It's Not All About You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I find the implied "we're bullying her" as well as the "if only we knew" statements a bit much.

Well she s just playing the victim isn't she. Implying that we are all picking on her & giving her a problem.

Who created it in the first place ? :sad:

Ive just tried to watch the video but it doesnt look like its working. Maybe she's asked for it to be removed?

Well I like Catherine and feel sad that she might be going through a hard time at the moment and that this thread has upset her.

Well I like Catherine and feel sad that she might be going through a hard time at the moment and that this thread has upset her.

While I don't wish ill on anyone, (after all, we all have our own troubles), Ms H needs to put an objective distance between CH the person and CH the person paid to flog stuff on QVC; they AREN'T one and the same.

I don't know CH the woman - she may well be jolly nice for all I know. But CH the presenter on QVC is open to criticism as much as any other presenter is.

If CH is finding it hard to distinguish between the two because of personal issues, then maybe she needs to take time out. After all, if she causes someone to buy something though inadverdently mis-selling because her mind's not on the ball, does the customer not have the right to complain just because Ms H isn't 100%?

If you think the answer's "no", then something's seriously wrong somewhere.

In all fairness to Catherine, the video could well have been pulled as the item has sold out.
I would have thought to ask for it's removal, would not be a very good move for her at all.

I never intended my thread to upset and I certainly didn't intend, that she should withdraw from twitter because it.

As a QVC customer together with a member on here, I expect at least an informative presentation of an item, that I would interested in and being able to comment on the one provided.

I had hoped Catherine would have been able to act in a more positive way, about the comment.

:sun:

In all fairness to Catherine, the video could well have been pulled as the item has sold out.
I would have thought to ask for it's removal, would not be a very good move for her at all.

I never intended my thread to upset and I certainly didn't intend, that she should withdraw from twitter because it.

As a QVC customer together with a member on here, I expect at least an informative presentation of an item, that I would interested in and being able to comment on the one provided.

I had hoped Catherine would have been able to act in a more positive way, about the comment.

:sun:

bags: don't worry, lovey.

CH is a grown woman, and is capable of making her own decisions. If she's thin skinned enough to find one thread tantamount to "bullying", then she has no business putting herself in front of the camera.

From the vague comments about us "not knowing what she's going through", I think that CH has a lot on her mind personally. If she's unable to deal with criticism of her professional performance, then perhaps she needs to take the time to sort out her personal issues.

That's hardly YOUR fault love; and anyway, as previously mentioned CH gets of comparatively lightly compared to most of the other QVC presenters. Craig Rowe's not disappeared from Facebook after all he's been called, has he? :wink:

Last edited:
Bags you haven't forced her to withdraw from twitter, if she does it's her decision.

What I don't understand is why she chose to mention it on twitter, if she was that upset why didn't she just share it with her family and friends. The cynic in me says it's so that everyone would twitter poistive comments back and tell her how wonderful she is.

I wonder how Catherine felt about the thread where the poster said she felt C H had deliberately misled the viewers about the reviews of a product? That would upset me an awful lot, I'm a truthful person and to be seen as anything else would have me blubbing away.
Catherine also stated she "treats others as she would wish to be treated", ie she doesn't attack them (not being impressed is now attacking). Well therein may be something to think about Catherine, because if you were in my home and spoke in a similar manner to your tweets, I would ask you to leave. This isn't hypothetical, I have told unpleasant people to go and I wasn't a bit sorry later on.
I agree with KTW, if this is so upsetting perhaps things are spilling over from other parts of her life and she needs to take some time to herself and get herself back on track.

If she's that concerned and hurt anyway why on earth does she trawl the forums looking for trouble?!? She just loves the adulation over on Twitter - coukd she not just use that to feed her self-obsession? Sorry, but her sickly sweet style covering the steel inner just puts me right off.

If Catherine was a member on here she would see how wonderfully supportive people on this forum are to each other in the drop. There have been heartbreaking stories about member's personal lives and the others have rallied round and offered words of comfort and support. I speak from experience.

Not one member,I can recall, has ever made a fuss if someone has made a post that disagrees with theirs, and moaned that because they're having a hard time everyone should agree with everything they say or do .

So I would say to you Catherine we're not a nasty bunch of people we just don't agree with or like everything we see or hear.I think I can safely say we have enough respect for each other that we can freely agree or disagree and get over it without any personal offence being taken.

I suggest to avoid upset ,you just take the comments about your presentation as constructive criticism and take the remarks about your lavatorial humour as nothing more than an opposing point of view that we are entitled too. Life's too short

Get so bored of the "if you don't know your friend's ring size, what about a pendant?" Come on we can work that one out for ourselves.
Meanwhile on the BBC the news team are outlining some of the worse cuts made by a government in decades, plus the retirement age to rise for men and women.

QVC is looking more and more ludicrous these days IMO. A lot of us have all the jewellery, bedding, clothes and bags we will ever need. Who has the space for these never-ending bargains and must-haves? Perhaps QVC should start selling lines which help people save money and time.

What a ridiculous statement. YOU are the one watching it. If you are so bothered about the government cuts and you do do indeed already have a house full of all the crap you will ever need TURN QVC OFF! No one is making you watch, just like no one is forcing you to buy the things. Jeez. What are you after? A channel selling Betterware?

I've read these forums on and off for a while and the majority of you seem to slate QVC for just about everything. Do you realise there are other channels you can watch?
I'm not interested in watching craft hours or anything gadgety - and you know what? I DON'T! I certainly dont spend the hour sat on my sofa watching it and then come on here and rip the whole show apart.

I always feel that I really want to like Catherine. I don't know if I'm a bit naive but most of the time she comes across as a really nice person, and someone I'd like to have as a friend. HOWEVER, as I have mentioned in another post, she spoils it with the hard sell, said in a lovely soft voice, but hard sell all the same.
Catherine, if you're reading this - please don't go off Twitter. I don't use that website myself, but you really shouldn't feel as though you need to retreat from it, just because people have considered a small amount of your tweets inappropriate. Unfortunately, if you are in the public eye, you are open to public opinion. I think most viewers just want the presenters to be more genuine. And in my opinion, the best presenters are ones who don't make you feel like you're being 'sold to.' Pipa and Claudia do this quite well. I enjoy watching their shows because it just feels like they are showing you items rather than SELLING them to you. I know it is a presenters job to sell, but if you can tone down the hardsell Catherine, you will definitely have a new fan!

What a ridiculous statement. YOU are the one watching it. If you are so bothered about the government cuts and you do do indeed already have a house full of all the crap you will ever need TURN QVC OFF! No one is making you watch, just like no one is forcing you to buy the things. Jeez. What are you after? A channel selling Betterware?

I've read these forums on and off for a while and the majority of you seem to slate QVC for just about everything. Do you realise there are other channels you can watch?
I'm not interested in watching craft hours or anything gadgety - and you know what? I DON'T! I certainly dont spend the hour sat on my sofa watching it and then come on here and rip the whole show apart.

Nor do I: I'll slate it while I'm watching it :tongue:

QVC can't have it both ways: they encourage the poor sad folk who have no sense or lives to ring in and waffle on about how great the channel is; so they can't stand to be criticised?

I think a lot of people have started watching shopping TV out of boredom, been sucked in to trying stuff out, then hit problems with customer services.

This forum is a godsend for those of us who need support in dealing with customer services giving us the runaround. It's also good to share what we like about shows and also what we don't.

But what one person likes, another doesn't. There's no right or wrong.

Last edited:

do you realise there are other forums you could go and read if you don't like this one?

But surely that is the point of this forum, somewhere to get things off your chest.
If you're that unhappy about what is said on here, why in Gods name are you still reading it????
QVC brings a lot of people a lot of pleasure, but this is one of the few places where we can say what we really think.
If I started talking about QVC to my mates, most of them would think I was off my trolley for watching it, but I enjoy it & come on this forum to talk about it.

Welcome Weeble...but why join a forum that seems to wind you up with its comments? Come back with something light-hearted Luv; most of the input here is funny, informative, friendly, only a tiny part is unwarranted criticism.

Jude xx

But surely that is the point of this forum, somewhere to get things off your chest.
If you're that unhappy about what is said on here, why in Gods name are you still reading it????
QVC brings a lot of people a lot of pleasure, but this is one of the few places where we can say what we really think.
If I started talking about QVC to my mates, most of them would think I was off my trolley for watching it, but I enjoy it & come on this forum to talk about it.

I can understand bitching about problems you may have had with orders or returns, I totally get that.
What I don't get is people whinging about the hard sell that the presenters do - its their ****** job! They're glorified sales people, but instead of standing in your local shopping centre or ringing you, they're on the telly. And you have the choice of walking away (or changing the channel as it were).
The impression I get from this forum is that most of you hate QVC, think the presenters are absolute halfwits and the products are crap. Maybe I'm wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back