Kathy Taylor leaving QVC after 21 years

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sales staff come and go from all retail outlets whether a TV channel or a bricks and mortar shop. At the end of the day that`s what Kathy is, ie sales staff albeit highly paid. As for her fashion picks, well I always thought fashion and Kathy were 2 things which shouldn`t be in the same sentence. She`s never struck me as having much fashion taste or knowledge and reading comments on Q`s facebook page I know she`s annoyed many people in the past with her can`t be bothered to read out details attitude.
Hopefully she`ll go on to lead the life she chooses and quick as a flash she`ll be replaced and forgotten, just like those who`ve been and gone before her.
I rarely ever watch Q and have never watched IW so I`ve no idea if one is better or worse than the other. I honestly think Q should have a total revamp and give a few more presenters their P45.

Unfortunately at each new intake they seem to be even worse than the old lot. Anna, Gurney woman (can’t remember her name) and the Irish girl.

All with the worst traits of bid TV.

I bet one things for certain, I bet she's stocked up on 'stuff' with her staff discount 🤭 🤭
It must have taken some time to factor in the loss of freebies into her retirement income.

Unfortunately at each new intake they seem to be even worse than the old lot. Anna, Gurney woman (can’t remember her name) and the Irish girl.

All with the worst traits of bid TV.
Back when I started watching 2009 there was Carmel Thomas and Anna Cookson. Both too young for Q. Carmel went on maternity leave and only resurfaced on one of the other selly telly channels.
Anna left to do "real" telly I think.
I hope both are doing ok.

Back when I started watching 2009 there was Carmel Thomas and Anna Cookson. Both too young for Q. Carmel went on maternity leave and only resurfaced on one of the other selly telly channels.
Anna left to do "real" telly I think.
I hope both are doing ok.
Anna was awful, selly telly really wasn’t her forte.
Miceal started at the same time.

Like many on here I really like Carla & I follow her on Instagram. She's having a bad time at the moment & said how she's only getting one show a week with the Q; there could be several reasons for this but on top of losing her mum to kidney failure one of her beloved dogs has also got kidney issues & the bills are quite high so she could do with more work. I got really emotional watching & there's nobody at the Q to match her.
Oh thats a shame. I wondered why she hadnt been doing all the Kim and Co hours. I hope they havent cut hers because I much prefer her to alot of the others. She always looks good in what she wears and knows what she is talking about. They do seem to have taken on some new ones which seems odd because I wouldnt have thought they needed them.

Glad to see that Patrick is doing different shows to QF because he is another one who knows his stuff. I also like Alex Hayden for the same reason. Jackie Joseph seems to have stepped back a bit as well but she does Money for Nothing and Homes under the Hammer now.

I do wonder what will happen to them when people like Kim are able to travel.

Is that the one who does Kims stuff?
Yes

Oh thats a shame. I wondered why she hadnt been doing all the Kim and Co hours. I hope they havent cut hers because I much prefer her to alot of the others. She always looks good in what she wears and knows what she is talking about. They do seem to have taken on some new ones which seems odd because I wouldnt have thought they needed them.

Glad to see that Patrick is doing different shows to QF because he is another one who knows his stuff. I also like Alex Hayden for the same reason. Jackie Joseph seems to have stepped back a bit as well but she does Money for Nothing and Homes under the Hammer now.

I do wonder what will happen to them when people like Kim are able to travel.
Wonder whether Patrick will take over from her?

Why is Her final shift going to be a one hour show on the Thursday.
Claire Sutton bowed out the same way.

One down, only a dozen or so to go! Seriously though, the mention of Kara Tritton reminded me of several ex presenters and how much the standards have dropped in the last few years. Even the ones who know better have lost their better selves. I don’t know how they sell anything these days. It’s a pity.
I can only hope Ann "you know" Dawson, Julia "numba" Roberts and Simon "there's lots in store" Biagi swiftly follow her!
I'm normally very respectful in online comments, but years of torture watching some presenters on Q has finally got to me! I tend to switch off a lot more now, my mental health matters!!! 😑

Was the gurney woman called Marvarine
The weird thing with her, she was on a news channel before Q. I think she went back to news reading?

No matter what Q think their audience are not trendy 20 somethings. If lucky 30+ and their audience is getting older as time passes so the hiring of the hip trendy younger presenters and then selling their so-called fashion which does not relate to I will say 95% of their viewers does not help. They can push the Joules etc all they want, thinking oh high end trendy. No, people who buy these brand names will go to their own websites and buy there usually at sale time.

The weird thing with her, she was on a news channel before Q. I think she went back to news reading?

No matter what Q think their audience are not trendy 20 somethings. If lucky 30+ and their audience is getting older as time passes so the hiring of the hip trendy younger presenters and then selling their so-called fashion which does not relate to I will say 95% of their viewers does not help. They can push the Joules etc all they want, thinking oh high end trendy. No, people who buy these brand names will go to their own websites and buy there usually at sale time.
I liked Marverine some of the time. It was clear selly telly was not a good fit for her. She joined same time as Jackie Kabler, both from a news background, and I think the logic was that they are used to working live with a constant talk track in their ears. I do think that today's Jackie is unrecognisable from day one Jackie.

I can only hope Ann "you know" Dawson, Julia "numba" Roberts and Simon "there's lots in store" Biagi swiftly follow her!
I'm normally very respectful in online comments, but years of torture watching some presenters on Q has finally got to me! I tend to switch off a lot more now, my mental health matters!!! 😑
Every time I switched over to QVC a couple of days ago, Ann was on with her "you know"s, I find her way of presenting very pushy, along the same lines as Fibby Flint's. I actually can't watch Ann now.....oh and you mean Julia "just saying" Roberts lol

Latest posts

Back