothing. - particularly for the children" made me cry lots

lots of love
Moynah xxxx

I know, doesn't it just break your heart. :heartbroke:

Latest posts

Back