Julia's teeth

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
Just an observation before I go to bed, I'm sure Julia has done something with her teeth. I work in a dentist's so I always look at peoples teeth and until recently Julia had slightly wonkey gappy top teeth but today they look almost perfect. Thats all i wanted to say. Night night.

Just an observation before I go to bed, I'm sure Julia has done something with her teeth. I work in a dentist's so I always look at peoples teeth and until recently Julia had slightly wonkey gappy top teeth but today they look almost perfect. Thats all i wanted to say. Night night.
I agree there is something different about her tonight.

I don't blame her, a good smile is always an asset on the telly.

I've always had horrible neglected teeth (fear of dentist) but last year I decided to do something about it. Ended up spending £3000 on crowns/veneers, spending 5 hours in the dentist chair. It was worth every penny, it makes a difference to my face somehow, and I can smile without putting my hand up to my mouth. My fear of the dentist has disappeared too.:cool:

Linda

Hang on a second. This is a thread praising Julia Roberts???? Or are we nominating the dentist for an award ;-)

I havn't seen her but good for her if she's gotten them sorted,now...if only she could have a word with Dawson!

I've always had horrible neglected teeth (fear of dentist) but last year I decided to do something about it. Ended up spending £3000 on crowns/veneers, spending 5 hours in the dentist chair. It was worth every penny, it makes a difference to my face somehow, and I can smile without putting my hand up to my mouth. My fear of the dentist has disappeared too.:cool:

Linda

Money well spent!! A much better investment than buying over a thousand Kiplings bags.

Last edited:

I used to work for a dentist too Loveheart! Must take a look at next time she's on.

JR has a peculiar lopsided mouth and her teeth always looked wonky because of that I think. Haven't seen the new choppers but will look out for them as her knashers were never her best feature so it'll be interesting to see how they shape up now and good teeth can change the whole look of someone's face. :pPC:

Is there something morally 'good' about getting cosmetic surgery done on your teeth, as opposed to getting plastic surgery done on your face?

I haven't noticed anyone applauding the presenters or models who clearly have had things lifted and botoxed.

Is there something morally 'good' about getting cosmetic surgery done on your teeth, as opposed to getting plastic surgery done on your face?

I haven't noticed anyone applauding the presenters or models who clearly have had things lifted and botoxed.

It isn't just cosmetic though is it? Missing teeth or teeth that don't work together properly can cause all sorts of other problems, as can rotten teeth.

Loveheart after being called "Sad" for starting a thread about Julia's hair, as she had said she's to cut it much shorter in the New Year.
I really do hope you escape being treated likewise. :)

Linda

Absolutely agree Linda. My teeth were beginning to make me really depressed. After spending a fortune on implants, my life changed. I am petrified of dentists but the fear of being "gummy" was greater. I can now smile, eat, talk with confidence. I was beginning to talk behind my hand too.

It isn't just cosmetic though is it? Missing teeth or teeth that don't work together properly can cause all sorts of other problems, as can rotten teeth.

In Julia's case - if she has had work done - it's hardly likely to be because she's a crone with green teeth and festering gums, is it?

Very bad teeth and gums are likely to cause discomfort and even illness. But let's not pretend that getting your gap filled in with veneers is in the interests of improving your health.

This current fashion for veneers seems odd to me. I know instantly that people have had it done, not because their teeth are suddenly so white, but because more often than not their lips no longer close properly over their front teeth, and they no longer pronounce consonants crisply. Veneers are presumably very thin, but I think the tolerances are small enough for a mm or two to make a difference. I wonder if cheaper treatment is less successful than what the really rich people can buy?

Let's not pretend that having straight white teeth is somehow vital for health, while having a taut chin and no eyebags is a sign of frivolous vanity.

After years of neglect I had my teeth done in 2003 - it was the best money I have ever spent. Had them whitened but didn't need veneers. Not that keen on the glaring white ones as they just look so fake ;)

Loveheart after being called "Sad" for starting a thread about Julia's hair, as she had said she's to cut it much shorter in the New Year.
I really do hope you escape being treated likewise. :)

I saw that bags and thought it was a horrible post. This forum is surely about QVC and that includes the presenters If it is sad to comment on their appearance whether it be good or bad then I can see no point in the forum as it's really nice to be able to chat to others who are watching and have a good old gossip. Obviously the posts should be light hearted but I have seen some that are not too nice. Saying that someone may have had thier teeth done and looks better for it IMO is acceptable banter as well as saying that they are getting their hair done.

Latest posts

Back