Julia reveals health issue

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just want to say a massive thank you for all your kind "thanks" & "likes", prayers & lovely words! :) I did stay up until 2am last nite just to see if my neighbour needed me to help, they have an elderly doggie so if she's called to the hospice I would like to be there to provide practical help for her so she can devote her time to Nigel. Just seems so unfair, so many genuinely lovely people die young thru cancer & other illness.

They're giving him high calorie liquids at the mo' as he's too weak to receive chemo. I know it's unlikley but I've been praying so hard that he can just gain enough weight to have treatment. Whilst he's here there's hope allbeit very slim. His condition is more stable today so please God a miracle can happen! His body is so ravaged now that like I say his survival rate is slim but even if he could just have an extra few weeks that would give him & his wife & children more time to prepare.

The blood platlet donation scheme is a great idea, I will look into it. It's funny, we all have differing views on hair do's, presenting styles, handbags/clothes & we have all sorts of lively debates on here yet when it comes down to the really important stuff we all offer support, guidance & heartfelt messages to each other :). Best love & light to everyone who is a part of this forum & their families xx. Like someone said, it would be a very boring forum if everyone agreed about everything & those who are fighting cancer would want us to carry on having the laughs and differences of opinion :wink::mysmilie_504:

unfortunately, I am unable to donate as I have had blood transfusions in the past, the last in 1998. I feel bad that I am unable to repay the debt I owe to help others, after receiving donated blood which literally saved my life.

I have the utmost respect for people who selflessly give blood to help others in need.

Ah bless you Dolly Dimple. You mustn't feel bad. I give blood but I've had a few issues in my life that has meant I've had to stop for a while but then I could start again. Your situation is very different.

I tried to donate eggs when friends started to have problems having babies. I was gutted when I found out I was too old. I can't remember what the cut off is ... 38 maybe. I felt really old when I found out lol.

Would like to send my best wishes to Julia.

I live by a cancer hospice where my dear uncle died. May the day come soon when places like this are no longer needed. We can only hope.

Julia has said on Twitter that she found out 10 months ago. She also says she's doing OK. :eek:)

Julia has said on Twitter that she found out 10 months ago. She also says she's doing OK. :eek:)

that's strange cos the blog says approaching 55 and she's 57 this year? that's why i assumed she'd known getting on for 2 years.

dollydimple - i agree, you do feel bad when your life has been saved by others donating blood. even though i worked in the field for many years, it's a different thing when you're on the other end. you do feel you should be giving back.

that's strange cos the blog says approaching 55 and she's 57 this year? that's why i assumed she'd known getting on for 2 years.

dollydimple - i agree, you do feel bad when your life has been saved by others donating blood. even though i worked in the field for many years, it's a different thing when you're on the other end. you do feel you should be giving back.

Oh that doesn't sound quite right then. ****** twitter can be hard to interpret sometimes as you only get half the conversation but Julia appeared to be saying she was ten months in. The main thing is that however long its been the treatment is working for her. :eek:)

I don't know Julia personally, but i somehow feel gutted and shocked about her illness and i'm not sure why.??

Maybe its because i'm older than her, and this makes me realise how precious life is and how lucky i am,

and maybe i shouldn't take health so much for granted :(

Oh that doesn't sound quite right then. ****** twitter can be hard to interpret sometimes as you only get half the conversation but Julia appeared to be saying she was ten months in. The main thing is that however long its been the treatment is working for her. :eek:)

yes, glivec has revolutionised treatment.

I don't know Julia personally, but i somehow feel gutted and shocked about her illness and i'm not sure why.??

Maybe its because i'm older than her, and this makes me realise how precious life is and how lucky i am,

i think that's what it is barbs - when it's someone around your age, it's a reminder of your own mortality.

I read her say 10 months on Twitter too.

Is she not 55 at mo turning 56 in June?

same here Sparkly - I suppose because over the years she's spent so much time in my house on the telly it feels like it's a personal friend who's become ill...I'm pleased to hear that things seem to be going well for her and wish her well.

Just seen her interview with Simon re the book. She coped really well with the health issue. Well done Julia! I won't buy the book but I will sponsor her 101 lengths swim for charity later this year if she publicises it.

she looks very well and in good spirits. the drs are great these days in diagnosis. i suppose years ago you would just get sicker and sicker now they can usually treat you. if anything this will encourage people to take care and have all thier check ups. its also good that julia is raising awareness for polio and her diagnosis.

Julia considers us all as members of her extended family which is why she put something on her blog to prepare us before we read in her book that she has a health issue.

I thought it went well, but had to laugh at Simon when she said at 20 years old she was driving through France and Simon said "and no mobile phones?" What!! I won't be buying her book either.

I thought Julia coped well this morning. It can't have been easy for her. She said there would be a just giving page when she does her sponsored swim later in the year. Well I pre ordered her book when SCW found us the item number. I'm expecting it to arrive any day now. Julia is and always has been my favourite presenter. I for one , looks like I may be the only one on here am looking forward to reading it.

I thought Julia coped well this morning. It can't have been easy for her. She said there would be a just giving page when she does her sponsored swim later in the year. Well I pre ordered her book when SCW found us the item number. I'm expecting it to arrive any day now. Julia is and always has been my favourite presenter. I for one , looks like I may be the only one on here am looking forward to reading it.

I agree with you. It is sometimes hard to talk about difficult times and Julia did very well this morning. You are not alone in your reading group! I ordered the book on Saturday and looking forward to reading it.

Good luck Julia and I wish you and your family all the very best. x

Latest posts

Back