Joan Collins make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well Pick-a-Lily it's a chameleon shade. It looks much more of a pinky gold on the bullet but on my lips it looks more beige/pink/rusty colour. It's really unusual and I like it. Here's a pic of my kisser wearing it (taken in electric light). My skintone is fair/light with blonde hair and blue eyes. For some reason it is upside down.!

View attachment 11055

That looks lovely on you Weathergirl.

Thanks for the Amazon info. Just ordered Marilyn from Amazon for £18 and (free) Prime delivery.

That looks lovely on you Weathergirl.

Thanks Loveinamist. I have a feeling my mum will nab this one though as the shade is like one she has been after for a while. Anyone remember a brand called Maxi? A colour called "moist maple".

I have a few Joan Collins sets and like them but not used them much. I have been growing my hair and it is very overgrown I need a good cut and then will try more made up looks. I'm really unsure whether I actually like the nail and lip colours, I have Katrina and Marilyn, or if it is just that I'm nostalgic about them? They so remind me of the first lipsticks I bought as an early teen in the early 1980's and the nail colours too. Maybe they will suit me better now since I'm approaching 50 well 47 to be precise.

This thread has reminded me to give them a proper try. I've also been wearifng the perfume for the last couple of days. Which is also so 1980's and so Joan to me. I didn't think I really liked it and certainly thought my DH would hate it as he hates most perfumes especially anything strong. To me it is strong when applying but you soon don't smell it but when I smell it on my clothes the next day I quite liked it and DH commented on it and insisted that he likes it as it isn't overpowering strong! I'm shocked as he wouldn't normally comment apart from to complain.

I fancy melanie and also probably fontaine next once I'm sure about Marilyn and Katrina.

It's a brand I have never considered before, but after reading this thread I think I will give it a try! Not one for strong lip colours, so I jumped on the QVC website and I have gone for the Marilyn lipstick and a face powder. I could do with a new powder and the Marilyn looks pretty universal - It's on Waitlist, so fingers crossed! I also fancy the look of the mascara/ lip gloss set in Piper...

Mr Hermes has just been with my JC makeup. Must say, they seem very quick these days.
I ordered the set with the powder & lipstick duo compact, and the nail polish. The powder is shown with a black powder puff type applicator on the box, but mine doesn't have one! Have I been robbed? Can't be bothered to return it just for that, but I'm slightly miffed.
The Marilyn lip colour looks a bit darker in real life than I was expecting, but I think it will be ok when it's on. The 'tone' looks right, anyway.

Reporting back; I've tried the lipstick, it's lovely stuff, very smooth and creamy, and goes on nicely. The colour (Marilyn) is a bit brighter than I expected, and more bright coral than peach. I have an Estée Lauder one somewhere, very similar in colour. Haven't tried the powder yet, as will have to find something to apply it with! Nail polish looks nice, and will be used on my toes shortly.
Against my better judgement, I find myself quite liking the fragrance sample too!
Thanks for the recommendations!

I'm a newbie here, so hello to everyone, and thank you for all the advice I've received over the last few months.

Pick-a-Lily - I think we have the same issue/colouring.
I have struggled all my life to find lipsticks that suit me. I always wanted to wear a statement lipstick and wasted so much money, before I gave up and stuck with wearing light pink lip glosses.
Then a few years ago I ordered a lipstick from ColourMeBeautiful called Coral, which was recommended for my colouring type: Warm and Clear.
I couldn't believe I finally looked better when wearing it, and not worse as with all previous lipsticks. I was very happy :mysmilie_12:
Prior to ordering from the website I had bought many lipsticks named 'coral'; but they were never the right colour or shade.
Since then I've discovered three other shades recommended for me in their book Colour Me Beautiful (2010 edition); Warm Pink, Tulip and Topaz. The latter two are not sold on their website but after studying them I've finally learnt to understand which I need to choose.
If you'd like I can advise you which lipstick, from a brand, I would purchase.
I bought a copy of the book just before Christmas for a friend and it came with a voucher for £10 off their website. Book cost about £7 from Amazon seller.
I also bought the 2014 version; but the printed colours were off and I didn't like the newer colouring types with much less colour options.
I'm hoping to get the material swatch for my birthday, I currently use the app (no longer available in iOS store) and my book.

Since then I have gone a step further and discovered the benefit of a white lipstick.
I saw Mally presenting a lipstick palette that had a white and black, to either lighten or darken lipsticks. I was not interested in the other palette colours so searched around and found a video about mixing lipsticks on YouTube and then bought the lipstick and mixing palette from Amazon sellers; both are inexpensive, about £6 for the two.
- Stargazer Lipstick Number 111
- Stainless Steel Cosmetic Makeup Palette & Spatula Set
I had planned to mix my Marylyn, which is too-pigmented for me to wear fully, on the stainless steel palette with the white, but it works just fine if I first apply a swipe of white, then the Marylyn over. According to the CMB classification of colours - Marylyn is a Medium Warm Pink and the white takes it down a notch to Warm Pink.
Me happy again ��
Hope the above helps you.

BTW Mac do a white lipstick too, which I will probably move over to when used this one up.
I also started only buying clothing, accessories and other makeup that was listed as my colouring. It's made such a difference; I look better and everything matches. And I'm trying to teach my young teenage son, and stick to his colour scheme with his purchasing. His colouring is very different from mine and what I always wanted to be - until I embraced my colouring properly.
I wish I'd discovered this all in my teens, especially the lipstick information.

Hi Pick-a-Lily, above are my replies to your discussions about JC lipsticks - as I'm new it took a few days for messages to show.

Reporting back; I've tried the lipstick, it's lovely stuff, very smooth and creamy, and goes on nicely. The colour (Marilyn) is a bit brighter than I expected, and more bright coral than peach. I have an Estée Lauder one somewhere, very similar in colour. Haven't tried the powder yet, as will have to find something to apply it with! Nail polish looks nice, and will be used on my toes shortly.
Against my better judgement, I find myself quite liking the fragrance sample too!
Thanks for the recommendations!

Latest posts

Back