Is Keenan getting worse ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've just suffered 5 minutes of gabbling Keenan and I've had to switch channels. She's continually over talking the diamond guest and wanting to get her comment in, whether its about the product or shrieking at her surprise that America don't have driving schools, or that the guest had never tasted Marmite !

Not been my day after enduring 10 minutes of stupidly embarrassing Chloe this morning. I can't stand all the 'hyper'.

I've just suffered 5 minutes of gabbling Keenan and I've had to switch channels. She's continually over talking the diamond guest and wanting to get her comment in, whether its about the product or shrieking at her surprise that America don't have driving schools, or that the guest had never tasted Marmite !

Not been my day after enduring 10 minutes of stupidly embarrassing Chloe this morning. I can't stand all the 'hyper'.
I like Alison, but I have to agree with you. It's like a compulsion now. The verbal diarrhoea seems unstoppable. I ended up feeling frustrated for the guests.
And it's not for anything useful that she interrupts the guest. Not even to remind people how to order, or to say stocks are low. Just rambling unfinished sentences and an inane huff of laughter...
Mind you she is still more tolerable than an hour of Chloe.

What IS the matter with Keenan ? Is she like this at home ? Or is she a mouse outside QVC ? She's an intelligent, worldly woman. Surely she knows from emails and watching reruns of herself on TV that she is much more than a motor mouth. Bottom line, she can't control herself. A compulsive yakker. Do some of the guests think, 'Oh no!' when they find out she is the presenter ? She makes herself appear ridiculous and, perhaps, talking herself out of a job.

A lot of people on TV gabble now so maybe it's the in thing. I can't speak that quickly and my brain won't process the wordflow of the gabblers so it all flows over me and they can't sell me anything, which is an excellent situation to be in!

Alison used to be quite engaging, and was one of the few whose patter was enriched by a good vocabulary, good diction, and relatively few repetitive stock phrases. The speed we are now witnessing means it's now impossible to discern what she is talking about most of the time. She needs to calm it down as well as slow it down.

I do like Alison, but wonder how on earth she keeps up the pace! She must be exhausted after a two hour show! She is always well turned out, and looks like she’s made an effort, which is more than I can say for some of the other presenters these days. I’m not liking her hair at the moment, much too blonde and becoming helmet-like. In fact I think a few of them have gotten hold of the bleach bottle, Chloe has gone very blonde, Jill needs to do something with the colour and cut,and Jackie is a disaster! Her hair is in shocking condition, looks like frayed rope! not a good advert for all the wonderful, amazing, over priced tools and products that they sell.

I do like Alison, but wonder how on earth she keeps up the pace! She must be exhausted after a two hour show! She is always well turned out, and looks like she’s made an effort, which is more than I can say for some of the other presenters these days. I’m not liking her hair at the moment, much too blonde and becoming helmet-like. In fact I think a few of them have gotten hold of the bleach bottle, Chloe has gone very blonde, Jill needs to do something with the colour and cut,and Jackie is a disaster! Her hair is in shocking condition, looks like frayed rope! not a good advert for all the wonderful, amazing, over priced tools and products that they sell.
Do they use the Dyson hairdryers, do you think ? If Jackie does, she's not a good advert for it. Little Jill's hair (mostly extensions) badly needs trimming and it's way too bleached. Alison's is all dark at the roots in the back. Maybe that's a 'look.' Jilly has nice hair, but it's too lanky. Six inches off would work wonders for her. The best hairdo IMO is A Young's. Her skin is lovely too. Well, it should be with all the products she tests. (One hundred tests going on in her home laboratory at the moment, she said.)

One of the girls my daughter shared a uni house with had hair like Kabler the gabbler's & every salon she visited made her sign a disclaimer. She could take a strand, bend it over & it would snap off, in every respect it looked like Shredded Wheat.

Do they use the Dyson hairdryers, do you think ? If Jackie does, she's not a good advert for it. Little Jill's hair (mostly extensions) badly needs trimming and it's way too bleached. Alison's is all dark at the roots in the back. Maybe that's a 'look.' Jilly has nice hair, but it's too lanky. Six inches off would work wonders for her. The best hairdo IMO is A Young's. Her skin is lovely too. Well, it should be with all the products she tests. (One hundred tests going on in her home laboratory at the moment, she said.)
Katy Pullinger has lovely hair, as does Queen Julia & if she also had this amount trimmed off it would also be more age appropriate.

Oh Brissles perfectly summed up again, I too switched channels. Either with age I am less tolerant of people who are whittering on needlessly or are right up themselves, but I can’t stand it!

The term “Gatling gun” comes to mind. Listening to her wears me out. Although I don’t watch the channel that much, I much prefer the quiet, soft spoken approach of Jilly Halliday. She doesn’t make you feel that you MUST buy something because you can’t live without it.

Debbie has also adopted a sing song, hushed tone recently that is more suited to talking to children. 🙄 Having taught for 44 years, I can confirm that talking to, or being surrounded by, children doesn’t make you speak to people like that.

She'll still get mentioned when she's left school with kids of her own :rolleyes:. Old cabbage clock never misses an opportunity to mention hers either - Blake, y'know is a little girl.

Cabbage Clock?? I work in a school and the new primary ones arrived today. I like to look at the names as they get more odd or old fashioned every year. There's a Winnie, a Roo (honestly there is), two Beau's, Daisy, Imogen, Isa (Still Game anyone!), Summer and more. Had I had children it would have been John or Joy.

CC

Latest posts

Back