is anyone staying up/looking forward/gonna purchase the kipling tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was debating the purple print or the magnetic purple - but I'm determined not to buy.I get swept along with all the hype and all the shows and I know when I get it home I won't like the long strap.

I got this one for DD, as opposed to any other from the range as the Magnetic Purple is a fav colour & the TSV is in her price range, she can't & doesn't want to run to 50-60+ quid for a bag, so hopefully, this'll fit the bill!

** Sits on the Weirdo bench with Love A'kin **
I detest branded goods unless they are cars or washing machines or the like.
I love slightly quirky stuff and like to be 'different' from the crowd. I would be horrified if someone could point at something I was wearing and identify it's provenance. I am uniquely me.:hi:

It's nice to have some company honeybunny. :sun: Shall I make us some tea?

That's pretty much how I feel. If you can identify something's branding at ten paces then I don't want it. . I like to "be my own brand" and avoid all the others. I'd also like my own "brand" to be about me being funny and lovely and not about my handbag / jeans / shoes. I won't even wear Louboutins because they are instantly recognisable.

Some people have the gift of putting obviously branded things together and making them their own - but I don't have that talent. I just feel uncomfortably "logoed" or "branded" and as if the item is wearing me like a billboard.

I can handle the Levis 501 level of branding - a little tag here and there and stamped rivets and buttons - but that's about my limit.

My son's the same - about everything except trainers funnily enough. I think that's because trainers have reached the stage where the brand is all that matters. It's not about performance for casual trainers it's just about what brand they are cos that identifies what tribe you are.

My daughter wears a long plain vest, jeans and Converse with her emo mates and the same vest, same jeans and Adidas for her RnB mates. Changing the brand of her trainers is all she needs to do to slot in.

(Which just makes me feel very old!):D

*dismounts hobby horse* I know I'm weird about this. One of my friends recommended a book called Pattern Recognition by William Gibson cos he says one of the main characters is like me only worse - which might make me feel less of an oddbod so I borrowed it from the library this morning. I've read the first page and I'm interested already so at the very least it might be a good read! :D

It's nice to have some company honeybunny. :sun: Shall I make us some tea?

That's pretty much how I feel. If you can identify something's branding at ten paces then I don't want it. . I like to "be my own brand" and avoid all the others. I'd also like my own "brand" to be about me being funny and lovely and not about my handbag / jeans / shoes. I won't even wear Louboutins because they are instantly recognisable.

Some people have the gift of putting obviously branded things together and making them their own - but I don't have that talent. I just feel uncomfortably "logoed" or "branded" and as if the item is wearing me like a billboard.

I can handle the Levis 501 level of branding - a little tag here and there and stamped rivets and buttons - but that's about my limit.

My son's the same - about everything except trainers funnily enough. I think that's because trainers have reached the stage where the brand is all that matters. It's not about performance for casual trainers it's just about what brand they are cos that identifies what tribe you are.

My daughter wears a long plain vest, jeans and Converse with her emo mates and the same vest, same jeans and Adidas for her RnB mates. Changing the brand of her trainers is all she needs to do to slot in.

(Which just makes me feel very old!):D

*dismounts hobby horse* I know I'm weird about this. One of my friends recommended a book called Pattern Recognition by William Gibson cos he says one of the main characters is like me only worse - which might make me feel less of an oddbod so I borrowed it from the library this morning. I've read the first page and I'm interested already so at the very least it might be a good read! :D

No sugar or milk in mine, and weak as dishwater please..............
As I said, I don't think you are an "oddbod", let me know if I should read the book, too. People always ask me where I get my clothes (and no, they aren't actually secretly sniggering). I think it's because they aren't instantly recognisable. I'm not a clothes snob and will wear cheap or expensive clothes and mix them happily, the only criteria is, they mustn't look cheap. One of my favourite and most admired tops came from ASDA but the material is beautiful and totally belies it's price. I don't do fussy, gilt buttons or any kind of writing.

i am a total fiend when it comes to buying a brand.companies spend huge amounts to sell a brand and usually because of this the quality is quite good.

i find that if a i buy really cheap stuff i am unsatisfied with it unless its a quality brand that i got a good discount on.

my nieghbour never really wears brands and she always looks good. but i dont feel confident enough to do this.

No sugar or milk in mine, and weak as dishwater please..............
As I said, I don't think you are an "oddbod", let me know if I should read the book, too. People always ask me where I get my clothes (and no, they aren't actually secretly sniggering). I think it's because they aren't instantly recognisable. I'm not a clothes snob and will wear cheap or expensive clothes and mix them happily, the only criteria is, they mustn't look cheap. One of my favourite and most admired tops came from ASDA but the material is beautiful and totally belies it's price. I don't do fussy, gilt buttons or any kind of writing.

Ooo there's nothing better than a beautiful bargain that you wear often and always feel good in! :sun: If something is made well, and in a nice fabric then who cares where it comes from (so long as it doesn't have a big old logo across the chest of course! :D)

Saw the TSV today but not really a collector of Kipling. I always wonder when they say made especially for QVC, why they do that. I did like the shape. x

Ooo there's nothing better than a beautiful bargain that you wear often and always feel good in! :sun: If something is made well, and in a nice fabric then who cares where it comes from (so long as it doesn't have a big old logo across the chest of course! :D)[/QUO

I never got why that well known T shirts with the store name across the front became so popular. F...
MY DD & DS and all their friends lived in them a few years ago.......:taphead:

Ooo there's nothing better than a beautiful bargain that you wear often and always feel good in! :sun: If something is made well, and in a nice fabric then who cares where it comes from (so long as it doesn't have a big old logo across the chest of course! :D)[/QUO

I never got why that well known T shirts with the store name across the front became so popular. F...
MY DD & DS and all their friends lived in them a few years ago.......:taphead:

Me either honey. In my day it was Frankie Says Relax which was bad enough!

(showing my age there!) :D

Apologies for thread hijackng guys. :eek:

I really like this bag, it would be a perfect work bag for me. It looks similar in size to my current fave the Delta/Defea, but with a division of the large compartment, (which was my only criticism of the D/D, as once something goes in there, it's lost for weeks!). I still have an unused D/D in Jazzy Blue, sitting in my wardrobe so I do not need this bag - but I really want the purple one - Farters please help!

Sorry, can't help p-a-l, as I bought the purple one myself.

Too late came the fart! I've ordered the purple, and I will auction my blue defea to offset the cost.
I used to have Murph in a couple of colours and that was also a fab bag - but it needed a long strap. I think this TSV is the Kipling bag I would have designed for myself, it seems to tick all my boxes.

Oh well, just read this. Hope you like it.

Well I didn't buy it and feel really pleased with myself!! knew I didn't want it really! will probably be gutted when you lot tell me how great it is and I read the reviews on qvc!

I got the pink najia:heart::heart::heart:. Bit gutted it's about the only one not sold out!! Have I no taste??!! I think I will now try to sell my black cuby follo to pay for it :cheeky:!!

I got the pink najia:heart::heart::heart:. Bit gutted it's about the only one not sold out!! Have I no taste??!! I think I will now try to sell my black cuby follo to pay for it :cheeky:!!

Oh yeah, I forgot I also have an unused one of these in my wardrobe too - a good idea to sell that too, and maybe I will recover the whole price of this TSV. Can't wait for my luvverly purple bag to come now ... :tongue2:

I ummed and aahhed and in the end ordered the black on waitlist about 5pm this evening. The pink wasn't really for me. I went to order the purple this morning and it had gone. I don't know if I'll get it as it's on waitlist though.

Oh, you were lucky Jasper! I tried to order the black OTO but it was gone, I'm on waitlist for it now... I thought it was very good value, a similar saving as the TSV (I like the TSV bag, but I felt the saving on the full price wasn't fabulous)

Oh, you were lucky Jasper! I tried to order the black OTO but it was gone, I'm on waitlist for it now... I thought it was very good value, a similar saving as the TSV (I like the TSV bag, but I felt the saving on the full price wasn't fabulous)
As soon as I saw the preview I went on the internet site, and placed my order. I probably would have missed it too if I used the phone, as the swanky grey colour sold out first. I hope you get your bag on waitlist, remember to keep checking the website to see if it becomes available.:flower:

Latest posts

Back