Is QVC a friend in the corner?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I may have mentioned this before but very often I just have QVC on whether I am watching it or not.

It is hard to explain to people who still have family living at home with them. It isn't even the same for people who go out to work.

The thing is sometimes you just want to hear a friendly voice. When I can't sleep, I don't always want to start watching a film late at night. I can't always find the concentration for a full film to be honest.

As QVC is live until 2am, sometimes it is just nice to know that these people are still up at the same time as yourself.

I live alone in a large detached property and have had several robberies. It isn't how I want to live my life but I have to accept it.

I don't purchase as much as I used to from QVC but I am glad it is still there to moan about.

I hope you mean burglary not robbery Gem Genie as both are absolutely awful but I would say robbery is worse... But yes. I don't live alone but my working hours are such that I can be in the house alone at odd times, and my husband does on call work in the middle of the night too. QVC is my equivalent of radio. I don't actually own a radio! Believe it or not I hate shopping, but enjoy shopping from QVC. I am careful with their prices though.

I am sorry to hear of your experiences Gem Genie - how frightening for you *hug*.

I have to say, although I don't buy much at all these days from Q, it is nice to have it on in the background - for the reasons you say. It's like having a "friendly" voice, even though we all gripe about the presenters and products - I wouldn't want to not have it on. I get very lonely, anxious and depressed and I find it soothing in a way, for it just to be on as a distraction in a way perhaps other channels and programmes wouldn't. I can't explain why. Like you say Gem Genie, I haven't chosen my current life path - but there's nothing I can do about it and have to accept it for now. I wouldn't want to not have QVC there either!!

Aw, GemGenie, I can empathise. I like to have the telly set to radio 4, the one with the stories. I programme it to shut itself off and set the picture to off, so I don't have the flickering lights bother me at night-time (save electricity, also). The detective stories are on at 1am. Works for me. Well, usually. x Snarly

Last edited:
I used to have QVC on in the background when on the computer or even reading. Now and for quite a while it actually annoys me. I have one of the history/crime channels on now.

And it's nice to have this forum to learn from others. The interaction. And the giggles. And to go Oooh over the kitties/doggies. Well, that's how it is in Snarly's den, anyway.

Speaking of the kitties/doggies here's mu grumpy old man Alfie 8 years ago. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339951765.351657.jpg

I have always been honest to say that sometimes i "need" QVC.

My DH works away doing shift work...my teens out doing their own thing...I often have QVC on company/background noise.I use it a bit like a radio I suppose.

Its the first thing I switch on when I come in,and I have it on whilst going to sleep too.

I do work but sometimes I come in and put it on and immediately like ahhh! I'm home!

I have a really busy life- kids, full-on job, pets etc, but like all have said thus far, Q is a friendly, non-threatening diversion. I don't buy much, but love to pick up QVC brands when I'm out at car boot sales etc. Then I can sit and watch presentations about my bargains!

WeatherGirl - awww, I love him! He's the image of my Tiddles who shared 19 years with me. She had the sticky-outy white whiskers and black face, white started under her chin, too. Some refer to them as TuxedoKitties. Thanks for sharing WG and a tickle-under-the-chin to the GrumpyOldMan! The one with the 4foots! ;-)

Thanks Snarly. My GrumpyOldMan is sulking today as we took him to the V.E.T yesterday for annual boosters, Program jab and worming. I hope we have as many years with him as you have had with yours. 8 is middle aged for a cat but fingers crossed we can double that. Xx

Aww Weathergirl your Alfie is like my Ainzley except Ainz has a white smudge on his nose. He too went to the V.E.T on Monday. Not a happy boy at all.

Gem Genie I have QVC on in the background all the time as I spend a lot of time on my own with Ainzley and he's asleep most of the time!! It's just comforting to hear a familiar voice. XXX

Sulking is to be expected after that trauma :-( They want, actually demand, extra cuddling. Tiddles had 2xdaily insulin shots the last 3 years, so 'pudgey' was a real trooper. You still have the diva divo? years ahead! lol Aw, Bless ...

Ainzley has apoorly heart and liver so he has to visit the V.E.T every three months - a traumatic experience for all concerned. They have to sedate him to examine him as he is such a drama queen lol!!! (=>_<=) XX

There's no shock element with Q! Well, hardly.

Oh, I don't know. I feel the shock element Liam.

Sometimes the prices are gob-smacking-ly awful, I'm shocked!

Some claims are out rage jus.
I'm shocked!
There was Jill Franks trying to persuade me the other night that Perricone would "turn my skin around". "Honestly!" (if ever a word was misused lol). She was so "proud" of those who had managed to get the one time only, & they wouldn't regret it....
If only she knew what an utter, utter disappointment I am. She'd be shocked!

As would Miss Ali.
Egad!
What would she say to my EV Olive Oil face wash that doubles up as my moisturiser, my castor sugar scrub, my bicarb pore shrinker.
Go on - what would she say?
I shudder to think, but I assure you the face-off would be memorable <evil chuckle>

AND I'm so mean!
You'd be shocked!
I don't buy for the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker ... Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.
Debbie Flint & Claire Sutton would be mortified!

As for style, well I've not got that! I don't own a single garment sold by Q. Must be something very wrong with me.
No little pump, no little anything to dress up or down.

Q on my television in the corner, is a riot. I can only take so much of it. I have to ration myself to advert breaks.
It has tried to brainwash me.....
I WIN!

:whew: So true min. It serves us all in different ways, as long as we keep our purses shut most of the time and this has been such an easy thing to do of late.

:whew: So true min. It serves us all in different ways, as long as we keep our purses shut most of the time and this has been such an easy thing to do of late.

Ooh, I don't know if I'll be able to do that next Friday.
There's 7 hours of Ken Paves on the schedule ....

I keep forgetting to say, I love your butterfly

Latest posts

Back