Julia Robert's gold popcorn watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rawfoodjunkie

Registered Shopper
My popcorn watch has been stolen and I need to make a claim on my insurance. Can anyone tell me how much it cost last time it was on air which I think was about 3 years ago but not sure as they do not sell it anymore. I have called customer services at QVC but they could only tell me what it cost 10 years ago when I bought it. A friend of mine thought it cost about £700 the last time she saw it on air. Any help would be much appreciated as I have to tell the insurers how much it would cost to replace as new.

My popcorn watch has been stolen and I need to make a claim on my insurance. Can anyone tell me how much it cost last time it was on air which I think was about 3 years ago but not sure as they do not sell it anymore. I have called customer services at QVC but they could only tell me what it cost 10 years ago when I bought it. A friend of mine thought it cost about £700 the last time she saw it on air. Any help would be much appreciated as I have to tell the insurers how much it would cost to replace as new.

Not sure, Raw, but you could probably easily double what you paid for it. The price of gold has increased vastly over recent years. Sorry to hear about your watch being stolen. Hope you get a new one.

I had to claim when my 9ct yellow gold popcorn watch broke and I had a full refund. I have the QVC invoice/receipt in my papers. Have to dash out tonight but will root it out for you when I get back. X

I'm no help but I'm sure other members here have owned the same watch. Welcome to the forum RFJ, I hope you get your claim sorted quickly, it's horrible having anything stolen, really an upsetting thing to happen! x

A month or so ago a member (think may have been Lynn) posted about a repair to this watch.
If you can find the post it might help if you message any posters who mentioned owing the watch.

That's reminded me, I bought that watch when it first came out, but cant remember how much it was, but I could never see the time with it , the fingers and watch being gold, so I got jeweller to paint the fingers black which was much better, but its been stuck in my drawer ever since very rarely wear it

I didn't find Customer Service much help on price airing at all - although you'd think in this techy age it wouldn't be a problem to dig up the info from the databases.

When Viva Las Vegas jewellery was popular many years ago, I bought a white gold ring, pave set with pale blue sapphires. I only wore this ring a couple of times within a 3 year period, then I noticed a stone had dropped out. I called CS and they were hopeless, nothing they could do, couldn't tell me when I bought it, and because it was out of 'warranty', it was nothing to do with them anymore. The ring is still in its box with a tooth missing. Still not sure what to do with it.

I had the same with a Joesph Esposoto (?) chain which you could only wear in conjunction with the magnetic pendants and I only wore it twice when the magnetic thingies when belly up. Obviously no jeweller would touch it and CS didn't want to know.i sent it back but they decided all knowledge of receiving it and this was pre tracking days.

Now here is a question, is your insurance old for new? That means they will replace at the current value and not the decreasing of wear over time. Also at the end of the day they may only give you the scrap value of the gold.

Just looked at the ad above. I wouldn't post it recorded delivery at that price. :thinking: it could get lost in the post.it should be special delivery that's tracked.

So many do not realise jewellery cannot be sent recorded it has to be special delivery to be covered for loss!!!

I didn't find Customer Service much help on price airing at all - although you'd think in this techy age it wouldn't be a problem to dig up the info from the databases.

When Viva Las Vegas jewellery was popular many years ago, I bought a white gold ring, pave set with pale blue sapphires. I only wore this ring a couple of times within a 3 year period, then I noticed a stone had dropped out. I called CS and they were hopeless, nothing they could do, couldn't tell me when I bought it, and because it was out of 'warranty', it was nothing to do with them anymore. The ring is still in its box with a tooth missing. Still not sure what to do with it.

Just a thought, do you have a jeweller, not the likes of H Samuel etc, you could go and get quote for a stone?????

Now back in the early days there was someone who always rang Steve Whately and bought lots of jewellery, and they had there stuff stolen and QVC gave they a print out of the purchases

How far back does your order history go? I'm fairly sure mine goes back a good bit even though it is not always in date order, one very old one is in the middle of more recent ones.

I think they cut off your order history at a certain number of items... it's always helpful if you're in the habit of keeping your emails.

Latest posts

Back